+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Today, I have called CIC and they told my results are uploaded few days back and also there is a note to transfer my file to Mississauga office.
Do you know how long will it take to schedule the Oath, after they transfer the file to local office?

My timeline:
I had my citizenship test on March 14th at St clair Office, but basically from Mississauga.
My background: I had submitted by application late 2011 and I was pre-test RQed Nov 2012.

Thanks!

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
This is a standart procedure
Well, I've noticed that this "standard procedure'" has been violated many times.

I don't know but I have the felling that they are targeting a specific ethnic groups that are related to some countries and I bet that most of people who got RQs and still waiting for the Oath, used to live and work in the Persian gulf precisely UAE and Saudi Arabia.

I'm originally from Middle East and used to work and live in the Persian gulf region and I've heard a lot if stories about the delay and even more about people who cheated the system.

What about you guys?

u2mtv

Apr 25, 2014
freebird3000 said:
Hi

Just out of curiosity , you said you got your PR in 2005 , and applied for citizenship in 2011 . You mentioned that you left Canada for only 2 weeks since 2005 . Is there any reason why you didn't apply for citizenship in 2008 ? I guess you were eligible for citizenship in 2008 assuming you only left the Canada for 2 weeks.

That's why you got the RQ , its weird that the CIC officer couldn't figure this out when you asked him/her about it during the interview.
I was just lazy, didn't think about applying for citizenship. I don't see anywhere saying not applying for citizenship after getting PR will be RQ'ed. This doesn't make any sense. I think officer should aware that at the time.

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sauga said:
Apparently the file has to be approved by the judge for ALL applicants, AFTER the test before an oath is scheduled.

The CIC officer who has reviewed your documents will send it to the Judge who will either approve the file which is then scheduled for hearing, or if he is unsatisfied, you may be put in line for a hearing with the judge.

I didn't get what you meant about the income? How are they making money if they make us wait longer?
Well, if my application was approved then where is my Oath invitation?
Unfortunately, this is how business in Canada. Doesn't matter whether it is CIC or TTC subway line. That was my first lesson from my senior co worker in my first job. I was excited to finish my first project as soon as possible but he told me there is a '" standard procedure" that you have to follow. Even this is a small project that you can finish in a couple of days the code of conduct says you have three weeks so you have to spend three weeks not less or more. If they "management " found out that the job can be done in less time, it will be a problem for us.
This is how people are keeping their jobs in Canada. That is why we have baby boomers everywhere.

Got the picture?

Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u2mtv said:
Your application is faster than mine:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 20, 2012.

Rq received in Dec 2012
Rq sent back Jan 2013

We sent you a notice on January 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting..

I studied in University of Waterloo and I'm working at Blackberry since 2009. I only left Canada once for 2 weeks since I got my PR in 2005. On the exam day, I got 20/20, and asked why I was RQ'ed during the interview, the officer checked my file and told me he didnt know.

Feeling better?

No i feel worse now!!! On what basis are they sending RQs? Unless and until there is a firm reason or suspicion they should not. I remember very well reading in Discover Canada - " every man and woman is innocent until proven guilty".

The reason we were sent the test date after the RQ is because they were unable to find any reason to hold off our citizenship. So why are we still waiting? I am no less of a citizen than anyone else here. I consider Canada as my country, abide by all of its laws and even bear the worst winter season!!

Whats funny is that all of my other family members got the citizenship...but for me finishing my studies was a crime. That too I did in middle-east not in my home country!! So its not like I can ever go back to Mid- east.

Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpoint said:
Well, if my application was approved then where is my Oath invitation?
Unfortunately, this is how business in Canada. Doesn't matter whether it is CIC or TTC subway line. That was my first lesson from my senior co worker in my first job. I was excited to finish my first project as soon as possible but he told me there is a '" standard procedure" that you have to follow. Even this is a small project that you can finish in a couple of days the code of conduct says you have three weeks so you have to spend three weeks not less or more. If they "management " found out that the job can be done in less time, it will be a problem for us.
This is how people are keeping their jobs in Canada. That is why we have baby boomers everywhere.

Got the picture?
Hear Hear!!

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stand4yourRight said:
No i feel worse now!!! On what basis are they sending RQs? Unless and until there is a firm reason or suspicion they should not. I remember very well reading in Discover Canada - " every man and woman is innocent until proven guilty".

The reason we were sent the test date after the RQ is because they were unable to find any reason to hold off our citizenship. So why are we still waiting? I am no less of a citizen than anyone else here. I consider Canada as my country, abide by all of its laws and even bear the worst winter season!!
Agree !

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
Congratulations, mississauga is very fast in processing the oath. you should get your oath letter very quick.
rajdeepa said:
Today, I have called CIC and they told my results are uploaded few days back and also there is a note to transfer my file to Mississauga office.
Do you know how long will it take to schedule the Oath, after they transfer the file to local office?

My timeline:
I had my citizenship test on March 14th at St clair Office, but basically from Mississauga.
My background: I had submitted by application late 2011 and I was pre-test RQed Nov 2012.

Thanks!

u2mtv

Apr 25, 2014
Stand4yourRight said:

Whats funny is that all of my other family members got the citizenship...but for me finishing my studies was a crime. That too I did in middle-east not in my home country!! So its not like I can ever go back to Mid- east.
If they couldn't find a reason to hold off our citizenship is the reason for sending RQs before test, why are there majority applicants applied much later than us got their citizenship earlier than us??? To be honest, I really don't understand what they think and how we work..

peace1948

Apr 9, 2014
:eek: Hi to all
What's going on last and this week, where is the good news about receiving the oath letter? :eek: 8)
:mad: :( :-[
Who was the last one got the letter lately ? ;)
was it Jan 29, 2014 :'(
After watching the Canadian Citizenship Timelines https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0
( Feb,12,2014 ) had their letter, that means CIC forgot me :-[ ::)

Time line [flash=200,200][/flash]
Test/Interview Feb,5,2014 St Clair

sauga

Apr 17, 2014
kenzhang said:
Congratulations, mississauga is very fast in processing the oath. you should get your oath letter very quick.
Hi. I'm in the same boat...how do you know that Mississauga is fast in processing the oath? Has anyone you know been transferred from St. Clair in the past and had oath in Mississauga quickly?

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks my file is in Mississauga and I am still awaiting the oath letter since feb 20th I called cic and they said everything is fine I have to wait till august max to get it the letter possible you will get is earlier!!

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
So Concerned said:
Folks my file is in Mississauga and I am still awaiting the oath letter since feb 20th I called cic and they said everything is fine I have to wait till august max to get it the letter possible you will get is earlier!!
God knows what's happening with St.Clair office. So many applications struck since Feb 12 no one got their oath letters. Its so frustrating and worries to wait so long after providing so many docs as proof of physical presence, cultural and economic ties with Canada etc,. Nothing updated this week too. :( :(

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
St Clair is more faster than Scarborough office. For example I took my test on 10 February, St Clair office finished their job and sent the file to Scarborough office with the Judge decision for further step on third week of march. From that very time it kept in that office and when I call the CIC office help center the agent told me "every thing set, just wait any moment from now you get your oath letter". I don't now how long might I have to wait.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
kaylink said:
St Clair is more faster than Scarborough office. For example I took my test on 10 February, St Clair office finished their job and sent the file to Scarborough office with the Judge decision for further step on third week of march. From that very time it kept in that office and when I call the CIC office help center the agent told me "every thing set, just wait any moment from now you get your oath letter". I don't now how long might I have to wait.
Assuming that Local offices conduct tests/interviews and handing over oath letters immediately after tests, they ( Mississauga, Scarborough) don't have space to accommodate St.Clair files to schedule an oath. Our files are just sitting on shelves collecting dust and waiting for their turn to get approved and schedule for a oath.