+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys,I just received my second ATIP,it shows RCMP,FOSS ,CRIMINAL clearance are all pass but status of CSIS CLEARANCE and request security clearance are blank. Anyone know about that?

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
cherrychen514 can you please share the exact process to request atip. if someone has family of 3 applying does he have to request atip for all 3 individually or just atip for primary applicant is enough.

please share if there is any consequences in requesting atip. will cic deliberately slow down his file if he is asking atip

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
blueshirt said:
cherrychen514 can you please share the exact process to request atip. if someone has family of 3 applying does he have to request atip for all 3 individually or just atip for primary applicant is enough.

please share if there is any consequences in requesting atip. will cic deliberately slow down his file if he is asking atip
Hi blue shirt, you can apply atip on this website https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en it's very easy just follow the steps and I don't think applying ATIP would slow the case down .i think it's a best way to know the status of our case .

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
blueshirt said:

Just to add to other reader's response about the ATIP. Its the only way to figure out where are you in the process. There are two options for you to select for the ATIP. One is "Right for info" which is free of cost and the second one is $5 per report. Considering you have 3 family members you may opt for the first one, which is free. I dont think it will have any negative impact on your process in any way. On the contrary, you may consider applying for it again after another 3-4 weeks.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherrychen514 said:
Hi guys,I just received my second ATIP,it shows RCMP,FOSS ,CRIMINAL clearance are all pass but status of CSIS CLEARANCE and request security clearance are blank. Anyone know about that?
CSIS clearance always shows blank. They don't release this info... top secret.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Meeru and Marylulu. I think this week completes the 45 days from the last time the file was updated. Hopefully no more RQ. I hope they complete the clearances and send me the oath invite in the next 6 months. It might look greedy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D but I'm praying and trying to stay positive.......

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
BalajiR said:
thanks Meeru and Marylulu. I think this week completes the 45 days from the last time the file was updated. Hopefully no more RQ. I hope they complete the clearances and send me the oath invite in the next 6 months. It might look greedy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D but I'm praying and trying to stay positive.......
Hope you can get oath soon.

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nyork said:
What does it mean if the hearing section says not started and it hasn't been updated since 2012??
Nothing, it's a default place holder. If all goes well with your file, it will never get updated. The moment it shows a real date or a human entered note, that's when you can start worrying.

mrehan007

Jun 14, 2014
BalajiR said:
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?
We have an identical case. you are not alone. Let me know if you get an update. I had my test on 14th March

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Thank u Lorris! It's been 3 months and a half since my test, don't u think that if there is any concerns they should have sent correspondence already??

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nyork said:
Thank u Lorris! It's been 3 months and a half since my test, don't u think that if there is any concerns they should have sent correspondence already??
it is normal ..my test was on Feb and still waiting... I m on the waiting list

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nyork said:
NP.

3 months is nothing. Post-test RQ would have been probably sent by now if needed. Either way such wait is by no means unreasonable. Just keep calm and carry on with life in the meantime.