+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No update on my side (my office is Scarborough, not St. Clair though). Almost 6 months. So, I just sent them a letter saying 'I am writing to follow-up on my citizenship application as it has been 6 months since my test'.

My timeline is in my signature.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Congratulations! Star200. This is a very good sign of progress because you were in Feb. test takers group,who have kind of stuck feeling, including myself. Wish you the best.

@ coolguy911; Can you let us know if your test center was St. Clair office?

@ raojee; Would you please share you timeline?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janon said:
Hello all! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! I thought it'd be best if I shared my citizenship application timeline for the CIC Mississauga Office.

28 November 2013: Application for Citizenship (Adult Grant) was received and Study guide was mailed.
9 February 2014: Started processing the application
10 July 2014: Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
25 July 2014: Citizenship test and Interview (Passed with 20/20!)
6 August 2014: Notice to appear for Oath Ceremony
21 August 2014: Oath ceremony will take place (It happens to be my BIRTHDAY!)

The test and oath took place at 3085 Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga. The people are really nice, they tell you to relax. The test is easy, just read the book. There is no reason you should fail if you studied, unless you have difficulty with English/French. The interview goes through quick if all the dates on your residence calculator and passport stamps match up. Remember to take your landing document, PR card, 2 pieces of photo ID, Current passport and the passport you immigrated with (if applicable), invitation letter with you to the test! You may bring all other originals but they really don't care about that, as far as I saw with all the people there.

Be honest with the officer about your availability for the oath. If you cannot make it until after a certain date, inform them there and they will make sure that you will be scheduled soon after the date of your first availability. They are not going to purposely delay your application for no reason because they don't want to deal with backlogged files. They will not be angry or suspicious if you tell them about your dates of availability. Don't be nervous when talking to them, they are humans just like you are.

If you didn't pass the test, they were very nice about getting you the fastest date possible to come back to redo it. They will not delay your application. Lastly, good luck! You have made this journey to become Canadian! I plan on treasuring my citizenship for the rest of my life, not as some guaranteed form of permanent visa and healthcare tourism. Also, remember to VOTE! We have earned it! :D 8)

First of all, please accept my congrats !!!.
CIC, Mississauga locations processing the files pretty fast. My friend passed test in the middle of Mar' 2014 and had his Oath same week. Whereas candidates who passed their tests at St. Claire location in Feb'2014 including me are still waiting for Oath. Let's hope St.Claire guys put their acts together & ease our miseries ASAP. ;D

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi bravepeople I had a pretest RQ and my test was in St. Claire. my current status is the file was returned to RQ shelf in scarborough. I know for sure my clearances expired in July 2014.

thanks

bravepeople said:
Congratulations! Star200. This is a very good sign of progress because you were in Feb. test takers group,who have kind of stuck feeling, including myself. Wish you the best.

@ coolguy911; Can you let us know if your test center was St. Clair office?

@ raojee; Would you please share you timeline?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwv2JB05vdtdGQ1eWZHenJncjE5dnZHak1MRVkxd2c&usp=drive_web#gid=2

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I have a question, hope someone can answer,
I had test back in January 2014, and now it is above 6 months, if there will be a judge hearing ,
how much time it will be after the test ?

raojee

May 15, 2012
raojee said:
Just got ATIP my notes are updated in file and notes:

Created Date: 21/12/2012
Updated: 01/05/2014
Responsible Office: St. Claire
Priority: Medium
Retention Period: 6
Description: TT - oo90375

Notes

Created Date: 14/03/2013
Updated: 01/05/2014
Activity ID: 1-2FCORDJ
Type: Hearing

It is also mentioned in next activity that Record hearing Results not required.

appreciate of someone can shed light on it.
Test Date 13 February - No news since then

My timeline is as under:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 15, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 15, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 21, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Canadiandesi2006 said:

First of all, please accept my congrats !!!.
CIC, Mississauga locations processing the files pretty fast. My friend passed test in the middle of Mar' 2014 and had his Oath same week. Whereas candidates who passed their tests at St. Claire location in Feb'2014 including me are still waiting for Oath. Let's hope St.Claire guys put their acts together & ease our miseries ASAP. ;D
Did you have RQ?

raojee

May 15, 2012
I got Pre- Test RQ which was replied in September 2014, In December got Notice to appear and passed test on 13.02.2014.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Test taken and passed Feb 12th, no oath letter yet.
I don't think things will change anything to bigger magnitude from now and after oath.
so guys relax, let it take its own course of time. I guess we all have some status in living here
and from the place that we left. So why to worry!!!!

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys,I almost want to cry right now ,I just got my ATIP,it says client pass first test but res concerns/issues Not resolved at time of interview,file return to RQ queue.
Anyone knows what does that mean,is it means i need to see juge or they need more documents from me,I got pre-test rq and my test was on Feb 19 2014. Need help!!!!

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
cherrychen514 said:
Hi guys,I almost want to cry right now ,I just got my ATIP,it says client pass first test but res concerns/issues Not resolved at time of interview,file return to RQ queue.
Anyone knows what does that mean,is it means i need to see juge or they need more documents from me,I got pre-test rq and my test was on Feb 19 2014. Need help!!!!
You might need to submit more documents to support your case or see a judge in person. Just wait then.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halawala said:
Q: Can I order ATIP report more than one time?
Yes, you can order as many times as you want. After you receive it, wait for couple of weeks then reapply for next one.

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
You might need to submit more documents to support your case or see a judge in person. Just wait then.
I provide all documents I have to support my case when I get RQ,if they need more documents I don't know what else I can provide!!!