+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Jun 13, 2014
Hi,
I have been following this post and have found it very helpful.
Thank you to all of you who share their experiences- here is mine, I just got off the phone too from CIC and I got some what same response as you Halawala that my file is under review at Mississauga office.
Previously when I had been calling this week and last week, I was told that all is set and I am just waiting for my scheduling. This is ridiculous! Anyone knows what this means??

Timeline:
Applied June 2012
RQ March 2013
Test Mar 31, 2014 at st clair
Oath: waiting

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, once your file is transferred to your local office that means it's approved by CJ. Well, I am saying it because of my own experience. My file was at St. Claire and after been reviewed by CJ , it was transferred to Scarborough office. The CIC agents give standard answers to discourage us from calling them. Don't feel low as you all will be getting your letter soon. Like I mentioned earlier, my gut feeling is telling me that alot of ppl will be getting their oath invitations for Canada day , as it is going to be a grand ceremony.

@ Sisi , I was very specific ..first I asked the agent that how come we applied as a family but , I see different client ID on our test invitation letter. Does that mean our cases will be reviewed by the CJ individually ? She said it's ok because our final decision ( for citizenship grant ) is for our file ( means all family members ahve been granted the citizenship). I then inquired about the status of my applicaton by saying that, "I can't access my ECAS for some reason and I am scared that sometimes snail mail misplace our very important letters so i do not want to take a chance. " The CIC agent was EXTREMELY polite (GOD BLESS HER ), she took her time and actually gave me details of my status. She said that she could see a letter been sent for me and then she said , " let me confirm if the letter sent to you is your oath invitation." and Yes it was :D

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
waitingsucks said:
Guys, once your file is transferred to your local office that means it's approved by CJ. Well, I am saying it because of my own experience. My file was at St. Claire and after been reviewed by CJ , it was transferred to Scarborough office. The CIC agents give standard answers to discourage us from calling them. Don't feel low as you all will be getting your letter soon. Like I mentioned earlier, my gut feeling is telling me that alot of ppl will be getting their oath invitations for Canada day , as it is going to be a grand ceremony.

@ Sisi , I was very specific ..first I asked the agent that how come we applied as a family but , I see different client ID on our test invitation letter. Does that mean our cases will be reviewed by the CJ individually ? She said it's ok because our final decision ( for citizenship grant ) is for our file ( means all family members ahve been granted the citizenship). I then inquired about the status of my applicaton by saying that, "I can't access my ECAS for some reason and I am scared that sometimes snail mail misplace our very important letters so i do not want to take a chance. " The CIC agent was EXTREMELY polite (GOD BLESS HER ), she took her time and actually gave me details of my status. She said that she could see a letter been sent for me and then she said , " let me confirm if the letter sent to you is your oath invitation." and Yes it was :D
Has your online status been updated?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
janoo said:
Congratulation : QAI.

My time line is similar to yours but my file is not moving since January 2012...

just prey for me as am tired waiting for last 30 months.
I called the cic again, she tells me the rq processing does not take long, its the assignment of the file to the agent that takes a while. Once the file is assigned and someone is on top of it, things move pretty fast. right now i think my file is collecting dust mites.

star200

Mar 28, 2014
QAI said:
I called the cic again, she tells me the rq processing does not take long, its the assignment of the file to the agent that takes a while. Once the file is assigned and someone is on top of it, things move pretty fast. right now i think my file is collecting dust mites.
do you know where is your file, St.Clair or Scarborough?

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
Plz help. I got my ATIP today. I took my test on March 10th, 2014. I got my RQ in DEC. 2012. Below is from my ATIP. My big concern is that it says "client is self-employed" which is not right. I never owned my own business. I was unemployed for a bit. Thats it. Anyone can help me? What are ICES and FPAT?? How long does it take to get FPAT?? Do I need to provide it?? Thank you very much in advance for your help. I am so worried now. Anyone has similar experience??

Notes: 1
Created Date: 2014/03/28/
Created by: ML8298
Updated Date: 2014/03/28
Updated by: ML8298
Type: General
Responsible office: St. Clair
Description: Client issued RQ Client self-employed and spent time studying in the U.S. Unable to verify all travel against passport and ICES report. FPAT required.

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
ml18 said:
Plz help. I got my ATIP today. I took my test on March 10th, 2014. I got my RQ in DEC. 2012. Below is from my ATIP. My big concern is that it says "client is self-employed" which is not right. I never owned my own business. I was unemployed for a bit. Thats it. Anyone can help me? What are ICES and FPAT?? How long does it take to get FPAT?? Do I need to provide it?? Thank you very much in advance for your help. I am so worried now. Anyone has similar experience??

Notes: 1
Created Date: 2014/03/28/
Created by: ML8298
Updated Date: 2014/03/28
Updated by: ML8298
Type: General
Responsible office: St. Clair
Description: Client issued RQ Client self-employed and spent time studying in the U.S. Unable to verify all travel against passport and ICES report. FPAT required.

Hi

ICES is a terminology for CBSA travel history . you gave them a consent to get your CBSA record , and officer requested your CBSA electric file . CIC calls CBSA record as ICES.
However, the officer was unable to match your declared absences against CBSA record and has ordered FPAT which is your work and employment history in U.S . they do this through contacting U.S homeland security . CIC is concerned that you had some sort of employment is U.S
so they need to clarify this ,

star200

Mar 28, 2014
One more week passed without any news for me, it is almost 17 days that I have been told my file has been transferred to Scarborough. I don't think transferring files to local office means anything :(

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
star200 said:
One more week passed without any news for me, it is almost 17 days that I have been told my file has been transferred to Scarborough. I don't think transferring files to local office means anything :(
I think you should hear from them in a couple weeks.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ICES=Integrated Customs Enforcement System. It is a database of vehicles (and persons) entering Canada. It is used to verify your residence time in Canada.

FPAT=File preparation template. It is a form filled by a citizenship officer after review of your file before referring your file to a citizenship judge. It means some concerns have been raised by the officer.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Star200 , don't lose hope. I was feeling exactly the same way until I called them yesterday. I got to know that I am scheduled for oath after calling CIC. I never received any update( no mail or ECAS update ) uptill now. Try calling them today .. Good Luck!

star200

Mar 28, 2014
waitingsucks said:
Star200 , don't lose hope. I was feeling exactly the same way until I called them yesterday. I got to know that I am scheduled for oath after calling CIC. I never received any update( no mail or ECAS update ) uptill now. Try calling them today .. Good Luck!
I called them yesterday, they just said my file is in Scarborough but no more update :(, did you receive your letter? when did they send you the letter? is your ECAS updated?

ml18

Jun 13, 2014
freebird3000 said:
Hi

ICES is a terminology for CBSA travel history . you gave them a consent to get your CBSA record , and officer requested your CBSA electric file . CIC calls CBSA record as ICES.
However, the officer was unable to match your declared absences against CBSA record and has ordered FPAT which is your work and employment history in U.S . they do this through contacting U.S homeland security . CIC is concerned that you had some sort of employment is U.S
so they need to clarify this ,
Thank you so much for the information. I never worked in the States...But i did take some classes at a school in the States which I claimed in my RQ files. Do you know how long it would take for them to get FPAT??? But I never claimed I worked for myself. Why my ATIP shows "self-employed"? Thank you again.