+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

i am very sure oath letters will not come this month guys we still do not know what happened at st clair center? i am fed up waiting.... last 9 weeks...

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Larine , thank you for your statement , this will make me relaxed, but where they mentioned in their web site is is a maximum of 6 months

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
Larine , thank you for your statement , this will make me relaxed, but where they mentioned in their web site is is a maximum of 6 months
Agents say whatever they want...there is no confirmation for anything...
Ive been waiting since Jan 2011...and still in process....so the timelines are completly random...

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samjohns22 said:
I think in the case if every thing is ok
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=363&t=5

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the oath of citizenship. This ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test.

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called ... No news......
I checked my eCAS no update

:( :( :( I m on the week 8...

may be next week .......

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
larine said:
I just called ... No news......
I checked my eCAS no update

:( :( :( I m on the week 8...

may be next week .......
What did tegu say on the phone? Did they check ur file or see if it moves from st clair to Scarborough ?

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Horizon92 said:
What did tegu say on the phone? Did they check ur file or see if it moves from st clair to Scarborough ?
i did not ask if the file is moved or not ..just asked about the oath and if there is any notes about missing documents ...

he check the file and said there is nothing about the oath ..

calling CIC doesn`t help .. yesterday the agent doesnt want to check my file he said i have to wait maximum 6 months

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpoint said:
Hi all,

I've been visiting this topic for the last 4 weeks and sad to say on my first post that I'm very disappointed and frustrated with CIC's entire system.
It seems they have no standards to follow nor tactics to run their business.

I haven't received the oath letter yet although I took the exam and passed the interview successfully on Feb 5th . I called the call center 8 weeks later (as per their instructions) to see what happened to my file. The agent informed me that the results haven't been uploaded yet and that may takes up to 6 month to upload the results (!), in addition he mentioned they haven't reviewed my RQ yet and that may takes up to June 2015 (!!!!!). I bet the guy wasn't even looking at his Computer and I promised not to call again.

My co-worker applied 2013 and did his exam in Scarborough end of January and got his oath letter a week after. And there is another case in this forum from Mississauga, the guy got his letter in the same day of the test(!)

Topic: Became Canadian Today at Mississauga, Oct 2013 to April 8, 2014 .... sorry I can't post the link

Here is my timeline

Oct 2012- received application
Feb 2013- started processing application
June 2013- submitted RQ
Sept 2013- submitted fingerprints
Jan 2014- notice to take citizenship exam
Feb 2014- citizenship exam (St. Clair)
wow - 6 months! that's ridiculous! but your almost there! hang in there!

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
CIC call centre people some time response according to the CIC guideline when they don't see any reasonable cause for the delay. Its just my idea.

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi all

I just called CIC call center. No letter issued for me yest. I asked him to keep a note in their system about speed up the file as I already passed 2 month as interviewer informed me to wait for letter.He answerd me he can only do that after 10th of August, it mean 6 month from the test date. May be thats why all agents talk about to wait for 6 month to further contact.

peace1948

Apr 9, 2014
:'( :-X
The problem is when set an open time for having the oath and not set a date even if it is far away, for example December 23, 2014 it is ok for me but do not leave the door wide open
Jan test had their Oath in March so we Feb test guys should have ours in April :-X :'(

peace1948

Apr 9, 2014
:-\ :-[Attention everybody, Please Do not call the CIC about when is the oath set date , I notice that they do not have the right to tell you gays before 6 months , so if you need them call after the 6 months and I am sure they will help you regarding the time.
we need their efforts to get busy with our letters to prepare and send to us. :) ;)

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is when set an open time for having the oath and not set a date

That was exactly my point and the cause of my frustration. The open time concept.
It was promising after the interview when they handed out a small piece of paper with a toll free number and said call that number after 2 month if you haven't hear back from CIC, and when you call them a guy tells you he can't see your results and it may takes 6 months to update.
6 months to upload the results? in 2014?

I hate when I sound helpless !

I'll try to be positive and stay calm !