+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Hello members:
A recent report (12:09 ADT, Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014) published on CIC website says citizenship backlog is reduced by 8% since the action taken by the government to reduce backlog, even though, during the same time, over 150,000 applicants became citizen.

The report also predicted that in the fiscal year 2015-16 the backlog will be reduced by 80%.

Q: If 8% backlog is reduced in 8 months, how many months does the CIC need to reduce backlog by 100%?

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
bravepeople said:
Hi All,

Here is the link for the forum members data.
It can be a good idea to share your timelines to create/complete the sheet. If someone does not want to follow the forum, it will be better to inform us to delete his/her data.

Good luck for everyone

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2
Thanks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontorian said:
Hello members:
A recent report (12:09 ADT, Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014) published on CIC website says citizenship backlog is reduced by 8% since the action taken by the government to reduce backlog, even though, during the same time, over 150,000 applicants became citizen.

The report also predicted that in the fiscal year 2015-16 the backlog will be reduced by 80%.

Q: If 8% backlog is reduced in 8 months, how many months does the CIC need to reduce backlog by 100%?
Thanks for sharing the information. If they can reduce 8% of backlog in just couple of week's after implementation of new policy its promising. However, its all boils down to accountability of CIC's leadership & staff. Unless some big heads roll at CIC leadership, government stop taking their BS and want things to be fixed, things would not move fast enough.

Its all complacency, lack of accountability, CIC guys are hiding their laziness & in-competencies behind the procedures & security concern, in reality its NOT. They are masking actually their lack of willingness to do their simple jobs. Knowing candidates have no voice, powerless and are been treated as less than humans & unwanted guests.

Before becoming Permanent Residents, candidates already undergone a stringent process and are living in the country. Plus their records are available with various government agencies, utility & banks to be cross checked easily to expedite the process.Then why they put helpless candidates through unnecessary hardships, years to prove their eligibility for citizenship.

Unless the CIC leadership change their outlook from resisting to welcoming agency, treat candidates as resources for the country, no new procedures would be sufficient enough.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks for sharing the information. If they can reduce 8% of backlog in just couple of week's after implementation of new policy its promising. However, its all boils down to accountability of CIC's leadership & staff. Unless some big heads roll at CIC leadership, government stop taking their BS and want things to be fixed, things would not move fast enough.

Its all complacency, lack of accountability, CIC guys are hiding their laziness & in-competencies behind the procedures & security concern, in reality its NOT. They are masking actually their lack of willingness to do their simple jobs. Knowing candidates have no voice, powerless and are been treated as less than humans & unwanted guests.

Before becoming Permanent Residents, candidates already undergone a stringent process and are living in the country. Plus their records are available with various government agencies, utility & banks to be cross checked easily to expedite the process.Then why they put helpless candidates through unnecessary hardships, years to prove their eligibility for citizenship.

Unless the CIC leadership change their outlook from resisting to welcoming agency, treat candidates as resources for the country, no new procedures would be sufficient enough.
Citizenship applications were never a problem in the multiple Liberal governments and it only became an issue when Conservatives came in power. Coincidence? NO! I can understand overseas embassies backlog of parental applications but there was adequate resources for becoming a citizen in under 2 years back in mid 2000 and now all a sudden everyone got RQ. Surprised? shouldn't be - it was to pass the new citizenship act. Does this guarantee quicker service? MAYBE for a while until they play the same game again to pass another law.

utarkashi

May 7, 2014
Does 8% backlog clearance means it is from pre-test RQs held for almost 2 years or new application this year ? Because its seems no action being taken on pre-test RQs applicant since citizenship test.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontob said:
Citizenship applications were never a problem in the multiple Liberal governments and it only became an issue when Conservatives came in power. Coincidence? NO! I can understand overseas embassies backlog of parental applications but there was adequate resources for becoming a citizen in under 2 years back in mid 2000 and now all a sudden everyone got RQ. Surprised? shouldn't be - it was to pass the new citizenship act. Does this guarantee quicker service? MAYBE for a while until they play the same game again to pass another law.
Completely agree with you. I dont think it has anything to do with the supposedly heavy work load as CIC claims. On the contrary with the advancement, technology & process improvement it should have been much faster to process the applications.

As you rightly pointed out, its the political leadership which hindering the regular processing for their political reasons. If they wish they surely do it much faster.

deepak1983

Mar 8, 2011
toto1234 said:
Hi Deepak

Did you take out ATIP report if so when your file was transferred to Scarborough from St Clair.
I requested for the ATIP report three weeks ago. Did not receive it yet.
CIC call centre told me that my file was transferred to Scarborough in Mid/End of July and its waiting for a spot in one of the ceremonies happening there.

janoo

May 16, 2014
deepak congratulation your file is moving in right direction and hope

you will get the oath shortly.

my file is not moving since last 32 months.

applied jan. 2012. in process may 2012. rq march 2013 replied april 2013.

since than waiting......

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I applied in October 2012, RQed in July 2013, Tested and Passed in February 2014.
I called in today and agent said, "they are working on your file."
Does this mean anything or is it a generic answer?
Usually they said my file is in process but this time agent says, "they are working on it."
Thank you and good luck to all.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
canadiansoon said:
I applied in October 2012, RQed in July 2013, Tested and Passed in February 2014.
Usually they said my file is in process but this time agent says, "they are working on it."
I got same answer yesterday,maybe different agent speaks their owns ways.I am also tested in Feb 2014.

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
canadiansoon said:
Canadiansoon, this is the answer given to everyone," they are working on it' AS IF THEY ARE in an
automobile factory and putting a car together.
believe me any application of ours will not take more than hour to figure out if you were in Canada
or not, but it seems that the applications with RQ are stored in rooms and no body looking at it.
best luck for all

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same timeline as yours. Did you request for ATIP? I just did request mine a couple of days ago. That might give more info.

canadiansoon said:

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
samjohns22 said:
Canadiansoon, this is the answer given to everyone," they are working on it' AS IF THEY ARE in an
automobile factory and putting a car together.
believe me any application of ours will not take more than hour to figure out if you were in Canada
or not, but it seems that the applications with RQ are stored in rooms and no body looking at it.
best luck for all
In this information age, where everything in on users finger tips why does CIC with everything at their disposals - millions of dollars in budget, most advanced infrastructure, resources, personnel and power still requires years and years to process an application. Just unbelievable !!!

Candidates for Citizenship grant are living in the country, renting / owning the places (Got some addresses) work, pay yearly taxes, got driving licenses, send kids to schools, use credit cards and what not. Is it believable that it takes years just to verify their details.

Perhaps if CIC recognize & treat the candidates as resources that can be used for country's development, things would have been much faster.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
In this information age, where everything in on users finger tips why does CIC with everything at their disposals - millions of dollars in budget, most advanced infrastructure, resources, personnel and power still requires years and years to process an application. Just unbelievable !!!

Candidates for Citizenship grant are living in the country, renting / owning the places (Got some addresses) work, pay yearly taxes, got driving licenses, send kids to schools, use credit cards and what not. Is it believable that it takes years just to verify their details.

Perhaps if CIC recognize & treat the candidates as resources that can be used for country's development, things would have been much faster.
Because Canada does not want us ???