+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Where is my oath letter :(? I have a flight to UK on march 30 which is nonrefundable and nonchangeable! I don't know should I wait or just go ! I did my test on feb 19!

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherrychen514 said:
Where is my oath letter :(? I have a flight to UK on march 30 which is nonrefundable and nonchangeable! I don't know should I wait or just go ! I did my test on feb 19!
How long are you going for? Ensure someone is checking your mail - don't forget they give you 2 weeks notice so if u are away and back by then it should be fine! Goodluck

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
cherrychen514 said:
You can call CIC and they will make a note that you will be away, and not to schedule your oath for the dates you provide.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tbb said:
You can call CIC and they will make a note that you will be away, and not to schedule your oath for the dates you provide.
I would never do that. This is what we are all waiting for. Calling cic to change any thing is just not worth it at all. If you have to go then make sure your mail is checked daily so that you can come back in time.

max2000

Mar 21, 2014
moosh said:
I would never do that. This is what we are all waiting for. Calling cic to change any thing is just not worth it at all. If you have to go then make sure your mail is checked daily so that you can come back in time.
I agree with moosh and banglaboy. Have heard people trying to change oath dates have had major delays.

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
I am also travelling (mid-april) and that was the route I took; changing the travel dates is not an option for me and neither is returning early. I guess everyone will have a different outlook so I will not comment on anyones choice to inform CIC that they will be travelling.

eu_can

Mar 18, 2014
bogazici10 said:
Hi guys,

I called call center now.They told me that they are still reviewing my RQ and you have to wait in Feb 2015. I can not believe that... I was hoping that i might get oath letter the end of this week. Now I am shocked. my file still at St Clair. I never ever call center again.....This is so ridiculous guyssss
that is exactly what I was feeling last week... Don't loose a hope, agent can't see all situation, just notes from file. And may be all staff bisy. with March's oaths and after that will put a new note and do something with us and we will see a oath rain letter for us for second part of April. Let's pray for it.

Brits Wife

Mar 5, 2014
We are in the same boat, travelling from April 14th-May 10th. Changing dates or returning early is not an option. I was hoping for an oath letter this week, but since that is not the case, Hubby will be calling CIC today to inform them of our travel dates.

Test was on Feb. 12th

BTW, can someone tell me how to add the timeline to my signature?? I don't have a signature option in my profile settings?

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
max2000 said:
I agree with moosh and banglaboy. Have heard people trying to change oath dates have had major delays.
No its not true. My husband forgot his oath day. When he realized it was too late. He sent them explanation letter that he took a relative to emergency to hospital, so he forgot. He was given a new date. It's not a big deal. Things goes on in life, and they can accomodate.

Brits Wife

Mar 5, 2014
layla.bee said:
No its not true. My husband forgot his oath day. When he realized it was too late. He sent them explanation letter that he took a relative to emergency to hospital, so he forgot. He was given a new date. It's not a big deal. Things goes on in life, and they can accomodate.
So do you think that it is better to call them and inform them that he will be out of the country? Or should we wait until we receive the date and then call to reschedule?

Thanks.

Edit: Hubby called and informed the call center of our travel plans. She said that she would put a note not to book oath date between those dates. If they do end up booking a date while he is away he would have to send a letter asking to reschedule.
CIC rep confirmed that his was file sent back to Scarborough.

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brits Wife said:
So do you think that it is better to call them and inform them that he will be out of the country? Or should we wait until we receive the date and then call to reschedule?

Thanks.
Not to say that you cannot or should not reschedule your oath date, but do you really want to put further delay on a process which is already been delayed? Just because you defer the oath ceremony for a month does not necessarily mean CIC will delay it for a month, it may translate to a delay of even 6 months, who knows?

Unless the travel is really urgent and unavoidable (you are best to judge), I would personally skip the travel and wait for the oath. However, if you must leave, in that case, my personal opinion would be wait until you get an Oath date, and then call them to reschedule. In that way you at least know the CIC has finalized your application and it wont be reversible.

When an official is reviewing our file, specially because of residency reason in the first place, getting a new note that you will be away from country may not positively help. These are just my personal opinion, I am not an expert on the matter, but this is what I would probably do if I were in your shoes.

captaincanuck

Mar 19, 2014
Brits Wife said:
CIC rep confirmed that his was file sent back to Scarborough.
This is good news! Thanks for sharing indeed. I was also told last week that my RQ was still being reviewed and I felt really disappointed to hear that. Now, I understand the CIC call centre agents can't really say much. It is better not to call them and just wait :)

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
I just call cic ,the lady asked me did I past test,I said yes.she said if you past the test then you have to wait until they review your rq. :( .
I aslo knew that my file still in st clair.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

no oath letter today... have a great weekend and hopefully next week we will hear a good news from St Clair...

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bogazici10 said:
Hi guys,

no oath letter today... have a great weekend and hopefully next week we will hear a good news from St Clair...
same here :(