+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

mini_k

Aug 19, 2014
torontob said:
So, why the heck is that? I have seen people who got letter in 1.5 months after test and these are people who applied last year. We got punished because they wanted to pass a bill and it's done now - why are they still treating people unequally?
I have the same question.
Current applicants are being scheduled for oath in no time.
I called a call center to inquire about the delay in oath scheduling and they told me that Scarborough does not have a room. It seems like the priority is given to new applicants and nobody cares about the backlog anymore. This is obviously not a fair treatment.

mini_k

Aug 19, 2014
I noticed that there are quite a few February 2014 test takers are still waiting for oath. Do you know if your applications have been approved or are they still being reviewed in St. Clair?
Have your files been transferred to either Scarborough or Mississauga and placed in queue for oath?

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
today my ATIP received, it says my file is held for further review/analyses.
test was done back in jan, 22, 2014.
now I am not sure how much time it takes to review ?

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks what's next? I am on my 7th months after test and nothing?? CIC sent an inquiry to local office since June and usually within 3 months the applicant or cic should receive a response but nothing so far? What should I do last atip shows my file is on waiting for more docs to make a positive decision after they reviewed ICES report they had requested internally I haven't received anything after my test notice from CIC,,,, never left the country started working and paying tax after 2 months of my landing continually till today!!! Exit/entry report from the previous country I was resident already given to the officer during the interview!! What else should I have done to avoid such terrible waiting game!!'

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I have an idea. All Feb 2014 test takers with pre-Rq should sign a petition letter and mail it to st Clair.
This way they will feel or frustrations.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks QAI

Luckily I haven't RQ'd! Neither pre test nor post test!! Which I am glad about that? But what's concerning me the most is that 7 months went by and nothing transpired! I don't know how read my situation!!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
QAI said:
I have an idea. All Feb 2014 test takers with pre-Rq should sign a petition letter and mail it to st Clair.
This is a much needed action.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
Thanks QAI

Luckily I haven't RQ'd! Neither pre test nor post test!! Which I am glad about that? But what's concerning me the most is that 7 months went by and nothing transpired! I don't know how read my situation!!
Have you asked the call-center to send a reminder or not?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontob said:
So, why the heck is that? I have seen people who got letter in 1.5 months after test and these are people who applied last year. We got punished because they wanted to pass a bill and it's done now - why are they still treating people unequally?
Because the Conservative run CIC is begging for a defeat in the next year federal election. Time to throw these bums out.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Let us do it! we don't want to be left unattentioned

QAI said:

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
Probably, we need to figure out from the legal experts if there is a provision to file class action / legal action against the concerned minister and CIC dept on behalf of all candidates waiting inordinately across the country. The applicants are in our country, every bit of their information can be verified through other agencies yet they are been tortured under some pretext for unknown reasons.

CIC online system DOES NOT provide any status update at all and their call center is even bigger joke. Tax payers have right to know how the CIC operates and why despite of their millions dollars and so many personnel yet it moving at old snail's speed.

If heavy volume of work is the CIC's excuse, then how come every year CRA Dept process billions of tax dollars for millions of residents (Citizens, PR and Commercial) in timely manner, utility and telephone companies service which have much larger volume of work and millions of their consumers. Yet they DOES NOT take years, then why ONLY the CIC need years to do even the most simplest task.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably, we need to figure out from the legal experts if there is a provision to file class action / legal action against the concerned minister and CIC dept on behalf of all candidates waiting inordinately across the country. The applicants are in our country, every bit of their information can be verified through other agencies yet they are been tortured under some pretext for unknown reasons.

CIC online system DOES NOT provide any status update at all and their call center is even bigger joke. Tax payers have right to know how the CIC operates and why despite of their millions dollars and so many personnel yet it moving at old snail's speed.

If heavy volume of work is the CIC's excuse, then how come every year CRA Dept process billions of tax dollars for millions of residents (Citizens, PR and Commercial) in timely manner, utility and telephone companies service which have much larger volume of work and millions of their consumers. Yet they DOES NOT take years, then why ONLY the CIC need years to do even the most simplest task.
CRA is a 'tax revenue' agency. That's why they never miss a beat and will be on your butt if you don't pay your taxes. Money is one thing government doesn't ignore or forget. Also, private companies are driven by profit and services so those two motivate them to do your business in a timely manner. However, CIC is a politically charged union run department. It treats you and I as mere numbers and files/folders. They're told 1- to be slow in processing, 2- they don't care.

Simple as that. No amount of petition will get them to do their jobs in a timely fashion.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Canadiandesi2006 said:

We can't file a law suit unless 36 months are up. CIC can take up to 36 months and they can't be rushed. By signing a letter with all our names or client ids we can focus them to the Feb test takers with pre rq. I believe there are quite a few Feb test takers waiting.
Im willing to mail out the letter if the people here want to sign it.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Have checked with cic today and they said that they cannot write or take any action

if your file in processing time line, i.e. 24 month for regular and 35 mont for

non routine...

ajaymetha

Aug 15, 2014
Applied : April 2011 (Mississauga Office)
In process: Dec. 2011
Pre-test RQ Received: April 2013 (Received from St. Clair Office)
RQ Submitted: May 2013
No test invitation yet.

No test to date. As per latest ATIP, last time, my application was updated on June 05, 2013. Only 1 line is mentioned that File referred to RQ queue.

I am still waiting for test invitation. Atleast, 15 times contacted my MP. He only provided info from ATIP. According to him, he can't help me in this situation. After 36 months, through call center, I requested specific information on my file. In response, in late July 2014, I received a letter with stereotype response that RQ is not yet reviewed.

I am extremely frustrated.