+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They asked for: Copies of my passports, Leases, Tax Assessments, Record of Employments, and a letter explaining my previous status in the U.S which was a work visa that expired years ago.

QAI said:
hi djoli,
What did CIC ask for in cit 502?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you think about this situation:

Me and my wife and I came to Canada together- I was the principal applicant. Actually she came 3 month after me and therefore I submitted my application for citizenship 3 months before her - so it was a separate application. She gets a pretest RQ and then gets the oath 5 months after RQ submission. All in all her process took about a year.

For me it is a different story. I got a post test RQ around the time she got her pre test RQ. And guess what? I am still waiting and it has been 16 months since I submitted my RQ and still haven't heard a thing. I have sent CIC numerous letters letting them know that my wife's file was already finalized and that is does not make sense I will have to wait that long but it did not help.

The funny thing is that since we got the RQ about the same time , we prepared our RQ's together and there is a 90% overlap in our submitted documents. However she get her citizenship withing 5 months and for me it is 16 months and counting.

What you guys think?

BalajiR said:
Hi

Applied : Oct 2012 with close to 1350 days residency
Process start: Jan 2013
RQ: Aug 2013
Submitted: Sept 2013
Test: Feb 2014 at St. Clair
Oath: Waiting for Oath......

Its going to be an year since my test. last I know from Oct 2014, my file is still at St. Clair and the pre-test RQ was because I lost my passport and CoPR........

not sure how long I have to wait still.......

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very happy for your wife but this is really a terrible situation for you and it is not fair at all. This shows that CIC either does not have a good internal system or they just do not care. There are numerous situations where the person that is sponsored gets their citizenship before the person that sponsored them. Does not make any sense at all.

ItkExpert said:

Me and my wife and I came to Canada together- I was the principal applicant. Actually she came 3 month after me and therefore I submitted my application for citizenship 3 months before her - so it was a separate application. She gets a pretest RQ and then gets the oath 5 months after RQ submission. All in all her process took about a year.

For me it is a different story. I got a post test RQ around the time she got her pre test RQ. And guess what? I am still waiting and it has been 16 months since I submitted my RQ and still haven't heard a thing. I have sent CIC numerous letters letting them know that my wife's file was already finalized and that is does not make sense I will have to wait that long but it did not help.

The funny thing is that since we got the RQ about the same time , we prepared our RQ's together and there is a 90% overlap in our submitted documents. However she get her citizenship withing 5 months and for me it is 16 months and counting.

What you guys think?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my own personal experience it seems like some applicants are treated harsher than others and that these applicants are selected by some unknown and not necessarily legitimate criteria.

djoli said:
I am very happy for your wife but this is really a terrible situation for you and it is not fair at all. This shows that CIC either does not have a good internal system or they just do not care. There are numerous situations where the person that is sponsored gets their citizenship before the person that sponsored them. Does not make any sense at all.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ItkExpert said:
From my own personal experience it seems like some applicants are treated harsher than others and that these applicants are selected by some unknown and not necessarily legitimate criteria.
CIC on one or other pretext stretches the processing for ever. While other Federal & Provincial services act timely and professionally.

Its hard to believe CIC does not have the means to do it faster but suspect their honest intentions.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
It is based on the countries they are from. And CIC is a lazy, bloated and racially biased gov't department. I hold Chris Alexander and his racist, callous and dishonest minions responsible for this mess.

janoo

May 16, 2014
my case is same... january 2012 applied.. rq in March 2013 submitted april 2013... since waiting..
no progress on file.. am over 55 years old no need for test.. waiting..

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same case for me as well. mywife came 8 months after me. she's a house wife. she applied in Dec 2012 and got her citizenship oath by Feb 2014. 14 months with no RQ.......

ItkExpert said:

What you guys think?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
BalajiR said:
Same case for me as well. mywife came 8 months after me. she's a house wife. she applied in Dec 2012 and got her citizenship oath by Feb 2014. 14 months with no RQ.......
Its quite frustrating to see the utter laxity in processing the applications and absolute unaccountability. Even when the cases are straight forward CIC kept lives on hold. Women folks (Homer Makers) may be given the citizenship but bread earning men are held back.

One possible reason could be, country's unemployment statistics is based on the number of unemployed citizens excluding PR's holders. Government might not want to show the higher unemployment & still encourage inflow of educated immigrants to grow nation's menial labor force.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Folks,

Got another RQ, entitled, "NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF YOUR RESIDNECE IN CANADA."

Need to include some documents related to rental agreements, transcripts form school, Tax assessment, and bank/credit statements. Most of them were included with 2nd RQ, I think.

Just wondering, how many of you, who have been waiting for oath letter, got similar letter after writing test during Jan, Feb, Mar....periods?

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
torontorian said:
Folks,

Got another RQ, entitled, "NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF YOUR RESIDNECE IN CANADA."

Need to include some documents related to rental agreements, transcripts form school, Tax assessment, and bank/credit statements. Most of them were included with 2nd RQ, I think.

Just wondering, how many of you, who have been waiting for oath letter, got similar letter after writing test during Jan, Feb, Mar....periods?
Have you ever received a RQ before? And if yes, have you already provided those documents in your last RQ reply? If both yes, I think you can write a letter to CIC to ask why they ask the same documents twice. Is that the new tactics CIC is playing for delaying the processing?

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
torontorian said:
Folks,

Also please share your timeline.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontorian said:
Folks,

Clearly CIC is abusing the entire system, resources just to frustrate the candidates. If the CIC is asking the same details which were already submitted before means it is their last attempt of delaying tactics...nothing else.

In your own interest re-submit the required documents ASAP thru FEDEX or UPS Courier. Hopefully you should get the Oath very soon.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontorian said:
Folks,

Not me. I will be seeing CIC minister in a few weeks and I intend to tell him how shameful and callous his conduct has been so far.