+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
stefan80 said:
I asked the agent, when calling CIC, whether and when the judge has approved my file, and she told me that we do not see those information.
I was told that by one agent, and I was told that the judge approved my file in June 18th by another agent. So, who knows...

I've ordered ATIP notes that I should be getting in early August, that should at least clarify this info.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
I passed the test 6 of march. Nothing yet hahahahahaha. I called many time. Every time no update haha

Mtljuly2014

Jun 14, 2014
Even myself I called many times. I hope they do not maintain call logs...
I beat my hands every time not to dial the number...

It's sad CIC call center do not know the sequence of oath.
ETA on your oath.

I think I am getting used to waiting...

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
montrealia said:
I was told that by one agent, and I was told that the judge approved my file in June 18th by another agent. So, who knows...

I've ordered ATIP notes that I should be getting in early August, that should at least clarify this info.
please share your ATIP notes, whether your file has been really approved on the 18th June.
I think, you will receive your oath invitation soon. It should not take more than one month after CJ approval to receive oath ceremony.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
stefan80 said:
please share your ATIP notes, whether your file has been really approved on the 18th June.
I think, you will receive your oath invitation soon. It should not take more than one month after CJ approval to receive oath ceremony.
Well, it's taking a month and counting!!! I've been calling the call centre often and I was already told the file was approved when I called on June 24. So whether I choose to believe the agent from my last call who said the file was approved on June 18 or not, it was clear that it was approved on June 23 or earlier.

I'll definitely share what the ATIP notes say.

mtler2014

Jul 24, 2014
For all those waiting too long (Montreal), yesterday I called CIC and they confirmed my Citizenship Ceremony for August 7th. My ecas was not updated though and I still have not received the letter (the letter was sent yesterday). It's nearly 39 months waiting but now it's coming to an end. Here it goes my timeline:

-----------------------------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 2, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 2, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 17, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 3, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

The reason for the delay was that my wife had to send an RQ (right after the citizenship exam). But she finally got the approval from the CJ (no hearing was required).

Good luck for everyone! It's coming (seems CIC was in vacation mode)!

mtler2014

Jul 24, 2014
montrealia said:
Hey, I've just got the oath invitation for August 7th! ;D :D

Ecas hasn't updated yet!
That's really cool! Congratulations! Looks like they indeed got back from vacation!!!!

P.S.: Did you already receive the letter?

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
mtler2014 said:
That's really cool! Congratulations! Looks like they indeed got back from vacation!!!!

P.S.: Did you already receive the letter?
Indeed, all I got is the letter. I called the call centre on Monday and there were no news back then, and ecas hasn't updated...

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
please share your timeline ? you had Rq ?

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
montrealia said:
Hey, I've just got the oath invitation for August 7th! ;D :D

Ecas hasn't updated yet!
hi please share your timeline ? you had RQ ?

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
farhadf80 said:
hi please share your timeline ? you had RQ ?
Here's my timeline:

Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
montrealia said:
Here's my timeline:

Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
ok thanks I had my test on 6 of march . but I had RQ in 2013 , I called many time .

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
mtler2014 said:
For all those waiting too long (Montreal), yesterday I called CIC and they confirmed my Citizenship Ceremony for August 7th. My ecas was not updated though and I still have not received the letter (the letter was sent yesterday). It's nearly 39 months waiting but now it's coming to an end. Here it goes my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 2, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 2, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 17, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 3, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

The reason for the delay was that my wife had to send an RQ (right after the citizenship exam). But she finally got the approval from the CJ (no hearing was required).

Good luck for everyone! It's coming (seems CIC was in vacation mode)!
I told your, it should not take more than a month after CJ approval ;)
I do not know why the ecas does not update