+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
ZS1 said:
Hi all

Wanted to post my timeline at the st clair office

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

still have not gotten my oath letter

called CIC yesterday and they said that my file has been sent to Scarborough for scheduling . does that mean it been approved ?
I think yes. You will have your oath ceremony letter soon. Congrats ;)

james0007

Mar 22, 2014
Hello Guys,

I m one of you, Had RQ and my test done at st. Clair on 18th March 14. Exam was super easy and i had 20/20. I needed to wait for my document verification. I was sitting next to those counters and clearly listening questions they were asking to everyone. They were asking all stranded questions to know their English proficiency while checking their entery exit stamps in passports. They took the photo copy of P R card. They also checking their health card and Driver License along with signing
the exam result for each of them. Who ever had issues with their entery exit stamps or their submitted documents, they need to justify more and that took bit of more time to finish off.I was well prepared before my turn came. When i appeared, she went through with the same process and start ticking off that white piece of paper she had. She didnt asked much and said in the end that my file would be send to CJ and if everything goes fine, you will receive oath. I didnt ask her how long would it take or anything bcz i knew it since watching those folks before me had same answer. Ok so my assumption towards our big journey to Oath, Dont be panic. You guys have submitted strong RQ and the reason why we all been invited for the exam at the first place. They done all background checks and all, thats the second reason we had an opportunity to present ourselves in exam. Now you guys need to take breath. Give them some time to prepare our oath latters..Enjoy

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline:

Applied for citizenship: Aug 2012
CIC starts processing: Dec 2012
Notice for RQ: Feb 2013
RQ submission: Mar 2013
Notice to prepare for citizenship test: Jan 2014
Citizenship test taken at St Clair: Mar 2014
Oath: ???

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully this week we should all get some news IA
Looking forward to some good news posts

oathie

Mar 10, 2014
I just called CIC , Spoke to an agent ,and she said my file is in Scarborough,test results are in the file and waiting for the Oath ceremony date.hmmmm how long.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oathie said:
I just called CIC , Spoke to an agent ,and she said my file is in Scarborough,test results are in the file and waiting for the Oath ceremony date.hmmmm how long.
Oath keep checking. You should get yours today or tomorrow. Mail generally comes a few days before ecas is updated. Good luck and keep updating

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
oathie said:
When did u do your citizenship test?