+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Freebird3000,
I have felt the same way many times I called the call center. But, in our own interest, we should not take it to heart.
When I called up earlier this week, the agent was very nice and she told me that a positive decision (to grant the citizenship) was already made. And, as mentioned earlier, she even told me the date when that decision was made.
Today, the call center agent told me that she can only see that I am on the wait list for being invited for the oath ceremony, but she can't see the judge's decision.
So it depends on our luck - some times we get helpful agents, but a lot of times they are indifferent to what we feel after an unreasonably long application process. The good thing is, now we can see light at the end of the very long tunnel.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats true ! Atleast we were told that we don't rquire judge hearing and we have been granted citizenship already. I don't know why but I have a very strong feeling that we all will be called for the oath ceremony on Canada's day. I mean it's just a gut feeling... ::)

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
RQ2012 said:
Freebird3000,
I have felt the same way many times I called the call center. But, in our own interest, we should not take it to heart.
When I called up earlier this week, the agent was very nice and she told me that a positive decision (to grant the citizenship) was already made. And, as mentioned earlier, she even told me the date when that decision was made.
Today, the call center agent told me that she can only see that I am on the wait list for being invited for the oath ceremony, but she can't see the judge's decision.
So it depends on our luck - some times we get helpful agents, but a lot of times they are indifferent to what we feel after an unreasonably long application process. The good thing is, now we can see light at the end of the very long tunnel.
Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your feedback.
I hope we all get what we want which is a big happy smile.

I pray for all of us. hope this wait comes to the end

cwazyy

May 22, 2014
Hi guys I wrote my test on March 25. Called CIC today and was told that my file has been sent from St Clair to Scarborough on 9th June. The agent would not give me any more info, what does this mean for my application?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cwazyy said:
Hi guys I wrote my test on March 25. Called CIC today and was told that my file has been sent from St Clair to Scarborough on 9th June. The agent would not give me any more info, what does this mean for my application?
Hi CWAZYY : I too had test on March 25th at St.Claire and piror to that had RQ submitted. Can you please share your time line to guess-
estimate approximately when we can expect our Oath letters. Though the officer at time of interview told it could take 4 months.....

Other readers : Please share your thoughts and experiences. Approximately, how long its taking for the Oath ceremonies the after receiving files at Scarborough from St.Claire. Every input and experience helps we all in this inordinate wait & clueless situation. ;D

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am canadian since 29 of April
My daughter has a problem she has RQ in March 2014, she sent all document with filed RQ and still receiving letters to send them. When she is calling CIC agent tells nothing is missing. What to do. This is her e-case
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on January 17, 2012. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on February 15, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on March 28, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on June 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
toronto60 said:
I am canadian since 29 of April
My daughter has a problem she has RQ in March 2014, she sent all document with filed RQ and still receiving letters to send them. When she is calling CIC agent tells nothing is missing. What to do. This is her e-case
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on January 17, 2012. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on February 15, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on March 28, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on June 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Its most frustrating to deal with the CIC. When other government departments work more efficiently it means that, CIC intentionally working at snails speed for reasons best known to them. If they want, they can do it in 6 months but they dragging feet.

Bureaucrats try to keep the status quo to continue their grip on system. If they outsource to private companies, they can do things professionally and may be 50% of the CIC staff have to be laid off. As its total waste of tax payers money and frustrating future citizens.

When other department can work efficiently it tells that, CIC intentionally does things at snails speed.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
hi toronto60,

what was the letter sent to your daughter on june 3rd ? she already submitted RQ so what new doc.they are asking for ?

Mark007

Jun 11, 2014
Hello Everyone. Finally took my oath of citizenship today. I am now a proud Canadian after 2 years of waiting :). Here is my timeline, hope i can help out.

Application sent: June 2012
Application Started: July 26, 2012
Notice to Prepare For Your Citizenship Exam: Dec 23, 2013
Exam Date: March 07, 2014
Exam Results: Passed tests and successfully cleared interview
Waiting for Oath: Approximately 3-4 months or less (as specified by immigration officer)
Background Checks are valid and Application moved back to Mississauga Office for next steps.
Oath: Received Oath letter on 05/28/2014 with Oath on 06/11/2014.

ca4ever2u

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
28-03-2014
Well it used to be completed within 6 months even up to 2008, as far as I'm concerned. But, you know it's us, who started abusing the system. Without living in this country how can you get it, have you ever thought? It happened, and now we are paying the price.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ca4ever2u said:
Well it used to be completed within 6 months even up to 2008, as far as I'm concerned. But, you know it's us, who started abusing the system. Without living in this country how can you get it, have you ever thought? It happened, and now we are paying the price.
Admittedly some have indeed abused the system. However, every country's border crossing / airport have system to track individuals movements. Coordinating, importing data from all sources can expedite everything. Verify the passports and demand proof if required. With Computerized societies can make things simpler yet the Call Center agents and CIC offices are NOT on the same page. Why it takes over 4 months just to update the online system, instead of showing processing for over 3 years.

Obviously the entire system needs to be redesigned to address issues and avoidable delays. CIC have funds, man power and expertise if they have will to improve the way their work. Unless, its like owning the best car but instead of driving, prefer to push on road .;D ;D

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
hi toronto60,

what was the letter sent to your daughter on june 3rd ? she already submitted RQ so what new doc.they are asking for ?
The letter did not arrived yet. Bu you cold see from the e-case there were a similar letter asking for more documents after RQ submission. When she call CIC answer was we have everything, nothing is missing