Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

NOW I'M CANADIAN :) :) :)

Yesterday was the oath ceremony. It was about 1 hour.. every thing was great.. we were asked the show the document mentioned in the oath letter...

Hope you all will get the oath letter very soon .. Don't loose the hope ....I know for some of you it took to long .. but be patient you will get it ...I had 6 month between test and oath ceremony...

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larine said:
Hi Guys,

Yesterday was the oath ceremony. It was about 1 hour.. every thing was great.. we were asked the show the document mentioned in the oath letter...

Hope you all will get the oath letter very soon .. Don't loose the hope ....I know for some of you it took to long .. but be patient you will get it ...I had 6 month between test and oath ceremony...
Congratulations! Proud CANADIAN :D

Hope we will get our Oaths soon too.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larine said:
Hi Guys,

Congrats.
Can you post your timeline here?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
larine said:
Hi Guys,

Please accept my congratulations !!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just spoke to a CIC agent and he told me that my citizenship application has finally been marked 'urgent' as of last week due to 'loss of a federal job opportunity.' And now my app is waiting for the next stage. Did my test back on April 7th. So now what do you guys think is going to happen?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Just spoke to a CIC agent and he told me that my citizenship application has finally been marked 'urgent' as of last week due to 'loss of a federal job opportunity.' And now my app is waiting for the next stage. Did my test back on April 7th. So now what do you guys think is going to happen?
How did you convince them that you were going to lose a federal job opportunity if not Citizen soon?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
How did you convince them that you were going to lose a federal job opportunity if not Citizen soon?
Sent them the necessary info they required to see.
At any rate, I did my test 5 months ago. It is about darn time they allowed me to take the oath of citizenship.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Hi Rayan : Happy to note, your application is considered for urgent processing and hopefully you get the Oath ASAP.

I had submitted couple of letters from my employer with supporting explaining why my Citizenship critical for the job. CIC replied its NOT a valid justification for urgent processing. Not only, I lost that job but losing potential opportunities for my inability to travel overseas.

In any case, please accept my congratulations on this positive development and wish you all the best.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Rayan14 said:
Sent them the necessary info they required to see.
At any rate, I did my test 5 months ago. It is about darn time they allowed me to take the oath of citizenship.
Hi Rayan14, What was the job requirement when you applied for the job? Did the job requirement say you have to be a Canadian citizen or did it say permanent residents can apply too?

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I think the point is his job is federal government job and benefits Canada. And yours may be private enterprise job and benefits yourself only. I know some jobs in Middle East only accept the person holding Canadian passport or US passport, etc. It pays well but it only benefits yourself and this is the situation Canadian government hates: you just use Canadian passport as a convenience. But if in danger, Canadian government will pay more money to protect you.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Hi Rayan : Happy to note, your application is considered for urgent processing and hopefully you get the Oath ASAP.

I had submitted couple of letters from my employer with supporting explaining why my Citizenship critical for the job. CIC replied its NOT a valid justification for urgent processing. Not only, I lost that job but losing potential opportunities for my inability to travel overseas.

In any case, please accept my congratulations on this positive development and wish you all the best.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
larine said:
Hi Guys,

I am so happy for you!!and thank you for gave me good advice.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
An urgent processing requires an adult to be eligible for citizenship. Also, the person must completed 1095 days residency requirement. On top of that there must be a reason like job gain/loss, can't return back after visiting dying parents or something else. Many of us here have some valid reasons, I guess, to have our applications processed urgently.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
I think the point is his job is federal government job and benefits Canada. And yours may be private enterprise job and benefits yourself only. I know some jobs in Middle East only accept the person holding Canadian passport or US passport, etc. It pays well but it only benefits yourself and this is the situation Canadian government hates: you just use Canadian passport as a convenience. But if in danger, Canadian government will pay more money to protect you.
Thanks, my employer was a largest corporate entity serving various Federal agencies. For that, in addition to the technical skills, citizenship is mandatory for their employees for security clearances etc, my employer stated this plus frequent business trips to USA.

However CIC felt, its NOT a valid reason. I have learnt that valid reasons are like if you have to represent Canada for some for significant international events, like Olympic or national sports etc.

Although CIC says that if someone risk of losing their job, they would consider "URGENT", which my employer had indirectly indicated in two letters to CIC & [b then let me go on pretext there is no work as I could not work for Federal agencies.[/b] Bottom line, I lost the job due to insensitivity of CIC despite my employers couple of letters.

Yet, no employer explicitly states they are laying someone off because he is NOT a Citizen, as its illegal & will land them in problems.

Nevertheless, indeed I'm happy for this fellow forum member and curious to explore this channel if this could help us.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
Hi Rayan14, What was the job requirement when you applied for the job? Did the job requirement say you have to be a Canadian citizen or did it say permanent residents can apply too?
I wish I could elaborate further on my job prospects but I can not. However, the CIC wanted me to bring evidence from that federal agency/organization stating that only 'citizens' can apply or be hired. And that's what I sent them. I sent it twice though. The first time they didn't really accept it. The second time it worked, I suppose. But it is a tad late any ways as I took my citizenship test almost 5 freaking months ago. It is so frustrating when your life and destiny are in others' hands. And yes the position I've been wanting to do is only open to 'Canadian citizens' and no one else. You can't be a PR to be considered.

ca4ever2u said:
An urgent processing requires an adult to be eligible for citizenship. Also, the person must completed 1095 days residency requirement. On top of that there must be a reason like job gain/loss, can't return back after visiting dying parents or something else. Many of us here have some valid reasons, I guess, to have our applications processed urgently.
Please keep it up. Don't relent. Go at it full speed. They may not like stubborn and relentless applicants but hey that is your LIFE and your future. Bug the hell out of them with your reasonable demands and let them know you need the citizenship ASAP. I hope you get your citizenship soon.

Canadiandesi2006 said:

It sucks. I wish there were legal remedies for such discrimination. I feel for you.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Nevertheless, indeed I'm happy for this fellow forum member and curious to explore this channel if this could help us.
Thanks. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know as soon as I get the 'decision' letter or an invite to the oath ceremony.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
I wish I could elaborate further on my job prospects but I can not. However, the CIC wanted me to bring evidence from that federal agency/organization stating that only 'citizens' can apply or be hired. And that's what I sent them. I sent it twice though. The first time they didn't really accept it. The second time it worked, I suppose. But it is a tad late any ways as I took my citizenship test almost 5 freaking months ago. It is so frustrating when your life and destiny are in others' hands. And yes the position I've been wanting to do is only open to 'Canadian citizens' and no one else. You can't be a PR to be considered.

Please keep it up. Don't relent. Go at it full speed. They may not like stubborn and relentless applicants but hey that is your LIFE and your future. Bug the hell out of them with your reasonable demands and let them know you need the citizenship ASAP. I hope you get your citizenship soon.

It sucks. I wish there were legal remedies for such discrimination. I feel for you.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know as soon as I get the 'decision' letter or an invite to the oath ceremony.
Rayan : I'm very happy that finally you can see the light out of this dark tunnel. I wish & pray we all have such good news to share soon.

Have a wonderful day my friend.... Cheers ;D ;D ;D