+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stefan80 said:
Do you know whether and when your file got accepted by the CJ ?
It sounds that CIC montreal is far behind, and just gives invitation for people having had test on march 26th.
My husband called many times and in April they said that his file was approved by CJ. Then he asked about my file and they said that I have to call, even if we have a family application and my husband is the main applicant.

Then I called CIC on June, 6th, and they told me that there's o problem with my file either and it is finished and approved by the CJ, but we are on the line to be called to the oath.

So far, we haven't received the oath letter and I decided to not call anymore until we have 6 months after test (we're going to have 5 months in three days).
I suppose they will send us oath letter when we're getting closer to the end of the 36 months period...

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Donizinho said:
My husband called many times and in April they said that his file was approved by CJ. Then he asked about my file and they said that I have to call, even if we have a family application and my husband is the main applicant.

Then I called CIC on June, 6th, and they told me that there's o problem with my file either and it is finished and approved by the CJ, but we are on the line to be called to the oath.

So far, we haven't received the oath letter and I decided to not call anymore until we have 6 months after test (we're going to have 5 months in three days).
I suppose they will send us oath letter when we're getting closer to the end of the 36 months period...
I'd suggest that you order ATIP notes right now. They will take 30 days to arrive, so you'll get them right by the 6 month after the test date. You will then know exactly what is going on with your file (often when we contact the call centre we get partial information that leads to misunderstanding, but if you have your ATIP notes, you will be able to ask more precise questions to the call centre agents). Then, once you've reached the 6month after the test, you can call them and ask them to enter a note in the file for Montreal office asking them to schedule you for the oath.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
I called today the agent told me we will send you interview about resident haha. I had one travel for 55 days. That's it.. but I don't know when the will send me interview, somebody know about that ? the agent told me you passed the test but we will send you interview fro resdint . if somebody know about it please give me inf thanks

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhadf80 said:
I called today the agent told me we will send you interview about resident haha. I had one travel for 55 days. That's it.. but I don't know when the will send me interview, somebody know about that ? the agent told me you passed the test but we will send you interview fro resdint . if somebody know about it please give me inf thanks
I guess he meant you will get a residency Questionnaire, not too funny after test and might cost you an additional 1000Cad..

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Michels said:
I guess he meant you will get a residency Questionnaire, not too funny after test and might cost you an additional 1000Cad..
sorry. I had residency Questionnair one year ago I was send all my documents .

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Michels said:
I think this means hearing with a judge... So you should gather all your original documents. Experts in the forums often suggest that you hire a lawyer in this case (I personally have no idea...)

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
oh yeah thanks

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
Mango91 said:
I just called CIC.
The agent told me that he can see that the office is trying to schedule me for oath on August 14th.
He sees the date but yet not confirmed.
He told me to wait for letter until July 31st and if my mailbox is still empty, I should call CIC.

So far, there are no scheduled ceremonies on CIC website after August 8th.
I guess as soon as they confirmed the time and place, I should be invited :)
So they invite the ones that have had test on the 28th April. I had test on 28th May, so I probabily have to wait one month more.

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
Mango91 said:
I just called CIC.
The agent told me that he can see that the office is trying to schedule me for oath on August 14th.
He sees the date but yet not confirmed.
He told me to wait for letter until July 31st and if my mailbox is still empty, I should call CIC.

So far, there are no scheduled ceremonies on CIC website after August 8th.
I guess as soon as they confirmed the time and place, I should be invited :)
By the way, many congrads :)

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
I called CIC today and they said my file has been approved by CJ on May 28th and if I don't receive the oath invite by September ( :eek: ) I should contact them again.

Here is my timeline:

25-Sep-2013 - We received your application
10-Jan-2014 - We started processing your application
25-Mar-2014 - We sent you a notice to appear and write the citizenship test
28-Apr-2014 - Citizenship test
28-May-2014 - File approved by CJ
TBD - Oath

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
rcc said:
I called CIC today and they said my file has been approved by CJ on May 28th and if I don't receive the oath invite by September ( :eek: ) I should contact them again.

Here is my timeline:

25-Sep-2013 - We received your application
10-Jan-2014 - We started processing your application
25-Mar-2014 - We sent you a notice to appear and write the citizenship test
28-Apr-2014 - Citizenship test
28-May-2014 - File approved by CJ
TBD - Oath
How the agent told you the date of approval by CJ ?
I tried number of times, once they told me it is approved, and other times they just told me that we can only see "you passed the test"

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
stefan80 said:
How the agent told you the date of approval by CJ ?
I tried number of times, once they told me it is approved, and other times they just told me that we can only see "you passed the test"
Hi stefan80. I simply asked what was the date the CJ had approved the file and the officer told me May 28th.

Ali_M3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC and asked from the lady whether my file is approved by CJ or not and she told me no I can't see it. I received my ATIP on June 25th and can't see that my file is approved my CJ on that either. So it is almost 5 months after the test and no news! Very frustrating. Two of my friends got their oath invitation 1-2 months after their exam.

My timeline is as below:

Application received by CIC on January 16, 2013
We started processing your application on March 10, 2013
RQ Requested: November 2013
Citizenship test on March 5, 2014

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Ali_M3 said:
I just called CIC and asked from the lady whether my file is approved by CJ or not and she told me no I can't see it. I received my ATIP on June 25th and can't see that my file is approved my CJ on that either. So it is almost 5 months after the test and no news! Very frustrating. Two of my friends got their oath invitation 1-2 months after their exam.

My timeline is as below:

Application received by CIC on January 16, 2013
We started processing your application on March 10, 2013
RQ Requested: November 2013
Citizenship test on March 5, 2014

some me I passed the test 6 of march , and I called she told me we will send you interview , I don't know why .