+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sauga said:
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE for everyone WAITING FOR OATH and intending to travel during this period.

I have received my oath letter today.

It clearly says that if you cannot attend the oath, you have to submit a NEW application for citizenship. Which means that your current file will be cancelled.

OR, you must convince the citizenship judge within 60 days with a valid reason why you could not attend the hearing.

In my opinion both these options are a huge waste of time and not worth it...if you're making travel plans, please keep this in mind. It's not very easy to reschedule an oath.

In the worst case scenario, inform CIC BEFORE you travel so they will put your file on hold for that duration. It's a better option than any of the ones above.
Congrats!

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
Hi guys.. I got an oath letter.. Although it is not a conventional " pink letter "

What is the diff between pink or white letter..

Also my scheduled oath date is not listed as a ceremony in cic website?

Thanks
Congrats! It doesn't matter what is color of the letter, it is important what is written inside. Don't worry they will publish the date
I hope our oath letters will come soon, doesn't matter the color :) :)

peace1948

Apr 9, 2014
lala je said:
I am senior, attended interview on Feb 10, 2014 at St Clair Office. Finally today my e-status has been updated and also received Pink oath letter. Oath is scheduled on May 15 :) :) :)
Hope most of us will hear GOOOOOOOD news this week.

I have an issue, i intend to travel backhome on May 18th, can i apply for passport abroad (back home) on presenting the citizenship certificate?

Delay your plans 5days more and have your Canadian passport in hand!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to lala je, rk3, sauga.......

Definitely signs of movement. All February test takers should have oath invites before the end of this month. So hang on.... I am with you.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
bogazici10 said:
Hi guys.

I received my ATIP report today. It has 30 pages and complicated. it is good know my back round check still valid untill February, 2015.
hey bogazici10
what does it say for hearing status and oath ? there should be a section in the report.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

According my ATIP report, it says "no hearing required and Case stage: Assess Case Status:Open" I can clearly see in my ATIP report "they uploaded my test results and I passed the test on March 6th 2014. And also says file is return to officer for review on March 19th, 2014.

My interview was great I had all the documents with me and she told me that please wait 2-4 month oath ceremony. I do not know what is next?

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peace1948 said:
Delay your plans 5days more and have your Canadian passport in hand!
Peace 1948,
Is it possible if I apply for canadian passport to canadian consulate back home, instead of delaying my plans...

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
Congratulations to lala je, rk3, sauga.......

Definitely signs of movement. All February test takers should have oath invites before the end of this month. So hang on.... I am with you.
Thanks...BalajiR ;D

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
you can have your passport within 24 hours and you have to pay 110$ urgent service fee after your oath

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bogazici10 said:
hi
you can have your passport within 24 hours and you have to pay 110$ urgent service fee after your oath
After oath one can apply for passport after 3 business days.....thereafter you can either get it urgently within 24 hours by paying extra $ 110 or wait for normal processing time.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lala je said:
After oath one can apply for passport after 3 business days.....thereafter you can either get it urgently within 24 hours by paying extra $ 110 or wait for normal processing time.
It is after 2 business days

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
It is after 2 business days
toronto60:
I am still confused nobody is answering my question.
My question is, can I apply for canadian passport back home by presenting the citizenship certificate?