Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
powerpc said:
Hi all,

I hope you all have enjoyed your long weekend.

An important update for my timeline, for those who are interested (Feb test takers). I've just received the Oath Invitation Letter (the "Pink" letter) this afternoon (October 14th, 2014).

A re-cap of my time line in case you are interested:

Application submitted: March 2013
CIC received and started process: May 2013
RQ request: September 2013 (Raised my concern about why I was RQ'd during the interview after test: I submitted a photo copy of old driver license, which had my old address on it. As well as a US day trip not documented in the application)
Fingerprint request: September/October 2013 (Raise my concern about why I was asked to do fingerprint, answer was "it's a regular routine, could be same birthday with same last name, or similar name with someone has criminal history in the RCMP's database)
Received notice to appear for the test: December 2013
Wrote test: Feb 18 2014
First ATIP request: June 2014
Second ATIP request: Aug 2014
Notice received to appear for the Oath and ceremony: October 14, 2014
Oath Date: October 23, 2014, 8:30am, at 200 Town Centre Court, Scarborough.

Few notes:
- Till the date I submitted my application, I had 30+ extra days over the requirement (mainly because I miscalculated).
- I originally submitted my application in November 2013, with the 2013 application form (also missed a couple of places where require my signature), then in January/February 2014, I received a mail from CIC to request a new application from me with the 2014 form.
- I don't travel a lot. Once every year to visit parents in China, duration varies from 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Travelled once to the U.S., boxing day shopping trip, never documented in my application, however, was asked during the interview.
- I have a feeling that the ATIP request helped my process after the test. I don't have strong evidence, however, from the timestamps of the events after they received my ATIP request, it kind draws the connection. Again, I can not confirm this.

Good luck, everybody, hang in there, we will all be there together.

Cheers,
Congrats !!! At last after long journey you have reached your destination. Nice to know that.

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
powerpc, congragulations, and than you for the detailed summary. Albeit slower, those Feb takers are slowly moving ahead!!

canbengal

Aug 28, 2014
powerpc said:
Hi all,

An important update for my timeline, for those who are interested (Feb test takers). I've just received the Oath Invitation Letter (the "Pink" letter) this afternoon (October 14th, 2014).

RQ request: September 2013 (Raised my concern about why I was RQ'd during the interview after test: I submitted a photo copy of old driver license, which had my old address on it. As well as a US day trip not documented in the application)
Fingerprint request: September/October 2013 (Raise my concern about why I was asked to do fingerprint, answer was "it's a regular routine, could be same birthday with same last name, or similar name with someone has criminal history in the RCMP's database)

Few notes:
- Till the date I submitted my application, I had 30+ extra days over the requirement (mainly because I miscalculated).
- I originally submitted my application in November 2012, with the old application form (also missed a couple of places where require my signature), then in January/February 2014, I received a mail from CIC to request a new application from me with the 2014 form.
- I don't travel a lot. Once every year to visit parents in China, duration varies from 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Travelled once to the U.S., boxing day shopping trip, never documented in my application, however, was asked during the interview.
- I have a feeling that the ATIP request helped my process after the test. I don't have strong evidence, however, from the timestamps of the events after they received my ATIP request, it kind draws the connection. Again, I can not confirm this.

Cheers,
Hey powerpc, when was your file approved by a citizenship judge? When did it show up in the ATIP reports?

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canbengal said:
Hey powerpc, when was your file approved by a citizenship judge? When did it show up in the ATIP reports?
Hello there,

According to my second ATIP, my file was reviewed and granted in early June 2014.

Thanks,

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
powerpc said:
Hello there,

According to my second ATIP, my file was reviewed and granted in early June 2014.

Thanks,
Congrats powerpc, ...this is a good news for Feb. test takers. Wish you the best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
powerpc said:
Hi all,

Few notes:
- I originally submitted my application in November 2012, with the old application form (also missed a couple of places where require my signature), then in January/February 2014, I received a mail from CIC to request a new application from me with the 2014 form.

Cheers,

Congrats !! PowerPC your journey finally ended. It almost took 4 odd months to review your application by CJ

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation wish you all the best with your Canadian Citizenship.

Thanks for detail explanation... I hope we all get oat one day and

am desperately waiting for that day....

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powerpc said:
Congratulations! powerpc. Finally your wait has ended and goal achieved. Hope we all reach there soon too.

Is there an Oath updated in the online status changed yet?

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powerpc said:
Hello there,

Thanks,
Congrats powerpc! excellent news.

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Congratulations! powerpc. Finally your wait has ended and goal achieved. Hope we all reach there soon too.

Is there an Oath updated in the online status changed yet?
Hello Moe,

Online status was updated on the same day I received the mail.

Here is the copy-and-paste timeline from my eCAS:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
powerpc said:
Hello Moe,

Online status was updated on the same day I received the mail.

Here is the copy-and-paste timeline from my eCAS:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 6, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulation powerpc

canbengal

Aug 28, 2014
bravepeople said:
Congrats powerpc, ...this is a good news for Feb. test takers. Wish you the best.
dear bravepeople,
can you please update my details on google docs as well?

applied: mid 2011
pre-test rq: late 2013
test: July 2014
cj approval/granted: July 2014 (atip 1)
transferred to stc: august 2014 (atip 2)
oath: waiting

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canbengal said:
applied: mid 2011
pre-test rq: late 2013
test: July 2014
cj approval/granted: July 2014 (atip 1)
transferred to stc: august 2014 (atip 2)
oath: waiting
You are pretty close to receiving the Oath letter. Please keep us updated.
You had applied way too long ago in 2011 :eek: Did you ever get RQ?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powerpc said:
How many documents or what type of documents were requested to be submited in your RQ?

canbengal

Aug 28, 2014
Moe... said:
How many documents or what type of documents were requested to be submited in your RQ?
no specific requests, but i turned in tax returns, pay stubs, phone and bank records over eight years, birth certificates for the spouse and child, both citizens. sent over 150 documents in all including education certifications.