+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
"I'm not sure if the new laws requires 1460 days for all. I dont remember besides $100 increase in fees there were any major changes."

Canadiandesi2006,
What do you mean by this? Do you mean that there will be some kind of cutoff date to those who are subject to the new rule and those who are not? Is there any thing in the new bill that said that? I am confused!!!!! Please elaborate.

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
But they haven't asked for any additional docs and my atip says no hearing required and that was updated 1 month prior to fpat request.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
My time line...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on November 19, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 1, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
echorael said:
Canadiandesi2006 said:
"I'm not sure if the new laws requires 1460 days for all. I dont remember besides $100 increase in fees there were any major changes."

Canadiandesi2006,
What do you mean by this? Do you mean that there will be some kind of cutoff date to those who are subject to the new rule and those who are not? Is there any thing in the new bill that said that? I am confused!!!!! Please elaborate.
Well, I'm not challenging anybody's wisdom or knowledge here, just sharing my point of view. What I meant was quite simple.

If due to some unfortunate reasons our applications are rejected & forced to re-apply under the new rules, most of us already have more than 1460 days of physical stay in the country just waiting for the processing. At least under new rules, processing will be much faster.

However for the first time applicants, yes they will have to wait till the completion of 1460 days to apply.

Hope this clear any confusion.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Canadiandesi2006- I just thought you may know something I don't. The 1460 day is not a problem for most of us. ;) The intention to live in Canada might cause some issues if we decided to travel for extended period or work outside Canada after the oath.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
echorael said:
Canadiandesi2006- I just thought you may know something I don't. The 1460 day is not a problem for most of us. ;) The intention to live in Canada might cause some issues if we decided to travel for extended period or work outside Canada after the oath.
Once you have citizenship, how the rule of 1460 days have any relevancy. As most of the Canadians have been for working for decades outside the country. I dont think, it could affect citizens working outside.

Please feel free to send me private message with your contact number, and we can share our views & concerns.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Once you have citizenship, how the rule of 1460 days have any relevancy. As most of the Canadians have been for working for decades outside the country. I dont think, it could affect citizens working outside.

Please feel free to send me private message with your contact number, and we can share our views & concerns.
Don't worry,one of my friend just received the her oath letter,she has short 89 days to apply and need judge hearing,then she past .she was apple at Dec 2011.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Marylulu said:
Don't worry,one of my friend just received the her oath letter,she has short 89 days to apply and need judge hearing,then she past .she was apple at Dec 2011.
Thanks Marylulu, such important inputs really helps & gives lot of hopes to the readers. Have a wonderful evening. ;D

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
sharanki said:
I just got the letter for judge hearing. Passed the test in march. Anyone went through judge hearing process?
Sorry to hear that. Because you have passed the test then the only reason for the CJ is that they have some concerns about your residency that they were unable to clear it with you during the after test interview. Did you got an RQ? or Did they ask about additional documents? Each case will have different CJ hearing content based on their circumstances.

Just my two cents.
Good luck

sharanki

Jul 29, 2014
Hi echorael,

Thank you for the response. I did get an RQ after application in April last year and sent in all the necessary info. Passed the test and the officer asked few questions at the interview and he said everything looks good and I should expect oath in 3-4 months. It has been 8 months and I am surprised to get the hearing letter. It is regarding residency and required to bring in travel documents. I applied with 1098 days residency which is just at the borderline with the requirements but certainly meet the requirement for 1095 days.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
sharanki said:
Hi echorael,

Thank you for the response. I did get an RQ after application in April last year and sent in all the necessary info. Passed the test and the officer asked few questions at the interview and he said everything looks good and I should expect oath in 3-4 months. It has been 8 months and I am surprised to get the hearing letter. It is regarding residency and required to bring in travel documents. I applied with 1098 days residency which is just at the borderline with the requirements but certainly meet the requirement for 1095 days.
Sharanki, hopefully everything will be just alright. It could be mere formality. You might have read on this or last page, one of the reader shared a friend's similar experience, who had appointment with Citizenship Judge and now got the Oath.

Carry every possible document well arranged to prove you had been living in the country. Such as the following, Rental / ownership, Utility bills, (Phone), credit card statements, T4, pay stubs and other documents from the last years.

All they want to established is that if you were traveling overseas did you still have strong ties & strong intention to live in Canada or visiting Canada now & then just to obtain Canadian Citizenship.

Out of curiosity, how soon you have see the Citizenship Judge.....days between you received the letter & appointment with the judge.

I wish you all the best & luck. Stay positive !!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharanki said:
Hi echorael,

Please keep us posted about the outcome of your CJ hearing. Thanks.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
comestai said:
I think the forum is going towards more personal than in general. There is always a inbox to discuss few issues.
Yeah i agree with you. We should avoid personal inbox messages unless its absolutely necessary. This forum is open for general discussion for everybody's knowledge, guidance and sharing. Though we are not professional advisers. Personal messages defeats the purpose of this thread.