+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi bech

congratulation to you and your brother, enjoy your citizenship ,

my time line is similar to your , just prey for me as well.

applied Jan. 2012.

in process May 2012.

RQ March 2013.

RQ replied April 2013.

since nothing, got atip report file still under review at st.clair office...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ca4ever2u said:
Congratulation! Looks time required after the test is less than many other in this forum. Still a few Jan test takers, and many more of Mar test takers are waiting. Wish you the best, Sisi.
Thanks CA4ver2u and Bech, appreciate your thoughts. I had used the attorney's services to avoid any pitfalls but seems he was more concerned about his damn fee without caring about eligibility. Had the attorney told me about this I could have waited for 2 months, it was not a big deal then. Now I can see I'm short of 59 days for the eligibility.

I passed the test with 20/20 . During the interview the officer was nice and told me it would take 4 months either for Oath or hearing with the Judge but did not say anything about 59 days short to meet the eligibility.

Dont know when I would get either Oath letter or hearing with judge. Besides one month last year on official business, I did not go out of country since I applied. Considering my nature of job requires traveling, pray that Judge be considerate and approve my case.

Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Thanks CA4ver2u and Bech, appreciate your thoughts. I had used the attorney's services to avoid any pitfalls but seems he was more concerned about his damn fee without caring about eligibility. Had the attorney told me about this I could have waited for 2 months, it was not a big deal then. Now I can see I'm short of 59 days for the eligibility.

I passed the test with 20/20 . During the interview the officer was nice and told me it would take 4 months either for Oath or hearing with the Judge but did not say anything about 59 days short to meet the eligibility.

Dont know when I would get either Oath letter or hearing with judge. Besides one month last year on official business, I did not go out of country since I applied. Considering my nature of job requires traveling, pray that Judge be considerate and approve my case.

Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ok Canadiandesi....your situation is quite tricky. Sorry for being direct... it is not going to be a good news... you will certainly meet judge if you are short of days... sad part is even if judge gives you favorable decision, it is likely that CIC will appeal against it in federal court!!!..... (please check some of the decisions in the court webpage http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/d/s/index.do?col=54). Just type in 1095 days in search text and read some cases...

My first application was rejected for the same reason in 2009-10 ( I had fewer days than 1095 ... may be 975 days of physical presence since last four years of my application date, I thought i had a good reason for absent days- i was away in a foreign country collecting data for research conduced in Canadian University)... I gave the test and passed, met the CIC judge who flatly denied citizenship..... I didn't appeal and preferred to apply again. It seems that only exception for less than 1095 days is if you are sent away from the country by federal govt/or any other important agencies (like defense, foreign affairs etc... this is just a hearsay, i am not sure)

I applied again after safely completing 1095 days (with lot of buffer days) in Jan 2012. I got the oath date for next week.

So, Please be prepared for some not so good news.....I hope you get lucky....

SoonCanadian

Jun 17, 2014
Hi Sisi2014,

Congratulations. I also received the pink letter with oath date July 1st and in the white paper they are asking to confirm attendance at ceremony. This is the first time i read about confirmation. Are the asking you the same thing?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kakaji,
I notice you said you applied in Jan 2012 and you got the oath the next week...
Thats pretty soon...

Kakaji said:
Ok Canadiandesi....your situation is quite tricky. Sorry for being direct... it is not going to be a good news... you will certainly meet judge if you are short of days... sad part is even if judge gives you favorable decision, it is likely that CIC will appeal against it in federal court!!!..... (please check some of the decisions in the court webpage http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/d/s/index.do?col=54). Just type in 1095 days in search text and read some cases...

My first application was rejected for the same reason in 2009-10 ( I had fewer days than 1095 ... may be 975 days of physical presence since last four years of my application date, I thought i had a good reason for absent days- i was away in a foreign country collecting data for research conduced in Canadian University)... I gave the test and passed, met the CIC judge who flatly denied citizenship..... I didn't appeal and preferred to apply again. It seems that only exception for less than 1095 days is if you are sent away from the country by federal govt/or any other important agencies (like defense, foreign affairs etc... this is just a hearsay, i am not sure)

I applied again after safely completing 1095 days (with lot of buffer days) in Jan 2012. I got the oath date for next week.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I called CIC agent today. I write the exam on Apr 17. She told me that she can see that I passed the exam. However the case is still in st clair. Does it mean that I can get my oath date anytime soon?

Applied Dec 12 2012
In progress Feb 27 2013
RQ Oct 2013
RQ respond Nov 12 2013

Exam Apr 17
Oath date: waiting

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
daktrader said:
Hi Kakaji,
I notice you said you applied in Jan 2012 and you got the oath the next week...
Thats pretty soon...

Sorry... I should have been clear in my writing... I applied in Jan 2012 AND have the oath next week June 24, 2014 (~ 29 Months)

bech

Jun 12, 2014
janoo said:
Hi bech

congratulation to you and your brother, enjoy your citizenship ,

my time line is similar to your , just prey for me as well.

applied Jan. 2012.

in process May 2012.

RQ March 2013.

RQ replied April 2013.

since nothing, got atip report file still under review at st.clair office...
Hopefully you'll get it soon,honestly thats not fair some people from 2013 got their citizenship earlier than us!!!

bech

Jun 12, 2014
kenzhang said:
I called CIC agent today. I write the exam on Apr 17. She told me that she can see that I passed the exam. However the case is still in st clair. Does it mean that I can get my oath date anytime soon?

Applied Dec 12 2012
In progress Feb 27 2013
RQ Oct 2013
RQ respond Nov 12 2013

Exam Apr 17
where is your local office?? my local office is scarborough and i just got my oath letter!! I did my test on march 27,i was waiting 3 months for that

latino33

Jun 4, 2014
kenzhang said:

Applied Dec 12 2012
In progress Feb 27 2013
RQ Oct 2013
RQ respond Nov 12 2013

Exam Apr 17
I did the test on April 08, and nothing yet for me.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Kakaji said:

Thanks Kakaji, I have sent you a private message, please have a look at it.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sooncanadian , I also received the same red letters (invitations).They are asking us to confirm whether we will be attending the ceremony or not. Also, the letter has a media consent where we are supposed to give permission ( signature) to them incase if our pictures/videos will be taken and presenting on media. The letter also states that all new Canadian who will attend this special ceremony will get a gift i.e free pass for 1 year to attend ALL cultural events..WOWWW :d . We are also required to get ourselves registered early in the morning ( around 8 am ) . This ceremony will last for 3 and half hours.

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
waitingsucks said:
@ sooncanadian , I also received the same red letters (invitations).They are asking us to confirm whether we will be attending the ceremony or not. Also, the letter has a media consent where we are supposed to give permission ( signature) to them incase if our pictures/videos will be taken and presenting on media. The letter also states that all new Canadian who will attend this special ceremony will get a gift i.e free pass for 1 year to attend ALL cultural events..WOWWW :d . We are also required to get ourselves registered early in the morning ( around 8 am ) . This ceremony will last for 3 and half hours.
Congrats!
I received my letter for 25th of June, but they didn't ask for confirmation, Is that only for people who are attending the ceremony on first of July?

thanks in advance!

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys :) @ spring yes I think so. They are also asking us to sign a media consent because there will be a media coverage for the event coz they are celebrati ng Canada day. I watched a video of Canada day citizenship oath ceremony. It appears to be a BIG event as some politicians ( of different cultures) will be attending the event aswell..I will try to port that link here..