+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
RQ2012 said:
Hi RoyMarch03:
I took my test on March 17 at St. Clair. I had pre-test RQ.
I am told that my citizenship application was approved last week, and now the file is at Scarborough, on wait list for scheduling oath.
When in March did you take the test?
By the way, how long did it take from the time they uploaded the results to making the decision?

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
My test/ interview was on March 17. Apparently, the officer had thoroughly studied my RQ response.
Don't know the date when my test results were uploaded.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoyMarch03, about 50% of the March test takers in this forum have not yet received their oath date. Also there seems to be no sequence. Some people who took their test in late March received their oath date pretty early. But many Feb test takers (about 50%) have not received oath letter so far.

As for me, I took the test on Mar 19 and waiting for the oath letter. CIC told me that my test result has been uploaded, but no decision has been taken yet.

james0007

Mar 22, 2014
Don't worry guys i took my test on March 18th and CIC call rep told me the same thing over the phone. My result has been updated and file is in queue to review my RQ. Today CIC rep said to me that you should get your oath in six months from the day i had my exam. I request her to check any other updates on my file. She said none. Lets hope for better.

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
james0007 said:
Don't worry guys i took my test on March 18th and CIC call rep told me the same thing over the phone. My result has been updated and file is in queue to review my RQ. Today CIC rep said to me that you should get your oath in six months from the day i had my exam. I request her to check any other updates on my file. She said none. Lets hope for better.
I just want to share my experience calling CIC, I called only twice, first time I got some useful info such as my test result was uploaded ... , second time the rep told me we didn't send you any letter, I cant see any update, but one week after I got my oath invitation that shows one day before the day I called CIC for second time, they sent me this letter, and the rep insists that I have no letter.

star200

Mar 28, 2014
I really don't know how their system is working, they told me my test results updated and my file is in Scarborough 3 weeks ago, but they are still reviewing my RQ??!!! I am really tired of this long long wait:(

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
RQ2012 please share your experience on post test chit chat with officer. you said you submitted pre test RQ. was the officer happy with your file

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
springtime said:
I just want to share my experience calling CIC, I called only twice, first time I got some useful info such as my test result was uploaded ... , second time the rep told me we didn't send you any letter, I cant see any update, but one week after I got my oath invitation that shows one day before the day I called CIC for second time, they sent me this letter, and the rep insists that I have no letter.
Undoubtedly its nerve breaking experience dealing with CIC's inordinate delays, lack of any updates, haphazard working style.

Pretty sure everyone on this forum is bogged down, at wits ends and frustrated with Citizenship process. Even the most simple thing takes weeks and months to progress. The ONLY consolation is that we all are in the same boat, look to each other and endure this pain.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Blueshirt,
The interview with the officer was quite pleasent. She was very polite, and told me that she was satisfied with my response to the RQ.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
RQ2012 , thanks for your reply. so after submitting RQ do the office call and ask questions over phone? how the response went was there back and forth communication for additional documentation. can I say after submitting RQ u just got test date and met the officer after test.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
blueshirt said:
RQ2012 , thanks for your reply. so after submitting RQ do the office call and ask questions over phone? how the response went was there back and forth communication for additional documentation. can I say after submitting RQ u just got test date and met the officer after test.
Ensure you provide complete details for the RQ. Any incomplete information would delay it by months. If is complete they would not call or send confirmation. Only if its incomplete or details are missing they may ask but then it could take well over 6 - 8 months. So, you can imagine it will delay your file processing.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
so can we say sometime RQ person benefit than none RQ person. Its like dissecting a frog and seeing everything inside it. So RQ are fast if submitted complete and everything