Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
IT IS ABSOLUTELY CITIZENSHIP JUDGE TO APPROVE OR REJECT
IF YOUR NUMBER OF DAYS SHORT OF 1095 CHANCES ARE 50/50
Thanks, precisely that's my concerns right now. At least if they take quick decision & reject, I can re-apply and get thru this instead of waiting for ever in this suspense.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Forum readers : I need help to understand if you are aware of any candidate across the country who with less than 1095 days minimum required days has been recently approved for Citizenship.

Myself and family have our PR's since Aug'2006. While my family & kids stayed here, I worked few months in USA in the last 4 years. preceding my application for citizenship in Feb'12 thru immigration attorney. Then RQ was'nt that common or rather CIC was lenient with this requirements.

Only upon receiving my first ATIP, I was shocked either due to attorney's oversight or overconfidence, my application was indeed submitted with 59 days short of 1095 days minimum required. Had I known this, I could have waited for 6 or more months after 1095 days to apply but now I'm already in this terrible situation.

Waiting since Mar'2014 after passing the test, I'm NOT sure what to expect either my case would be approved or get rejected, assigned to Citizenship judge. If so, estimated time frame. I have documents to prove that my family was here all along, credit cards transactions & paid taxes.

Any thoughts or sharing of experiences on this would be highly appreciated.
You have nothing to worry about as your residency days are above 950 days... The number of days short are not the ultimate deciding factor on one's citizenship application.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
You have nothing to worry about as your residency days are above 950 days... The number of days short are not the ultimate deciding factor on one's citizenship application.
Thanks Rayan, I find it mere torture the CIC taking years to process, keeping everyone in dark & their lives on hold. If a candidate DOES NOT meet the basic requirement, CiC should reject his/her application immediately like their reject if a candidate pay even $5 short.

What's point in dragging them thru the ordeal of Citizenship test, years of waiting as its total waste of everyone's time & CIC of resources.

Under "Mandamus" law suite candidates have successfully sued the CIC and won. However its cost in excess of >$5000 which most of us cannot afford. Obviously there could be some provision where all candidates can collectively sue the CIC to remedy the situation.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks Rayan, I find it mere torture the CIC taking years to process, keeping everyone in dark & their lives on hold. If a candidate DOES NOT meet the basic requirement, CiC should reject his/her application immediately like their reject if a candidate pay even $5 short.

What's point in dragging them thru the ordeal of Citizenship test, years of waiting as its total waste of everyone's time & CIC of resources.

Under "Mandamus" law suite candidates have successfully sued the CIC and won. However its cost in excess of >$5000 which most of us cannot afford. Obviously there could be some provision where all candidates can collectively sue the CIC to remedy the situation.
No but we can all help defeat the governing party who is responsible for this mess. CIC is a boondoggle and a waste. It is 'Time' for some substantial changes.

kimchi_chiage

Mar 18, 2014
For those still waiting. I just want to say, you are not alone.

My timeline:

Application received: Nov 25, 2011.
Processing Application: Nov 2, 2012.
Test: March 18, 2014.
Oath: ?

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really have no idea why it takes them that long to process after test and interview, I have been always thinking once test is done then it is over :'(

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Well keep us posted if anyone from Feb gets an oath invite. For most Feb 21st takers, we should be at our 6 month wait in a few days. lets see if cic can keep their word.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kdta said:
today almost 7 Months after the test Interview, no sign of good news.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
What a pathetic state of affair at CIC. Assumed because I got few days short for the minimum required days my case is getting delayed.
Surprisingly even candidates who fully met the requirements too are suffering, it just ridiculous and unaccepted delay.

Dont know if the so called CIC's new policies and hiring of over 300 CIC decision makers would ever have any positive effect or its an eye wash to ward off the severe criticism of CIC working style.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
Well keep us posted if anyone from Feb gets an oath invite. For most Feb 21st takers, we should be at our 6 month wait in a few days. lets see if cic can keep their word.
We have'nt notice any movement on Oath letters for sometime. Unless, the CIC staff is either preparing for marathon work in the coming months ;D ;D or away on summer vacations en-mass after resting for long months in the indoors at CIC offices. ;D ;D ;D

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
We have'nt notice any movement on Oath letters for sometime. Unless, the CIC staff is either preparing for marathon work in the coming months ;D ;D or away on summer vacations en-mass after resting for long months in the indoors at CIC offices. ;D ;D ;D
They just don't work as much as private sector employees do. They have their cushy govt-union jobs and they don't care about me and you much. There's no oversight either.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Am worried since I have send RQ in March 2013 have not heard from CIC.

My time line.

Jan. 2012 applied.
in process May 2012.
RQ March 2013.
Replied April 2013.

apply for atip report twice nothing showing...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Am worried since I have send RQ in March 2013 have not heard from CIC.

My time line.

Jan. 2012 applied.
in process May 2012.
RQ March 2013.
Replied April 2013.

apply for atip report twice nothing showing...
Have you taken the citizenship test yet? If not, then it is way way too early to worry about your oath. LOL! Maybe in a year?