+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
QAI said:
Guys got the ATIP report,
I see Hearing is not required and record hearing results not required. I also noticed they renewed RCMP clearance but FOSS is still expired. Any one know how long it takes to get FOSS clearance/timelines?
Hi QAI

When did cic update your file? What is the latest date on your ATIP?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kay14 said:
Guys, thanks so much for all the information you put up here. They are so helpful.
Please I need some help me on how to complete the ATIP. Do I need to do 2 separate ones picking each options in the section " Please select the Act under which you are submitting the request". Option 1 is Access to Information Act and option 2 Privacy Act. Can I request for the two? What difference will it make? Thanks for helping out
Under ATIP request, there are two options, if you select the first option "Right for Info", its FREE of Cost but for the second one, you have to pay $5 fee. You can request them either by email or CD, As far I know both are same, still NOT sure.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Yes, That's the letter that I received
freebird3000 said:
Hi kenzhang,
Congratulations.

If you dont mind, could you tell us what letter cic sent you on June 11?
Was it the letter saying that your file is in queue to be assigned to citizenship officer?

I'm asking because I also received such letter 3 weeks ago.

I appreciate if you let us know about it.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
samjohns22 said:
In my ATIP , what dose this mean :

Type : Residence calculator

Basic residence : 1359
physical presence:1098

Retention : 6

I have done my teat/interview back in jan. 22, 2014. RQ sent march 15, 2003
This is basic information,maybe you need call them,ask them when you can take the oath,you have almost waiting for 6 month after you finish the text.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
samjohns22 said:
I called many times , answer always in process time is open till the completion of 36 months
Yes, its most frustrating for all.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
kenzhang said:
Yes, That's the letter that I received
I wonder if these are standard letters being sent out. kenzhang when did you write the test and have you ordered ATIP yet?

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
I received the same letter a few weeks ago. It was sent out on June 10. Still waiting for my oath letter......

freebird3000 said:
Hi kenzhang,
Congratulations.

If you dont mind, could you tell us what letter cic sent you on June 11?
Was it the letter saying that your file is in queue to be assigned to citizenship officer?

I'm asking because I also received such letter 3 weeks ago.

I appreciate if you let us know about it.

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Nyork said:
Almost 33 months of waiting!! Can't take it anymore
Hi Nyork ,

in 2012 , you posted: "I did my test November 13th, 2012 at St.Clair office. If anyone did the test around this time can you please update us if you received the results"

(*and then in December 2013 , you said you got a notice to take your test in March , 2014. )

why did you take test twice? did you do re-test in 2014 ?
and you been waiting 33 month . i know it is very frustrating .

did you withdraw your 1st application and re-applied again ? your posts were very confusing ,

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
samjohns22 said:
I called many times , answer always in process time is open till the completion of 36 months
Even, for some reasons this 36 month-waiting may extend up to unlimited time. Because, a few days back someone in this forum told s/he met a person in the oath ceremony came to take oath after 10 years of application. This 36 months is average of 80% cases. So, the new system might help many of us who have been here for the last 4 yrs. I suggest, wait 6 months, if don't get any oath invitation, withdraw the application and reapply. What do you think?

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Freebird 3000. You r right, it is confusing but my wife and I write under the same name. We have 2 different applications. The Nov application is done and mine is still pending. I did the test in mar 2014 and waiting for oath hopefully.