+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stefan80 said:
I told your, it should not take more than a month after CJ approval ;)
I do not know why the ecas does not update
Congratulations, montrealia!

stefan80,

I don't think it's because of the one month period after CJ approval. We've been told that our file was approved since may, but we didn't receive the letter so far.
I think the reason that montrealia received the oath letter is because now it's more than 36 months and they have to try to priorize the delays....

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wife passed the test yesterday.. she had a pre test RQ in Feb, responded March 30, Test yesterday.. Oath if CJ approves in 2-3 month they said

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
somebody tell me what I can do ? I passed my test 6 of march . still waiting no news

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
farhadf80 said:
somebody tell me what I can do ? I passed my test 6 of march . still waiting no news
Do you know whether and when your file is approved by the Judge. This Might give an indication of when you will receive an oath invitation.
Last time, I talked to CIC agent, he told me that if it takes 6 month, then we will look it out.

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
montrealia said:
Hey, I've just got the oath invitation for August 7th! ;D :D

Ecas hasn't updated yet!
Congrats Montrealia :D
I have been following this thread after my oath and every time I checked I was hoping to hear some good news from you all
happy to see one of you got his oath :)

mtler2014

Jul 24, 2014
mtler2014 said:
For all those waiting too long (Montreal), yesterday I called CIC and they confirmed my Citizenship Ceremony for August 7th. My ecas was not updated though and I still have not received the letter (the letter was sent yesterday). It's nearly 39 months waiting but now it's coming to an end. Here it goes my timeline:

-----------------------------------
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 2, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 2, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 17, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 3, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
-----------------------------------

The reason for the delay was that my wife had to send an RQ (right after the citizenship exam). But she finally got the approval from the CJ (no hearing was required).

Good luck for everyone! It's coming (seems CIC was in vacation mode)!
Oath letter arrived today.

liu7676

Apr 23, 2014
I got my oath notice too.

I check your guys there, found a lot update. so I check my status...updated...

Thank you everyone here........

We sent you a notice on March 11, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 22, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
Donizinho said:
Congratulations, montrealia!

stefan80,

I don't think it's because of the one month period after CJ approval. We've been told that our file was approved since may, but we didn't receive the letter so far.
I think the reason that montrealia received the oath letter is because now it's more than 36 months and they have to try to priorize the delays....
Do you know whether and when your file got accepted by the CJ ?
It sounds that CIC montreal is far behind, and just gives invitation for people having had test on march 26th.

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
liu7676 said:
I got my oath notice too.

I check your guys there, found a lot update. so I check my status...updated...

Thank you everyone here........

We sent you a notice on March 11, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 22, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Many congrads :)
I thought the date shown on ecas indicates when it s updated, but it sounds not true

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
farhadf80 said:
What do they tell you when you call? Can they see the results of the test in your file? If so, can they see if the file was approved? Have you ordered ATIP?

In my case, at first, they didn't even see the results of the test. Then one day they told me they could see the results of the test. The office has 3 months to upload the results of the test, so if they aren't in your file, you should call and request that they put a note in your file. I did that and they responded pretty quickly.

Next comes judge approval. It is possible to know with ATIP when the file went to the judge (maybe even the call centre can tell you, but I haven't been able to get that info myself). Once with the judge, it should take at most 2 months for the judge to make the decision.

So, you should try to find out where your file stands in this process. If you can't, then contact your MP.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
I called today the agent told me we will send you interview about resident haha. I was one travel for 55 days. That's it but I don't know when the will send me interview,

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC.
The agent told me that he can see that the office is trying to schedule me for oath on August 14th.
He sees the date but yet not confirmed.
He told me to wait for letter until July 31st and if my mailbox is still empty, I should call CIC.

So far, there are no scheduled ceremonies on CIC website after August 8th.
I guess as soon as they confirmed the time and place, I should be invited :)