+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
torontores said:
I guess our cases are delayed because these cases went through the data center and were picked up as suspecious.

Right now, no one want to bear the consequence to process these suspecious cases, all of them are working on the new target.

For our cases, very likely they are waiting for the new measures to be implemented, so that they can ask these applicants to sign on some form to prove by ourselves.
I feel this too, the case workers dont want to risk taking on bad applications and want someone else to pick up them.

torontores

Jul 10, 2014
Yes, actually we are no more suspecious than the current applicants. All are about bad timing, politics ,bureaucracy....

Just curious, why you guys think petition is better than a strike?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontores said:
Yes, actually we are no more suspecious than the current applicants. All are about bad timing, politics ,bureaucracy....

Just curious, why you guys think petition is better than a strike?
Here is my concern why our protesting / striking might not have any serious impact. First of all, how many candidates do you think would actually participate in the strike. Assume if they are 50 or 100, do you think this strength would impress or compel CIC to expedite the processing ?

CIC may not even acknowledge our protest or have any obligation to act due to the protests. On the contrary, if a legal petition is filed, they are bound to respond to the court of law.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontores said:
Mandamus - anyone can introduce a good lawyer? How long it might take the finish the case?
As such any immigration attorney can file "Mandamus" on your behalf. It is just a law petition against the concerned department which any resident can file by paying $50 court. However as its legal matter hiring an attorney cost money but has better chances for success.

I read it on other immigration forum & sharing that information. I'm NOT trying to promote any attorney here. ;D

The reader wrote, after long waiting he hired one of these attorney and spent about $6000. He had his Oath scheduled in a month's time.

Toronto, GTA based attorneys

1) Michael & Jordan Batista

2) Lorne Waldman

Its good idea to find out if they can file a "Mandamus" or petition on behalf of group of candidates and we can share the expenses.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
well we cant file for mandamus until 35 months are up.
Completely agree, option of Mandamus is applicable only for candidates who waited for over 35 months. Besides that, other option is involving media and immigration rights groups to highlight the plight of candidates in the right forum.

Who can take up the matter directly with the CIC, ask what they are doing to resolve the old cases. Contrary to the CIC claims, new system has NOT resolved old cases, everything still looks like standstill for months. Ask them, when the actual results will be noticed.

I personally believe that demonstrations, protests or hunger strikes would not convince the CIC to expedite the process. More ever, nobody would be forthcoming Or participate in such activities.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Completely agree, option of Mandamus is applicable only for candidates who waited for over 35 months. Besides that, other option is involving media and immigration rights groups to highlight the plight of candidates in the right forum.

Who can take up the matter directly with the CIC, ask what they are doing to resolve the old cases. Contrary to the CIC claims, new system has NOT resolved old cases, everything still looks like standstill for months. Ask them, when the actual results will be noticed.

I personally believe that demonstrations, protests or hunger strikes would not convince the CIC to expedite the process. More ever, nobody would be forthcoming Or participate in such activities.
and because of the 35 months shield cic gets, the call center agents have no reason to send messages to the st clair office. the only option is to write a joint letter, sign it with perhaps our usernames and email addresses and send it off to st. clair.
I am curious to know how many would be interested in doing this from this forum and if we have enough support, I dont mind taking the initiative.

Also, I know there are applicants waiting long before the feb test takers, but from what i can tell, there is a larger number of applicants waiting from feb.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
QAI said:
and because of the 35 months shield cic gets, the call center agents have no reason to send messages to the st clair office. the only option is to write a joint letter, sign it with perhaps our usernames and email addresses and send it off to st. clair.
I am curious to know how many would be interested in doing this from this forum and if we have enough support, I dont mind taking the initiative.

Also, I know there are applicants waiting long before the feb test takers, but from what i can tell, there is a larger number of applicants waiting from feb.
Support

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I called CIC last Thursday. I was told by the agent that my oath letter was just sent to me that day and I am scheduled for the oath on Sep 20. My e-case was updated today as well. It says - We sent you a notice on August 28, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM. I have not received my pink letter yet. I guess it is because of the long weekend.

My local office is St. Clair office and my timeline is as below:

Application received: Feb 14 2012
Processing started: Nov 29 2012
RQ received: Jan 2013
RQ sent back: Feb 2013
Notice to write the test received: Feb 26 2014
Test & Interviewed: Mar 17 2014
Oath letter sent: Aug 28 2014

This forum has been very helpful to me and I hope all of you will your oath letter very soon!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laomai said:
Hi guys,

I called CIC last Thursday. I was told by the agent that my oath letter was just sent to me that day and I am scheduled for the oath on Sep 20. My e-case was updated today as well. It says - We sent you a notice on August 28, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM. I have not received my pink letter yet. I guess it is because of the long weekend.

My local office is St. Clair office and my timeline is as below:

Application received: Feb 14 2012
Processing started: Nov 29 2012
RQ received: Jan 2013
RQ sent back: Feb 2013
Notice to write the test received: Feb 26 2014
Test & Interviewed: Mar 17 2014
Oath letter sent: Aug 28 2014

This forum has been very helpful to me and I hope all of you will your oath letter very soon!
Our timeline is quite similar. I sent my app in Jan 2012, got RQ'd in October 2012 and wrote my cit test in April.

janoo

May 16, 2014
loamai.... Congratulation and good to hear some positive news from St.Clair..

My time line is almost similar than yours.

applied January 2012

in process May 2012

RQ March 2013 Replied april 2013

since than waiting....