+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Still waiting. I called today and told that still no update! One more week and I complete 6 months since the test date. I was told that my file is clear no notes or comments but it's not mandatory that withing 6 months we should receive oath as far as routine processing time is 24 months and non routine is 36 months! Very vague answer as usual?

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
So Concerned said:
Still waiting. I called today and told that still no update! One more week and I complete 6 months since the test date. I was told that my file is clear no notes or comments but it's not mandatory that withing 6 months we should receive oath as far as routine processing time is 24 months and non routine is 36 months! Very vague answer as usual?
I got same answer With you form call center.I have been waitng more than 6 month after text.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Have you order the ATIP? What does it say?

So Concerned said:

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one I am new here but I am also in the same boat apparently. Here is my timeline:

Applied: 6th Jan 2012
Acknowledged: Feb or March of 2012 (Received the booklets to study)
RQ forms received: 19 September 2012
RQ forms returned: 15 October 2012
Test: 7th of April 2014
Oath: TBA

So what is the deal with the CIC guys? Is this delay usual? It's been slightly more than 4 months since I took the test (BTW I scored 20 out of 20) and I am just very frustrated. My life plans and goals are pretty much on hold including my ability to travel to see my sick parents else where. I have called them, asked them to expedite my file but apparently this is too much to ask of the CIC bums. My processing office is the dreaded St. Clair one. Why are they so 'slow' in processing the files? What is taking so long? Should I request an ATIP too? ::)

I'd like to know your views/opinions and am glad to be here. I've been reading your inputs for months now and finally decided to join.

Have a great day every one!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi , your time line and mine is same,

have applied January 5 , 2012 and received RQ March , 2013 since

I have replied no news whenever I called CIC, non routine application time line

35 month , and just inform us to wait December 2014 than call.

I order atip report nothing showing...

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
janoo said:
Hi , your time line and mine is same,

have applied January 5 , 2012 and received RQ March , 2013 since

I have replied no news whenever I called CIC, non routine application time line

35 month , and just inform us to wait December 2014 than call.

I order atip report nothing showing...
So what does one get after 36 months in terms of answers from them? I am nearing 36 months now.

janoo

May 16, 2014
CIC will write letter to your local office to expedite...

once the processing time pass CIC take few baby step to assist the applicant
and contact local office..

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
janoo said:
CIC will write letter to your local office to expedite...

once the processing time pass CIC take few baby step to assist the applicant
and contact local office..
That is 36 months from receive of application or from Start Date of Processing (which can be over 6 months down the road)?
Thanks,

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
janoo said:
Non routine application 35 month and CIC will write after processing period pass.
I think you didn't read my questions carefull:
That is 35 months from receive of application or from Start Date of Processing (which can be over 6 months down the road)? Online portal shows those dates as different times.

Thanks,

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Hi every one I am new here but I am also in the same boat apparently. Here is my timeline:

Applied: 6th Jan 2012
Acknowledged: Feb or March of 2012 (Received the booklets to study)
RQ forms received: 19 September 2012
RQ forms returned: 15 October 2012
Test: 7th of April 2014
Oath: TBA

So what is the deal with the CIC guys? Is this delay usual? It's been slightly more than 4 months since I took the test (BTW I scored 20 out of 20) and I am just very frustrated. My life plans and goals are pretty much on hold including my ability to travel to see my sick parents else where. I have called them, asked them to expedite my file but apparently this is too much to ask of the CIC bums. My processing office is the dreaded St. Clair one. Why are they so 'slow' in processing the files? What is taking so long? Should I request an ATIP too? ::)

I'd like to know your views/opinions and am glad to be here. I've been reading your inputs for months now and finally decided to join.

Have a great day every one!
Indeed, CIC put everyone's life on hold due to their laxity or some hidden agenda or racial profiling. On pretext of RQ, which most of us got, they buying 36 months time, yet they are candidates waiting in excess of 4 years without any outcome. Its just unpredictable situation, better get ATIP (Private) every or couple of months to figure out if there is any movement on file. Frustration is just an under statement.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
torontob said:
That is 36 months from receive of application or from Start Date of Processing (which can be over 6 months down the road)?
Thanks,
I believe their counting start from date of receipt. Dont want to sound pessimist or alarmist, 36 months time CIC earned by sending you the RQ and then may start taking baby steps as other reader pointed out here. Their excuse, each file is different and it can take longer too.

Its terribly callous and irresponsible manner the CIC operates, probably even high school kids can guide them much quicker processing way.

What more, if they had only 30 judges processing thousands of applications, its joke of the century. Now, they assigned 400 officials, if that improves the situation or more chaos, that's yet to be seen.