+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

kc5

Jun 27, 2014
Hi
I appeared for test at St. Clair on Mar 14, 2014.Nothing so far regarding oath letter.Called cic today, they told me my file has been transferred to ottawa office.Has anyone in this forum had their file transferred to Ottawa office.She told me my file is all clear and I should expect oath letter within 6 months of the test.Just worried why it got transferred to ottawa office when my local office is Mississauga!

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Kakaji said:
Nothing to worry about. Your immigration (FOSS) and RCMP clearance is valid till next year. Hope you get your citizenship before the expiry date or else it will have to be again requested (and cleared) by CIC. These clearances are normally valid till 1 year.
Thank for tell me.I hope I can got oath soon,I am already waiting for 2 years.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also wrote the test on February 24th. What time was it? Mine as at 1PM.

Tbb said:
Hi All,

I got my received my ATIP. I will note the things that stand out.

Note 1: Created 2013/12/05 :Residence concerns to be assessed at interview .(I had my interview and the judge was in the room)

2014/01/24 Schedule Test (My test was on the 24 feb)

2013/07/29 officials /Grantors decision: pending

Judges Decision : pending

case stage: assess
case status:eek:pen
priority: regular
Physical residence: 1248
Total Days absence : 94

The judge at my interview asked about 5 entries they claim I did not declare, It is possible they were one day trips to the us. I am not sure and It was hard to recall on the spot. From their own records I have met all requirements. The ATIP does not have the test results as uploaded. I can only speculate that there are questions about my file that cic itself cannot ans, since they or CBSA do not keep proper records of entries and exits. I can only hope they decide sooner than later

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Hi Kc5,
Your case is a bit different from most of us only because the file is being reviewed in Ottawa office. Otherwise, we are on the same boat.
So far, one thing is for sure, writing test does not mean having clearance from all queries related with citizenship grant.
Therefore, the status we had before test has not changed significantly.
Paying attention to other issues is much worthier than waiting for the day to receive oath letter.
Happy Canada Day everybody.

kc5 said:
Hi
I appeared for test at St. Clair on Mar 14, 2014.Nothing so far regarding oath letter.Called cic today, they told me my file has been transferred to ottawa office.Has anyone in this forum had their file transferred to Ottawa office.She told me my file is all clear and I should expect oath letter within 6 months of the test.Just worried why it got transferred to ottawa office when my local office is Mississauga!

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Hi Canadiandesi,
It's indeed a good idea. Who are well short of 1095 days may consider withdrawing application and reapply. It perhaps save time rather than waiting for unlimited days. I know one case who denied citizenship because of the same reason, but his wife, children granted citizenship. The core requirement is 1095 days physical presence. Only exceptions may apply to those posted in foreign bases. Writing test does not mean anything about eligibility issues, many of us including myself has misconceptions about this.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Friends,

Among candidates who passed their citizenship tests in Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr 2014 few are still waiting for their Oath letters.

Possibly delayed due to one or other reason. Knowing each file is different, one major factor is short of minimum 1095 physical days of presence in Canada. I'm short of 59 days to meet 1095 minimum required target, and suspect that's reason my Oath letter is delayed.

Does all the waiting candidates have minimum required 1095 days or short of few days. This information would help us to understand the possible reason for the delay. For some us, may be it worthwhile to withdraw applications and re-file than to wait indefinitely for the judge's hearing. Reading from various forums, hearing with judge takes over a year and they strictly going by the book, is it worth waiting. Not to scare anyone, but sharing my thoughts, may be I'm wrong. We all get the Oath letter soon. ;D ;D ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ca4ever2u said:
Hi Canadiandesi,
It's indeed a good idea. Who are well short of 1095 days may consider withdrawing application and reapply. It perhaps save time rather than waiting for unlimited days. I know one case who denied citizenship because of the same reason, but his wife, children granted citizenship. The core requirement is 1095 days physical presence. Only exceptions may apply to those posted in foreign bases. Writing test does not mean anything about eligibility issues, many of us including myself has misconceptions about this.
Logically its completely wrong process from any standard, do you allow someone to board a plane on the airport and then check their valid ticket and visas on the plane or before boarding the plane ?

The eligibility screening should be the first and not the last step. Ineligible applications should be screened immediately upon the receipt. Any application NOT meeting the basic requirement should be rejected or given the option for appeal process. That way, nobody's time & resources are wasted. Even the Tim Hortons would refuse you a cup of coffee if you dont pay them money upfront. ;D

Does it make any sense to drag the application for years, request RQ, allow candidates to appear for the Citizenship test, wait for ever and then ONLY the honorable Judge would break the bad news. Why ONLY the judge has to screen the eligibility and NOT someone at CIC. Judges should be involved ONLY when its complicated case and where some legal expertise is required.

It sheer wastage of time and resources for everyone involved, the entire CIC staff, judges and candidates, unless its an intention to keep candidates in false hopes and denying them chance for enjoying the benefit of citizenship on some pretext.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Logically its completely wrong process from any standard, do you allow someone to board a plane on the airport and then check their valid ticket and visas on the plane or before boarding the plane ?

The eligibility screening should be the first and not the last step. Ineligible applications should be screened immediately upon the receipt. Any application NOT meeting the basic requirement should be rejected or given the option for appeal process. That way, nobody's time & resources are wasted. Even the Tim Hortons would refuse you a cup of coffee if you dont pay them money upfront. ;D

Does it make any sense to drag the application for years, request RQ, allow candidates to appear for the Citizenship test, wait for ever and then ONLY the honorable Judge would break the bad news. Why ONLY the judge has to screen the eligibility and NOT someone at CIC. Judges should be involved ONLY when its complicated case and where some legal expertise is required.

It sheer wastage of time and resources for everyone involved, the entire CIC staff, judges and candidates, unless its an intention to keep candidates in false hopes and denying them chance for enjoying the benefit of citizenship on some pretext.
There are definitely more than one ways to improve the system and to minimize the waste of time, money and resources. One way may be raising the application fee and forfeiting the fee for not meeting basic requirements, such as residency, tax return, English skill and so on. This step can be completed within two months after receiving the application.
After waiting years after years, submitting all papers, documents, and taking written test, oral interview, and again waiting painful days/nights and months to know judge's final decision on not meeting the 1095 days just don't comply with the standard of human skill. I may be wrong but there should be someone who can explain the reason behind this ordeal.

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I know most of you my friends are tired of long wait as I do, today I prayed for all of you as well as my self to have the grant of citizenship soon . God blesses for good news this week.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
samjohns22 said:
I know most of you my friends are tired of long wait as I do, today I prayed for all of you as well as my self to have the grant of citizenship soon . God blesses for good news this week.
Thanks a lot for your prayers. Indeed its feeling of frustration and desperation considering the way CIC works. Hopefully God will answer prayers of we all and end this state of despair into pleasant ending ASAP.

hfry

Feb 21, 2014
seems I have been waiting for citizenship for ever, my Timeline is as foloows :

Application received Sept 2012
In process Feb 2013
Rq April 2013
Rq reply April 2013
Test 29 May 2014
Test result Uploaded
Oath?????

ontariomaple

Dec 19, 2012
Application Received June 2012
Application In process Nov 2012
RQ Received Jan 2013
Rq Replied Feb 2013
Test Date 20 Feb 2014
Oath Date ???

Test results were uploaded

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
ontariomaple said:
Application Received June 2012
Application In process Nov 2012
RQ Received Jan 2013
Rq Replied Feb 2013
Test Date 20 Feb 2014
Oath Date ???

Test results were uploaded
Do you apply Atip?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
hfry said:
seems I have been waiting for citizenship for ever, my Timeline is as foloows :

Application received Sept 2012
In process Feb 2013
Rq April 2013
Rq reply April 2013
Test 29 May 2014
Test result Uploaded
Oath?????
As you can notice from other readers experiences, getting oath letter is just a speculation and nobody can tell that. Candidates who passed the tests in Jan 2014 & still waiting. Yet there are candidates who got it in 6 - 7 weeks. However, it has been noticed that if you meet the minimum requirement such as 1095 days of physical presence in Canada the chances are you get it faster.

hfry

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks Canadiandesi2006, I realise there are many who did the test in Feb and still waiting for the oath.