Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
The CIC call center agents DOES NOT work on sensitive immigration files, they are like front office desk / receptionist of any large office or bank. Agents have limited access to sensitive files, certain detailed authorized by the concerned officers to share with the candidates.

Probably, the call center agents are given standard / scripted answers for the different category of callers.

1) Candidate who newly passed the Citizenship test (Who may call many times) Dont call us before 6 months.
2) Candidates waiting over 6 months and years - Your file in queue, once your case is decided you will be notified - Dont call us.

That's for sure, call center agents got difficult job, between the desperate 1000's candidates and most lousy system.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
This afternoon, I called CIC, the agent told me your results updated on the file and he did not provide anything about the Oath letter or next steps. However, I dont see anything online status. Does it mean something or another small step in long journey.

Appreciate inputs from forum members who had this experience, informed their test result updated, what and when to expect something.

factotum

Jul 4, 2014
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around in this forum for quite sometime now, four months to be exact!
I passed my test and interview on March 5th and still waiting for the oath ceremony.
Does anyone know why is this taking so damn long? I'd been a full time student for four years and it's almost 6 years since I landed here.
I only traveled abroad two times in the past 6 years.
This is ridiculous and we should be able to follow up our files somehow and don't even get me started on the call center because it's just a waste of time.

factotum

Jul 4, 2014
So there's nothing we can do?!
The only thing about waiting is that it's summer for god's sake. I had plans and wanted to travel and now all I can do is to sit behind my PC and hope for the best.
BTW the lady who interviewed me after the test told me you're receiving your oath letter between 1 to 3 months!!! pfff

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many people received response from call center that CJ approved file, citizenship granted and waiting to be scheduled for oath ?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?

schmucz

Jul 4, 2014
daktrader said:
Please see my signature.
Darktrader -- figure out who your local MP is, book an appointment and go meet the representative in person. They should be able to help.

Old files with dust and spider webs do get cleaned up by them.

Its worth a try.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
I got ATip one week ago,and it was same ,my FOss clearance expiration is Feb 2015,FOss means that they need check your date which is how long you live in Canada when you apply.RCMP means is check your background .

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?
Sorry to say, unfortunately you have gone into the non-routine cases. But it should not take you 36 months to get your citizenship, just submit all your RQ information once you receive the letter within 45 days and hopefully you should be processed within 12 months at most.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
My atip on the wilting more docs shelf after they reviewd ICES report they also indicates to make positive desesion addional docs required request mail for more docs" I have never received anything from them since my test date I called to verify if they sent me anything and I missed the agent said she cannot see anything was requested but she will send them a reminder to resend if they want anything from me 3 weeks went by and nothing arrived by mail! What a funny mystery!!!