Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
RQ2012 said:
Hi Swede,
Did the officer mention in the interview whether s/he was satisfied with the RQ response? Have you ordered ATIP?
Another factor: is it close to or over 35 months since CIC received your application?
Well, she said the RQ processing was finalized, so I assume they were happy with my answers. Otherwise I should have been rejected by now. Something that I doubt will happen since I've been out of the country about a handful of times in the last six years, only two of which were trips longer than a day - 2 and 5 weeks respectively.

I submitted my application just before language tests became mandatory, so I'm just short of 2 full years.

A few weeks ago I ordered a copy of my full physical file. About a year ago I got a copy of my digital notes, but they weren't very useful.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Swede said:
I wrote my test on January 28th, and I'm also still waiting.

I got a pre-test RQ and I explicitly asked the agent who interviewed me whether or not my RQ had been fully processed, and she told me "yes" and that I should expect an oath date within 4-6 months. We're now at 8 months and change...
I can understand how frustrating to be in such situation. Its just that we all are in the same boat without any help from CIC. While they are processing fresh applications in 6 months time.

Have you requested ATIP reports, it gives a broad indication at what point your processing is. Morever, CIC has an utterly chaotic mail delivery system, sometime claims awaiting response from candidates to their letter which has actually NEVER reached the candidate.

Here are few things you may consider doing.

1) Request an ATIP report (It takes ONE month to come)
2) Send a registered mail to CIC stating your file #, your timeline details and requesting an update.
3) Attempt few times till you reach their CIC Call center and try to get details.

Wish you all the best.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I can understand how frustrating to be in such situation. Its just that we all are in the same boat without any help from CIC. While they are processing fresh applications in 6 months time.

Have you requested ATIP reports, it gives a broad indication at what point your processing is. Morever, CIC has an utterly chaotic mail delivery system, sometime claims awaiting response from candidates to their letter which has actually NEVER reached the candidate.

Here are few things you may consider doing.

1) Request an ATIP report (It takes ONE month to come)
2) Send a registered mail to CIC stating your file #, your timeline details and requesting an update.
3) Attempt few times till you reach their CIC Call center and try to get details.

Wish you all the best.
I wouldn't mind if it took them 60 months to process if only the process was transparent. Being told "to wait" isn't very helpful and just further help to build the case of a pointlessly bloated public sector. But I digress.

A year ago I ordered a copy of the digital notes and they weren't very helpful. A few weeks ago I ordered a copy of the full, physical file. We'll see how that pans out. As far as CIC's mailing system is concerned, I think it might as well be Canada post that is to blame - I frequently get other people's mail and I know of several items that have been mailed to me but never arrived.

1) Done.
2) I doubt they'd care. Has anyone had any success doing this?
3) I've called them several times, and all they tell me is that since I got an RQ I should give it another 1½-2 years. Not very helpful.

EDIT: I just looked through my digital notes and it turns out my RCMP criminal check expired 2 weeks ago. That'll add even more time to the process I wager...

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Swede said:
I wouldn't mind if it took them 60 months to process if only the process was transparent. Being told "to wait" isn't very helpful and just further help to build the case of a pointlessly bloated public sector. But I digress.

A year ago I ordered a copy of the digital notes and they weren't very helpful. A few weeks ago I ordered a copy of the full, physical file. We'll see how that pans out. As far as CIC's mailing system is concerned, I think it might as well be Canada post that is to blame - I frequently get other people's mail and I know of several items that have been mailed to me but never arrived.

1) Done.
2) I doubt they'd care. Has anyone had any success doing this?
3) I've called them several times, and all they tell me is that since I got an RQ I should give it another 1½-2 years. Not very helpful.

EDIT: I just looked through my digital notes and it turns out my RCMP criminal check expired 2 weeks ago. That'll add even more time to the process I wager...
RCMP and Immigration clearence happen within days as I think they have a digital process in place now. When the time comes they do this very quickly

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Swede said:
What do you expect to see on paper notes that is not on electronic files (from what you gathered on the forum)?

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
elprof said:
Hey Guys,

It has been a long time since I wrote my test and yet no updates on my status.

Here's my timeline:

Application received ............... March 1, 2013
Proccess started ................... May 2, 2013
Notice to appear for test ........ Jan 22, 2014
Test written ......................... Feb 14, 2014

Also, my PR will expire mid of Jan 2015

Any suggestions on what I should do, I'd really appreciate that
Renew your PR regardless. It takes 90 days (maximum) and most of the time comes in 30 days or so.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
torontob said:
What do you expect to see on paper notes that is not on electronic files (from what you gathered on the forum)?
As far as I understand, the physical files involve every hardcopied piece of paper in my file, barring documents or parts thereof which may be classified for whichever reason.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks,
I requested ATIP physical file before 40days and nothing has arrived yet? But after 3 weeks of my request I received a letter from cic asking for entry exit record of movement and I did send it to them back within 3 days but I haven't heard back from cic nor atip? Do you think it has to do with the letter the sent me and the letter I sent back to then that caused the daly to the atip?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
So Concerned said:
Folks,
I requested ATIP physical file before 40days and nothing has arrived yet? But after 3 weeks of my request I received a letter from cic asking for entry exit record of movement and I did send it to them back within 3 days but I haven't heard back from cic nor atip? Do you think it has to do with the letter the sent me and the letter I sent back to then that caused the daly to the atip?
You can track the overdue ATIP report using the acknowledgement number. Requesting ATIP is perfectly legal and would not have any adverse effect at all. On the contrary it might have prompted the CIC to request you for additional information to process your file.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Canadiandesi2006 said:
You can track the overdue ATIP report using the acknowledgement number. Requesting ATIP is perfectly legal and would not have any adverse effect at all. On the contrary it might have prompted the CIC to request you for additional information to process your file.
...or maybe they put you on a shitlist because you're being difficult... ::)

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
elprof said:
@ bravepeople I sent the RQ in October 2013
@ elprof, Thank you. Table is updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I hope you all have enjoyed your long weekend.

An important update for my timeline, for those who are interested (Feb test takers). I've just received the Oath Invitation Letter (the "Pink" letter) this afternoon (October 14th, 2014).

A re-cap of my time line in case you are interested:

Application submitted: March 2013
CIC received and started process: May 2013
RQ request: September 2013 (Raised my concern about why I was RQ'd during the interview after test: I submitted a photo copy of old driver license, which had my old address on it. As well as a US day trip not documented in the application)
Fingerprint request: September/October 2013 (Raise my concern about why I was asked to do fingerprint, answer was "it's a regular routine, could be same birthday with same last name, or similar name with someone has criminal history in the RCMP's database)
Received notice to appear for the test: December 2013
Wrote test: Feb 18 2014
First ATIP request: June 2014 (shows test completed)
Second ATIP request: Aug 2014 (shows file was reviewed and granted in early June)
Notice received to appear for the Oath and ceremony: October 14, 2014
Oath Date: October 23, 2014, 8:30am, at 200 Town Centre Court, Scarborough.

Few notes:
- Till the date I submitted my application, I had 30+ extra days over the requirement (mainly because I miscalculated).
- I originally submitted my application in November 2012, with the old application form (also missed a couple of places where require my signature), then in January/February 2014, I received a mail from CIC to request a new application from me with the 2014 form.
- I don't travel a lot. Once every year to visit parents in China, duration varies from 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Travelled once to the U.S., boxing day shopping trip, never documented in my application, however, was asked during the interview.
- I have a feeling that the ATIP request helped my process after the test. I don't have strong evidence, however, from the timestamps of the events after they received my ATIP request, it kind draws the connection. Again, I can not confirm this.

Good luck, everybody, hang in there, we will all be there together.

Cheers,