+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

danke1957

Sep 11, 2014
stclairtest said:
Just talked with CIC again, the agent told me the file is on que for the ceremony and it was transferred from St. Clair on Sept the 8th. He also mentioned that since I've been rqed it could take up to an year to schedule the ceremony. Hope it won't take that long :)
Up to a year?!?!?!? That's ridiculous.

I would advise taking this with a huge grain of salt, however, since in practical terms CIC call centre agents have no actual visibility into statistics that come out of Scarborough CIC.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
stclairtest said:
Just talked with CIC again, the agent told me the file is on que for the ceremony and it was transferred from St. Clair on Sept the 8th. He also mentioned that since I've been rqed it could take up to an year to schedule the ceremony. Hope it won't take that long :)
Congrats !!!, its matter of few weeks after all when you know its going in the right direction. Most of the Call center agents are irritated due to calls from all frustrated candidates, they pass their negativity to other callers. Take it easy, you will get the Oath very soon.

janoo

May 16, 2014
My file is pending with ST.Clair since April 2013, have received the RQ in March 2013

and my application since January 2012, recently I wrote a letter to St.clair office

and they have replied "" that my application is in queue to beassigned and

reviewed by a Citizenship Office "

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
My file is pending with ST.Clair since April 2013, have received the RQ in March 2013

and my application since January 2012, recently I wrote a letter to St.clair office

and they have replied "" that my application is in queue to beassigned and

reviewed by a Citizenship Office "
[/quote

Knowing CIC call center agents have partial information, dont be disheartened at all. Most likely your Oath is around the corner, we members are sort of support group for each other in this ordeal. Have a wonderful weekend !!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Learnt from readers experience here and other forums, unlike in the past where CIC were little lenient with eligibility but now they are no more. Especially after implementation of new rule, CIC will very rigidly apply the rules and its sure to be rejected and waste of time.

In candidate's best interest, they wait for some more time complete the required days before they apply to avoid the sure rejection.

Due to my attorney's negligence and miscalculation, I end up applying with 59 days short on 1095 days. Have waited for years, I'm hearing my case is too risky, they may or may not approve it.
Interesting.
So what if you are refused (god forbids)!? Will you be able to apply again? How long will that take?
(What about all those years one has lived in Canada prior to his landed status?)

Thanks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Interesting.
So what if you are refused (god forbids)!? Will you be able to apply again? How long will that take?
(What about all those years one has lived in Canada prior to his landed status?)

Thanks.
Quite obvious, its needless to explain the consequences. Under the older rules the CIC taking well over 35 months for processing. Even after years despite of meeting the eligibility criteria nobody knows what is happening. If due to some reason, the application get rejected, it takes over a year or so, just for an appointment with the citizenship judge yet with the same level of risk of rejection.

If someone knowingly apply with less than 1095 days, they risk of been informed of application is rejected due to ineligibility. Who would like wait / waste months and years just to be informed about this great news.

Then the candidate has to re-apply under the new rules, though the fee is slightly high but the eligibility criteria has been raised to physical presence required to minimum 1460 days out of 2190 days (4 years physical presence out of total last 6 years).

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Quite obvious, its needless to explain the consequences. Under the older rules the CIC taking well over 35 months for processing. Even after years despite of meeting the eligibility criteria nobody knows what is happening. If due to some reason, the application get rejected, it takes over a year or so, just for an appointment with the citizenship judge yet with the same level of risk of rejection.

If someone knowingly apply with less than 1095 days, they risk of been informed of application is rejected due to ineligibility. Who would like wait / waste months and years just to be informed about this great news.

Then the candidate has to re-apply under the new rules, though the fee is slightly high but the eligibility criteria has been raised to physical presence required to minimum 1460 days out of 2190 days (4 years physical presence out of total last 6 years).
Roger that. Thanks. I'll notify him.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I ask for another ATIP while my current ATIP request is being processed?! Or should I wait to receive the first one before ordering another new ATIP?

Thnx

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Yes, they raised the fees to $400 but the eligibility is still 1095 days in the four years before the date you sign your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=355&t=5

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Moe... said:
Yes, they raised the fees to $400 but the eligibility is still 1095 days in the four years before the date you sign your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=355&t=5
Thanks for correcting me, that's nice the minimum days required though initially proposed to raise to 4 years out of 6 years, but left it untouched.

janoo

May 16, 2014
You can order another atip when you received the one you have order

so you can order another atip report you will see the difference.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks I called yesterday and I was told the following
As far as my application is not flagged as none routine application then it's up to the local office to decide when to send you the oath letter within 24 months.
Also a cloes friend on mine got on the spot RQ but with specific requirement exit-entery record and NOA then within 3 months they sent her oath letter!
I have been waiting since feb 20th and so far nothing!! I did provide exit-entery record during the interview and officer was surprised how prepared I was but it seems he used his desecration and flagged my application with something the left me 8 months so far without oath!!

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
So Concerned said:
Folks I called yesterday and I was told the following
As far as my application is not flagged as none routine application then it's up to the local office to decide when to send you the oath letter within 24 months.
Also a cloes friend on mine got on the spot RQ but with specific requirement exit-entery record and NOA then within 3 months they sent her oath letter!
I have been waiting since feb 20th and so far nothing!! I did provide exit-entery record during the interview and officer was surprised how prepared I was but it seems he used his desecration and flagged my application with something the left me 8 months so far without oath!!
They have been slow for Feb test takers. Its also possible that they waiting for background checks to clear up.