+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Form submission

smhsmh

Mar 27, 2023
Sorry, I should rephrase my question:
I did my virtual oath today (Mississagua office). I sent the oath of citizenship signed form this morning via email (CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca) and I didn't get any automated reply that they received my email. I would like to hear people's recent experiences.
Thanks.
Different office (NGF) so ymmv. Tldr: you may not want the auto reply. Here's my full story:
1. After the ceremony, I got an email titled "Congratulations" that asked me to reply to the email and attach the form.
2. Notice that the Notice to Appear actually asks for a specific format in the email title when you send the form. I didn't realize you can actually change the title when replying to an email, so I just replied with the default title, something like "Re: Congratulations". I got an auto reply that explicitly said "Take note that any requests received other than the above will automatically be deleted and not processed".
3. I didn't feel right and replied to the Congratulations email again, this time with the correct title format (see your Notice to Appear).
4. Didn't get an auto reply this time and no issues getting my certificate.

Subhashri

May 7, 2020
Hi All,

I completed my oath ceremony on Jan 17th 2023. During the virtual ceremony the agent did not tell any details about the oath form and I forgot to ask too. The other person who conducted the oath said I can just send the signed oath form as a reply to the original email(the email I got with the instructions & oath form) and that would suffice. I never got any replies after sending. I even sent it again to the email specified in the instructions form and still no reply and the online status on the tracker also is the same. What should I do? Do we get any notification that my signed oath form has reached them?

Please help.

Thanks

Hi, how did you get the citizenship certificate then? I am in the same situation. Please let me know if there is any steps we need to do. Thanks

canadianh

Dec 4, 2023
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I misread the instructions for getting the certificate and was waiting for a while to recieve ti by email after sending in my oath form. I didn't realize that it isn't sent to you by email, you make an account or log into the website given in the intructions, click download certificate, and then after enetering some details you get it - if you selected to get it online.