+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
Halawala said:
Minister Alexander announces citizenship judge appointments in Toronto
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=862439
This is very interesting. Let's hope they'll start hosting ceremonies at St.Clair.
I noticed there aren't many ceremonies scheduled for Scar & Miss on July.

grag2

Mar 20, 2014
So, you had your oath in Oshawa? I thought CIC Oshawa office was closed? Anyway, just checking.

Kakaji said:
Citizenship Comrades !

My citizenship journey is over. Yesterday I took the oath and became a Citizen at Oshawa. I will hang around in this forum from time to time. Thanks for all the comments, this forum was great

My expanded timeline for the citizenship application is as follows:

First Application submitted: 07/2009
RQ: 02/2010
Test: 05/2010
Citizenship Judge interview: 09/2010, DECLINED due to lack of physical residence, I applied with 975 days !

Second Application submitted:(applied with 1145 days)

Application sent : 23/1/2012

Started processing: 26/10/2012, Scarborough

RQ received: 20/11/2012

RQ submitted: 15/12/2012

Notice to prepare for test: 23/12/2013

Test completed/Passed: 24 Feb 2014, St Clair

Oath: 24 June , 2014 , 9.30 am

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
grag2 said:
So, you had your oath in Oshawa? I thought CIC Oshawa office was closed? Anyway, just checking.
Yes, I had the oath in Oshawa (in Public Library hall and Robert McLaughlin Gallery). May be they still conduct a few ceremonies there every year.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Hi All,

I received my ATIP request today and it has a paragraph which says:

Foss clearance Expiry:date 2015/02

Rcmp clearance Expiry:date 2015/08/05

What does it mean? I am already pass the text.

Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Dear Friends,

Among candidates who passed their citizenship tests in Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr 2014 few are still waiting for their Oath letters.

Possibly delayed due to one or other reason. Knowing each file is different, one major factor is short of minimum 1095 physical days of presence in Canada. I'm short of 59 days to meet 1095 minimum required target, and suspect that's reason my Oath letter is delayed.

Does all the waiting candidates have minimum required 1095 days or short of few days. This information would help us to understand the possible reason for the delay. For some us, may be it worthwhile to withdraw applications and re-file than to wait indefinitely for the judge's hearing. Reading from various forums, hearing with judge takes over a year and they strictly going by the book, is it worth waiting. Not to scare anyone, but sharing my thoughts, may be I'm wrong. We all get the Oath letter soon. ;D ;D ;D

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy1829 said:
No ceremony scheduled after July 1 does not concern anyone? ???
jimmy1829, ceremonies are in fact scheduled. But CIC web site is not yet showing the dates after Jun 24. My oath ceremony is scheduled for July 7.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
JTM said:
jimmy1829, ceremonies are in fact scheduled. But CIC web site is not yet showing the dates after Jun 24. My oath ceremony is scheduled for July 7.
Sorry I only mean St. Clair office.

What is your local office?

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
JTM said:
I see your office is Scarborough. check CIC site and you can see only St Clair does not have any ceremony scheduled after July 1.

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
Hi All,

I got my received my ATIP. I will note the things that stand out.

Note 1: Created 2013/12/05 :Residence concerns to be assessed at interview .(I had my interview and the judge was in the room)

2014/01/24 Schedule Test (My test was on the 24 feb)

2013/07/29 officials /Grantors decision: pending

Judges Decision : pending

case stage: assess
case status:eek:pen
priority: regular
Physical residence: 1248
Total Days absence : 94

The judge at my interview asked about 5 entries they claim I did not declare, It is possible they were one day trips to the us. I am not sure and It was hard to recall on the spot. From their own records I have met all requirements. The ATIP does not have the test results as uploaded. I can only speculate that there are questions about my file that cic itself cannot ans, since they or CBSA do not keep proper records of entries and exits. I can only hope they decide sooner than later

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
jimmy1829 said:
I see your office is Scarborough. check CIC site and you can see only St Clair does not have any ceremony scheduled after July 1.
Hi Jimmy : St.Claire Office does not conduct any Oath ceremonies. Candidates from St.Claire Office attend their Oath ceremonies at CIC Offices, Scarborough Only. On their site there are 7 more ceremonies scheduled between next week till the end of July 2014.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Hi Jimmy : St.Claire Office does not conduct any Oath ceremonies. Candidates from St.Claire Office attend their Oath ceremonies at CIC Offices, Scarborough Only. On their site there are 7 more ceremonies scheduled between next week till the end of July 2014.
Sorry guys for the confusion. I mean Ceremony held in Toronto which I assume the local office should be St Clair isn't it?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Tbb said:
Hi All,

I got my received my ATIP. I will note the things that stand out.

Note 1: Created 2013/12/05 :Residence concerns to be assessed at interview .(I had my interview and the judge was in the room)

2014/01/24 Schedule Test (My test was on the 24 feb)

2013/07/29 officials /Grantors decision: pending

Judges Decision : pending

case stage: assess
case status:eek:pen
priority: regular
Physical residence: 1248
Total Days absence : 94

The judge at my interview asked about 5 entries they claim I did not declare, It is possible they were one day trips to the us. I am not sure and It was hard to recall on the spot. From their own records I have met all requirements. The ATIP does not have the test results as uploaded. I can only speculate that there are questions about my file that cic itself cannot ans, since they or CBSA do not keep proper records of entries and exits. I can only hope they decide sooner than later
Thanks for sharing the details. It never occurred to me that CIC calculate 3 years backward from the date of your application to arrive at 1095 minimum days. Had I known that the correct way of calculation I would have waited for couple of more months before I apply.

Shockingly my attorney did not even explain the correct way to calculate. I trusted their professionalism and thought they know their job. They just asked me the date I landed as an immigrant and calculated the date of submission to arrive the 1095 days, which now I realized is wrong. I strongly suspect that 59 days short the reason for delay. I read in earlier years 59 days was not a big deal at all.

I understand due to the recent changes immigration rules, the judges would go strictly by rules. I need to consider if its worth waiting for over a year for judge's hearing & get rejected. Or without wasting further time, withdraw my current application and re-apply before new rule of 4 years is implemented.

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
Marylulu said:
Hi All,

I received my ATIP request today and it has a paragraph which says:

Foss clearance Expiry:date 2015/02

Rcmp clearance Expiry:date 2015/08/05

What does it mean? I am already pass the text.

Thanks

Nothing to worry about. Your immigration (FOSS) and RCMP clearance is valid till next year. Hope you get your citizenship before the expiry date or else it will have to be again requested (and cleared) by CIC. These clearances are normally valid till 1 year.