+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Form submission

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
Hi All,

I completed my oath ceremony on Jan 17th 2023. During the virtual ceremony the agent did not tell any details about the oath form and I forgot to ask too. The other person who conducted the oath said I can just send the signed oath form as a reply to the original email(the email I got with the instructions & oath form) and that would suffice. I never got any replies after sending. I even sent it again to the email specified in the instructions form and still no reply and the online status on the tracker also is the same. What should I do? Do we get any notification that my signed oath form has reached them?

Please help.

Thanks

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi All,

I completed my oath ceremony on Jan 17th 2023. During the virtual ceremony the agent did not tell any details about the oath form and I forgot to ask too. The other person who conducted the oath said I can just send the signed oath form as a reply to the original email(the email I got with the instructions & oath form) and that would suffice. I never got any replies after sending. I even sent it again to the email specified in the instructions form and still no reply and the online status on the tracker also is the same. What should I do? Do we get any notification that my signed oath form has reached them?

Please help.

Thanks
Usually there is no acknowledgement for that email, but your tracker would get updated. But for some it seems to take longer. You may have to wait for couple of days more.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi All,

Please help.

Thanks

Hello, for your virtual ceremony , if your seat # is in mid 50's , does it mean one has to wait for the first 49 people to get registered, so does it mean like a 30 min wait time in the beginning...

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ok, so how does the system work, if I may ask
these are pre assigned numbers, you login at the time of the ceremony the host will let you in and preside over the ceremony. the host will then also setup breakout rooms where a clerk will review your documents and ask them to cut etc.. after which you will join the judge who will preside over the ceremony oath etc..

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Thank you, the reason I ask is my child has a exam at school and might be a few minutes late to come back home for the virtual ceremony which is at 11.00 , so kind of thinking what to do.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you, the reason I ask is my child has a exam at school and might be a few minutes late to come back home for the virtual ceremony which is at 11.00 , so kind of thinking what to do.
Will you be late or your child will be late to attend the ceremony?
If your child is below 14 years in that case they are not required to attend the ceremony
Excerpt from the Oath Invitation letter
“A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to take the oath. A minor child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on their behalf.”

NIKCAD

Dec 31, 2018
Hi All,

Please help.

Thanks
Hi, in some cases (depending on the processing office) you will get an automated reply once you email the Oath form.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Will you be late or your child will be late to attend the ceremony?
If your child is below 14 years in that case they are not required to attend the ceremony
Excerpt from the Oath Invitation letter
“A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to take the oath. A minor child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on their behalf.”

Will be the child, who is over 14...the exam was resheduled at the last moment to the oath day because of a snow day..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Will be the child, who is over 14...the exam was resheduled at the last moment to the oath day because of a snow day..
I’d suggest you reach out IRCC by email (reply or email to the ceremonies email address from which you receive the Oath Invitation) to see the possibilities what can be done

Last edited:

david1196

Dec 19, 2018
I did my virtual oath today (Mississagua office) and I didn't get any automated reply. I would like to hear people's recent experiences.
Thanks.

david1196

Dec 19, 2018
Sorry, I should rephrase my question:
I did my virtual oath today (Mississagua office). I sent the oath of citizenship signed form this morning via email (CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca) and I didn't get any automated reply that they received my email. I would like to hear people's recent experiences.
Thanks.

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
Completed my Oath on May 24. Sent the signed form after Oath. Received the auto-response from CIC. Then on May 26 I got an email stating that they are still waiting for my oath form so I sent it again via email and also webform. Waiting now. I am signed up for e-certificate.