+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
larine said:
Hi Guys,

I got the oath letter .. The ceremony will be on 8/19 (Scarborough).

I was waiting almost 6 months .. No worries you will get it very soon. don't lose the hope...

It was very funny when i decided to stop thinking about it, i received the letter :D

This forum is very very helpful and interesting, by reading the experience of other people, their opinions, discussion etc.. helped us to be more positive relaxed... gave us a good overview about how things are going ... I learned a lot of things through this forum and you guys..

Thank you

Cheers
Congratulation!!!so happy for you .

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larine said:
Hi Guys,

I got the oath letter .. The ceremony will be on 8/19 (Scarborough).

I was waiting almost 6 months .. No worries you will get it very soon. don't lose the hope...

It was very funny when i decided to stop thinking about it, i received the letter :D

This forum is very very helpful and interesting, by reading the experience of other people, their opinions, discussion etc.. helped us to be more positive relaxed... gave us a good overview about how things are going ... I learned a lot of things through this forum and you guys..

Thank you

Cheers

That's fantastic news Larine. Finally. Congratulations !!! Hope we all recieve ours soon God willing !

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Changes to Citizenship Act now in effect:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872699

Halawala

Mar 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could speed up the process.
The officer now could aprove the case which will
reduce the pressure on CJ.!!

Milon_d

Oct 30, 2009
Halawala said:
It could speed up the process.
The officer now could aprove the case which will
reduce the pressure on CJ.!!
Long run don't know, but for now nothing will happ.. CJ and Immi officers will take more off days and vacations..They made this changes because they should do something...

somayeh

Feb 20, 2010
Hi everyone,

A family member just got an oath letter. Citizenship test was done in St. Clair during first week of July. Oath is scheduled for August 19th in Mississauga. He had been RQed and it had been processed, so he was only waiting for oath at this point.

This forum has been very helpful to us. I hope you all hear good news soon too.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Halawala said:
Changes to Citizenship Act now in effect:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872699
Thanks for posting the URL. Indeed the proposal looks quite encouraging but remained to be seen how fast it would show improvement. Increasing the strength from current 30 No's of Citizenship Judges to 450 decision makers is strong reason to be cautiously optimistic, that things should now improve drastically if not immediately but in the coming months. For sure, we all had enough and now let's hope for the best ... ;D

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I wonder if the new model will speed up processing for older applications as well or if it only applies to new applications.

ALane

Aug 2, 2014
Hello. This is my first post in this forum but I followed it for a while and I thought it might be useful that I share my timelines with you.

Applied on 05/09/2012

RQ requested on 18/06/2013 (Office: Scarborough)

RQ replied on 24/07/2013 (subsequently, I sent them two more letters with some additional documents)

Citizenship Test: 07/02/2014 (at St Clair)

Awaiting Oath Ceremony since.

Requested ATIP on 08/07/2014

Awaiting reply....

But interestingly my wife and daughter:

Applied on 20/10/2012

RQ requested on 23/07/2013 (which they missed to reply in time because of a change in the address that they missed to notify to CIC prior to that)

RQ replied on 09/12/2013

Citizenship test: 05/05/2014 (at Scarborough)

Oath Ceremony: 04/06/2014

The officer that interviewed me said that it takes 2-3 months but she said it might also take longer (8-9 months) and she said that it was because what they were doing was something new.

Good Luck Everyone!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
I wonder if the new model will speed up processing for older applications as well or if it only applies to new applications.
Logically, everything old and new files should be positively impacted by the new rule. Obviously, the CIC would be striving to clear the backlog too. However, considering the mess the CIC is in right now, it could take some months to see the actual improvement.

Let's hope our long tortures would come to an end either way. At least the candidates get a chance to plan their next move.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Here is another chart posted to reflect the changes on processing time http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872799

I think the guys who applied in 2012/13 should hear back in the next few months.