+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even perfect response to RQs means delay. CIC's official processing time also makes this clear: 24 months for regular applications vs 36 months for RQs.

My family members were not RQ'd and their processing time was faster. Unfortunately I have received an RQ due to my travels.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, some of you know me from the other forum, but if you guys feel impatient or lost in the dark.. Let me tell you about my journey.. I really am not trying to sound like a bad apple, but would appreciate a few good wishes towards me...look below..and you'll see my timeline..

APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014

I wait patiently as I believe in this system, and I know all of you applicants will get your oath, and if not, you will have your chance to prove so. Thanks for reading! :)

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Ok, so we just returned from my wife's citizenship ceremony from Scarborough, which was held at 8:30 AM. It was a nicely organized event, this time the judge was a lady (in my case it was a gentleman), she delivered a good, deep speech.

My wife actually sat next to someone who got his citizenship after 10 years from the date of application... so you guys should not curse your luck really !

Once again, I cannot emphasize more on not to worry on this, life is too important to get stuck on a thing like citizenship, yes it is important but more important is to enjoy your life. If you can wait 4 years to apply, whats stopping you to wait for another year or two? After all they need to weed out the people who want to cheat the system which is quite legit.

Another advise from me would be, don't call CIC Call Center, its a pure waste of time and will increase your frustration level couple of notches if not more. They are script readers and very very few of them will actually go deep into your file to find any meaningful information.

Lastly, I wish all the best to this forum, its moderators and those who are still waiting for the Oath, remember, if you know you did not cheat the system and have provided supporting documents, you surely will get the Oath theres no doubt about it.

Adios from Dossip!
All the best !

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Meeru, do you have any issues , when you send your application did you have supporting documents.
did you call CIC, did you ask for your ATIP to now the status and comments in your application ????

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
dossip said:
Hi All,
Ok, so we just returned from my wife's citizenship ceremony from Scarborough, which was held at 8:30 AM. It was a nicely organized event, this time the judge was a lady (in my case it was a gentleman), she delivered a good, deep speech.

My wife actually sat next to someone who got his citizenship after 10 years from the date of application... so you guys should not curse your luck really !

Once again, I cannot emphasize more on not to worry on this, life is too important to get stuck on a thing like citizenship, yes it is important but more important is to enjoy your life. If you can wait 4 years to apply, whats stopping you to wait for another year or two? After all they need to weed out the people who want to cheat the system which is quite legit.

Another advise from me would be, don't call CIC Call Center, its a pure waste of time and will increase your frustration level couple of notches if not more. They are script readers and very very few of them will actually go deep into your file to find any meaningful information.

Lastly, I wish all the best to this forum, its moderators and those who are still waiting for the Oath, remember, if you know you did not cheat the system and have provided supporting documents, you surely will get the Oath theres no doubt about it.

Adios from Dossip!
All the best !
Well said Dossip. Primarily, we came to this country for good life, not for citizenship; citizenship comes eventually, when it is ready. Also, call center don't or cant provide us more information than what we see online. Finally, cherish honesty and enjoy peaceful life in this wonderful country.
By the way, congratulation to your wife's brand new status.
All the best.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
dossip said:
Hi All,

Adios from Dossip!
All the best !
Congrats dossip, glad you made it through.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi meeru.

you waited too long ? any specific reason for such delays ??

almost 54 month...
My main reason for the backlog was, I had sent in my initial documents and got the test, but before writing the test, the officer was worried with my extensive travelling(although completing 1095 days + 30).. They thought I may have had an oversight, hence when I completed my test, I passed; but they wanted me to submit the RQ docs which I did in 2.5 months.. Since then, my case was put alongside others "Post-test RQ".. I mean the avg turnaround time for pre-test RQ's have been processed faster.
I just feel like I fell into their backlog, and despite what people may disagree with me on this.. CIC is much more organized now because of the cutbacks in immigration into Ontario, stream-lining RQ processing time,etc.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
Meeru, do you have any issues , when you send your application did you have supporting documents.
did you call CIC, did you ask for your ATIP to now the status and comments in your application ????
I may have explained this by quoting another user just a couple of mins ago.. But I called CIC for my 1st request to St.CLair..waited 3 months..called again...and then waited 3 months again...Which then makes them obliged to give me a response.. So if they have woken up now and seen my app...now they are asking me for fingerprinting maybe because now they need to process it!

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Meerr, I can't say anything , but pray for you to get your oath soon, it is nothing but bad luck. as long as you met the requirements you disserve the citizenship. 2.5 months reply after RQ could be the only reason. prayer will solve your problem.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
Meerr, I can't say anything , but pray for you to get your oath soon, it is nothing but bad luck. as long as you met the requirements you disserve the citizenship. 2.5 months reply after RQ could be the only reason. prayer will solve your problem.
Thank you for the kind words, but what was I supposed to do? Getting the US entry/exit records took 2 months in itself! lol

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi for those of you who have attended the oath ceremony, what are the most important documents that they need from you? For example it says on the letter that we have to provide them with all the supporting documents and etc. i know i have to take my pr card, my proof of landing and a photo ID, anything else?

And for sure, the letter of invitation.

star200

Mar 28, 2014
Anyone received oath letter in the last two days, why they stopped sending letters? They also didn't update the oath ceremonies on their website?!!!!

Kdta

Apr 14, 2014
Received my ATIP, lots of pages, do not understand any thing.. Please help what to look where ... Thanks

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Hello there,

I did my test on February 18, 2014 and still waiting......... 4 months now, which is fine. RQ was in July 2013.

Question: If I travel now for a month (someone will be checking my mail), will my absences affect me negatively affect me?