+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharanki said:
Test date. March 6. File was transferred back to Mississauga from St. Clair on April 10. No activity since then.

Does anyone know if the judge approves the file at the local office or St. Clair? I assumed it should have been done at St. Clair and then transfer back to local office to schedule oath. No idea what's the hold up.

Thanks.
Judge approves the cases in Local office like Scarborough and Mississauga. St. Clair seems to be just RQ processing and testing centre.

You can order ATIP report to know if the Judge has already approved/granted/decision made on your application.
Or if you call CIC and get a kind agent (v rare :'() he could see if your application went to a Judge or not.

coolguy911

Aug 8, 2014
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

raojee

May 15, 2012
Just got ATIP my notes are updated in file and notes:

Created Date: 21/12/2012
Updated: 01/05/2014
Responsible Office: St. Claire
Priority: Medium
Retention Period: 6
Description: TT - oo90375

Notes

Created Date: 14/03/2013
Activity ID: 1-2FCORDJ
Type: Hearing

It is also mentioned in next activity that Record hearing Results not required.

appreciate of someone can shed light on it.
Test Date 13 February - No news since then

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy911 said:
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations!

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raojee said:
Just got ATIP my notes are updated in file and notes:

Created Date: 21/12/2012
Responsible Office: St. Claire
Priority: Medium
Retention Period: 6
Description: TT - oo90375

Notes

Created Date: 14/03/2013
Activity ID: 1-2FCORDJ
Type: Hearing

It is also mentioned in next activity that Record hearing Results not required.

appreciate of someone can shed light on it.
Test Date 13 February - No news since then
Hearing not required is default for every body.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
@coolguy911; Congratulations! Was your test center St. Clair office?

@raojee : Would you please share you timeline? (Start processing; RQ sent-back and test date in St. Clair). We assume that everyone who is reading this forum, is interested to help others by sharing timeline. It is specially beneficial to have data for Feb. test takers, since it looks that the main blockage is for this interval. Thank you.

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hearing not required is not a standard thing for everyone. Mine was hearing not started in my previous atip and now now required in my latest atip. I assume it's a good sign for the hearing to be not required!!

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am located in downtown at church and bloor area will my file be transferred to st clair office or glen erin mississauga?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Nyork said:
Hearing not required is not a standard thing for everyone. Mine was hearing not started in my previous atip and now now required in my latest atip. I assume it's a good sign for the hearing to be not required!!
Can you paste the hearing required section from atip?
I'm surprised they are asking for a hearing even after officers can a decision.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks waiting game is on for me test!!! I have taken my test last feb 20th and so far nothing!!! How optimistic I should be as any told I must received something from cic before 6 months over which is another 10 days!! Kindly let me if this is true or a must?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
So Concerned said:
Folks waiting game is on for me test!!! I have taken my test last feb 20th and so far nothing!!! How optimistic I should be as any told I must received something from cic before 6 months over which is another 10 days!! Kindly let me if this is true or a must?
Completely understand, we all are in the same boat. To tell waiting is frustrating is just an understatement. Last week, I called the CIC the agent was polite but told, whoever had RQ (Non Regular) processing must wait for 36 months. Its terribly helpless situation for all.

Yet to be seen, if the Bill C-24 show any positive impact / expedite processing of old files or not, or may be only after the summer holidays.

janon

Aug 9, 2014
Hello all! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! I thought it'd be best if I shared my citizenship application timeline for the CIC Mississauga Office.

28 November 2013: Application for Citizenship (Adult Grant) was received and Study guide was mailed.
9 February 2014: Started processing the application
10 July 2014: Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
25 July 2014: Citizenship test and Interview (Passed with 20/20!)
6 August 2014: Notice to appear for Oath Ceremony
21 August 2014: Oath ceremony will take place (It happens to be my BIRTHDAY!)

The test and oath took place at 3085 Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga. The people are really nice, they tell you to relax. The test is easy, just read the book. There is no reason you should fail if you studied, unless you have difficulty with English/French. The interview goes through quick if all the dates on your residence calculator and passport stamps match up. Remember to take your landing document, PR card, 2 pieces of photo ID, Current passport and the passport you immigrated with (if applicable), invitation letter with you to the test! You may bring all other originals but they really don't care about that, as far as I saw with all the people there.

Be honest with the officer about your availability for the oath. If you cannot make it until after a certain date, inform them there and they will make sure that you will be scheduled soon after the date of your first availability. They are not going to purposely delay your application for no reason because they don't want to deal with backlogged files. They will not be angry or suspicious if you tell them about your dates of availability. Don't be nervous when talking to them, they are humans just like you are.

If you didn't pass the test, they were very nice about getting you the fastest date possible to come back to redo it. They will not delay your application. Lastly, good luck! You have made this journey to become Canadian! I plan on treasuring my citizenship for the rest of my life, not as some guaranteed form of permanent visa and healthcare tourism. Also, remember to VOTE! We have earned it! :D 8)

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janon said:
21 August 2014: Oath ceremony will take place (It happens to be my BIRTHDAY!)
Congratulations! Janon. You have got the best Birthday Gift ever :D Your timeline is super fast.
Hope our Oaths are going to come soon too. Do also share your Oath ceremony experience.

Cheers!
Moe

star200

Mar 28, 2014
Hello everybody,
Finally good news for me after almost 6 months after my test. I took my test on Feb18th, 2014. Today I checked my online status and I saw that I have been scheduled for oath ceremony on Sep 6th. I have not received the letter yet. Good luck everyone :)