+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
waitingsucks said:
Thanks guys :) @ spring yes I think so. The reason is there will be a media coverage for the event coz they are celebrati ng Canada day. I watched a video of Canada day citizenship oath ceremony. It appears to be a BIG event as some politicians ( of different cultures) will be attending the event aswell..I will try to port that link here..
Thank you so much for the quick answer waitingsucks :)
interesting , How did they ask you to confirm ? I mean you have to call them, or just sign that paper and bring it at your ceremony?
thanks and congrats again :D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
waitingsucks said:
Thanks guys :) @ spring yes I think so. They are also asking us to sign a media consent because there will be a media coverage for the event coz they are celebrati ng Canada day. I watched a video of Canada day citizenship oath ceremony. It appears to be a BIG event as some politicians ( of different cultures) will be attending the event aswell..I will try to port that link here..
Hearty Congrats to all who got the Oath letters !!! ;D ;D ;D

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
kenzhang said:
I called CIC agent today. I write the exam on Apr 17. She told me that she can see that I passed the exam. However the case is still in st clair. Does it mean that I can get my oath date anytime soon?

Applied Dec 12 2012
In progress Feb 27 2013
RQ Oct 2013
RQ respond Nov 12 2013

Exam Apr 17
Oath date: waiting
Yes, it is possible that anytime, sooner or letter, you may get the oath letter, but a case in St Clair means simple, it is not yet ready for the next step, oath, which is usually decided by a local office, say Mississauga or Scarborough.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks CA4ver2u and Bech, appreciate your thoughts. I had used the attorney's services to avoid any pitfalls but seems he was more concerned about his damn fee without caring about eligibility. Had the attorney told me about this I could have waited for 2 months, it was not a big deal then. Now I can see I'm short of 59 days for the eligibility.

I passed the test with 20/20 . During the interview the officer was nice and told me it would take 4 months either for Oath or hearing with the Judge but did not say anything about 59 days short to meet the eligibility.

Dont know when I would get either Oath letter or hearing with judge. Besides one month last year on official business, I did not go out of country since I applied. Considering my nature of job requires traveling, pray that Judge be considerate and approve my case.

Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Desi
Hope for the best. Though critical, it is not unlikely that your case will not be seen negatively. Try to back up your thoughts why you applied with so many days in short. It may be due to the suggestion of the consultant, or your unawareness or something else. But be positive and state what is believable. On the exam day, the officer also told me a judge's approval is needed to approve my case, even though I accumulated 1107 days prior to the day I signed the file. Usually a two month buffer period is ideal before applying for citizenship, as I have heard from some experienced sources.
By the way, I wrote the test on 28 Mar and as of today, have not heard of anything from CIC.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Kakaji said:
Ok Canadiandesi....your situation is quite tricky. Sorry for being direct... it is not going to be a good news... you will certainly meet judge if you are short of days... sad part is even if judge gives you favorable decision, it is likely that CIC will appeal against it in federal court!!!..... (please check some of the decisions in the court webpage http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/d/s/index.do?col=54). Just type in 1095 days in search text and read some cases...

My first application was rejected for the same reason in 2009-10 ( I had fewer days than 1095 ... may be 975 days of physical presence since last four years of my application date, I thought i had a good reason for absent days- i was away in a foreign country collecting data for research conduced in Canadian University)... I gave the test and passed, met the CIC judge who flatly denied citizenship..... I didn't appeal and preferred to apply again. It seems that only exception for less than 1095 days is if you are sent away from the country by federal govt/or any other important agencies (like defense, foreign affairs etc... this is just a hearsay, i am not sure)

I applied again after safely completing 1095 days (with lot of buffer days) in Jan 2012. I got the oath date for next week.

So, Please be prepared for some not so good news.....I hope you get lucky....
kakaji does have a point,

Check this one out http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/61790/index.do?r=AAAAAQAJMTA5NSBkYXlzAAAAAAE
and interview with CJ can be tricky even if you meet the residency requirements, it seems like they want to drill down in your past life and find out what were your activities and what you did while you were here. Like this case above had 1178 days of physical presence but could not prove the judge of his residence! maybe if you can come up with an opposite logic, what were your activities in Canada, can you prove you have very strong ties to Canada? if you can prove to the judge your contribution to Canada if a hearing is required then maybe according to above case you might have a chance.

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
QAI said:

Check this one out http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/61790/index.do?r=AAAAAQAJMTA5NSBkYXlzAAAAAAE
and interview with CJ can be tricky even if you meet the residency requirements, it seems like they want to drill down in your past life and find out what were your activities and what you did while you were here. Like this case above had 1178 days of physical presence but could not prove the judge of his residence! maybe if you can come up with an opposite logic, what were your activities in Canada, can you prove you have very strong ties to Canada? if you can prove to the judge your contribution to Canada if a hearing is required then maybe according to above case you might have a chance.

Yes, the judgments are quite varied...The issue of physical presence (i.e. 1095 days) and attachment to Canada (i.e. do you have centralized mode of life in Canada or you merely visit Canada ? - this factor is important) is not quite settled in courts for citizenship purpose. It is very much open to interpretation depending upon individual case... even the several judgments state that...

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Kakaji said:
Yes, the judgments are quite varied...The issue of physical presence (i.e. 1095 days) and attachment to Canada (i.e. do you have centralized mode of life in Canada or you merely visit Canada ? - this factor is important) is not quite settled in courts for citizenship purpose. It is very much open to interpretation depending upon individual case... even the several judgments state that...
Yes, physical presence does not always prove if the life is centralize in this country, which comes ahead of any other considerations when a judge's hearing is needed for a decision on a file. Nevertheless, the reason of giving citizenship test still makes me think that the case is clear specially the RQed ones. Though I agree noting goes on any hard and first rules. That is why, c24 bill, or the new citizenship rules are introduced which will help making faster decision by a citizenship official, even by a software program.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ca4ever2u said:
Desi
Hope for the best. Though critical, it is not unlikely that your case will not be seen negatively. Try to back up your thoughts why you applied with so many days in short. It may be due to the suggestion of the consultant, or your unawareness or something else. But be positive and state what is believable. On the exam day, the officer also told me a judge's approval is needed to approve my case, even though I accumulated 1107 days prior to the day I signed the file. Usually a two month buffer period is ideal before applying for citizenship, as I have heard from some experienced sources.
By the way, I wrote the test on 28 Mar and as of today, have not heard of anything from CIC.
Appreciate your reply. I thought using professional services would be better. I used Sol Gombinsky Immigration services as they would take care of every thing. They NEVER interpreted that 1095 days rule meant to be backward from the day you applied. They calculated my eligibility from the day I landed to the day I'm applying and told I have sufficient days. Since they are professional, I had no reason to doubt their expertise.

Had I known this, I would have surely waited for few more months.

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
Are there any St.Clair March test takers here?
I'll be grateful from some info: test results uploaded, decision or oath letters.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hi RoyMarch03:
I took my test on March 17 at St. Clair. I had pre-test RQ.
I am told that my citizenship application was approved last week, and now the file is at Scarborough, on wait list for scheduling oath.
When in March did you take the test?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:

Myself with family lived in the same rental apartment from the day we landed in Canada in Aug 2006. Well, during this short absence I was working in the USA while my family and kids were in Canada. Hope the judge would consider all these aspects to decide in my favor. If NOT, I have no option than to start everything afresh.

janoo

May 16, 2014
my file is not moving , applied January 2012, in process May 2013,
RQ March 2013, replied RQ April 2013. have contacted CIC centre,
secure ATIP report file still in process ?? from call centre same answer
processing time 36 month.. have seen so many RQ cases are resolve
much before 36 month ??

Any experience person can reply...

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hi Janoo,
Since I am told that my application is approved and should expect letter for oath in next 1-2 months, it would be 30-31 months since the time I applied.

RoyMarch03

May 12, 2014
RQ2012 said:
Hi RoyMarch03:
I took my test on March 17 at St. Clair. I had pre-test RQ.
I am told that my citizenship application was approved last week, and now the file is at Scarborough, on wait list for scheduling oath.
When in March did you take the test?
Thanks for you reply RQ2012
I took the test on March 3rd. Just recently test results were uploaded, but no decision yet.
We are on a similar boat, I am also waiting for more than 2.5 years now.