+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony - Questions

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

My Oath ceremony is scheduled on 15-Jun-2018. I have few questions:

1) In the "Notice to Appear" it has mentioned that "All of the Original documents..." does it mean that I should bring all of the documents which I have submitted in my Citizenship Application like IELTS, Notice of Assessment etc or just COPR and PR Card would be enough, apart from the 2 pieces of Personal Identifications

2) My son also got the Oath Invitation but he is 6 years old and a minor, I don't want him to bring for the Citizenship ceremony. Is that okay?

3) In the "PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT" Form, I have to mention my name in "(please print your name)" field and my minor son's name in the bottom part right? Also do I need to put the signature and the date in the presence of CIC officials or can I put the date and signature from home and bring it to the Oath Ceremony?

4) In the "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" Form:

a) On the top right hand side, do I need to put the signature or this field is for Official Use?
b) On the "Declaration" section, do I need to fill the form in the presence of CIC officials or can I do it at home and bring the form for the citizenship ceremony?

Please reply and apologies if these are the silly doubts.

Thanks

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello Guys,

My Oath ceremony is scheduled on 15-Jun-2018. I have few questions:

1) In the "Notice to Appear" it has mentioned that "All of the Original documents..." does it mean that I should bring all of the documents which I have submitted in my Citizenship Application like IELTS, Notice of Assessment etc or just COPR and PR Card would be enough, apart from the 2 pieces of Personal Identifications

2) My son also got the Oath Invitation but he is 6 years old and a minor, I don't want him to bring for the Citizenship ceremony. Is that okay?

3) In the "PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT" Form, I have to mention my name in "(please print your name)" field and my minor son's name in the bottom part right? Also do I need to put the signature and the date in the presence of CIC officials or can I put the date and signature from home and bring it to the Oath Ceremony?

4) In the "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" Form:

a) On the top right hand side, do I need to put the signature or this field is for Official Use?
b) On the "Declaration" section, do I need to fill the form in the presence of CIC officials or can I do it at home and bring the form for the citizenship ceremony?

Please reply and apologies if these are the silly doubts.

Thanks
1. Yes
2. Yes
3.Yes
4.Yes

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
1. Yes
2. Yes
3.Yes
4.Yes
Thanks a lot for your reply. But unfortunately I don't know your 'Yes' is for what?

1) I am taking only my COPR, PR Card, Driving License, Health Card, Passport for my self and for my son. Is that OK?

3) In the "PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT" Form I am going to sign can I put the date and signature from home and bring it to the Oath Ceremony? Is that OK?

4) In the "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" Form I am going to put the signature on the Top right hand side Is that Okay? Also In the "Declaration Form" I am going to fill that form from Home and bring to the CIC Office Is that Okay?

Thanks a lot and awaiting your reply. Sorry if it is annoying you but I am looking for a clear picture.

Thanks

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks a lot for your reply. But unfortunately I don't know your 'Yes' is for what?

1) I am taking only my COPR, PR Card, Driving License, Health Card, Passport for my self and for my son. Is that OK?

3) In the "PERMISSION RELEASE AND CONSENT" Form I am going to sign can I put the date and signature from home and bring it to the Oath Ceremony? Is that OK?

4) In the "PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT" Form I am going to put the signature on the Top right hand side Is that Okay? Also In the "Declaration Form" I am going to fill that form from Home and bring to the CIC Office Is that Okay?

Thanks a lot and awaiting your reply. Sorry if it is annoying you but I am looking for a clear picture.

Thanks
You asked 4 questions..you even numbered them.
You got 4 anwers corresponding to your questions..what's not to understand??

Reactions: derin1010

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
You asked 4 questions..you even numbered them.
You got 4 anwers corresponding to your questions..what's not to understand??
I asked whether I can do 'this' or whether I can do 'that' and I got Yes for all 4 Questions and I am not sure this 'Yes' is for 'this' or for 'that'

Thanks

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Take any and all original documents submitted with the application. That would include your sons. If there is anything you're confused about signing or filling out, take it with you and ask when you get there. It won't be difficult to sign/fill in stuff while you wait.

Reactions: jithucan123

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Practically speaking all you need to carry is PR card (original) which they will retain, COPR (may be requested but will be returned), Oath invite. However it doesn't hurt to carry your passport, ID (driver's license?).
You don't need your notice of assessment, IELTS etc.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Take any and all original documents submitted with the application. That would include your sons. If there is anything you're confused about signing or filling out, take it with you and ask when you get there. It won't be difficult to sign/fill in stuff while you wait.
Thanks a lot for your straight reply dude

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Practically speaking all you need to carry is PR card (original) which they will retain, COPR (may be requested but will be returned), Oath invite. However it doesn't hurt to carry your passport, ID (driver's license?).
Thanks a lot

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
This is what I would have led with, but OP referred to a letter that asked for all original documents. It seemed a little different to what others had reported in the oath letters.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
This is what I would have led with, but OP referred to a letter that asked for all original documents. It seemed a little different to what others had reported in the oath letters.
The oath letter (and some questions on the form ;) ) is worded terribly. My oath letter also talked about "all" original documents for both the test/interview and oath. I took everything for the test as my application was still under evaluation in that stage and they could have wanted proof of any claims made by me. It makes little sense for them to view IELTS scores at the oath :) I know someone will chime in that the application is not complete until the oath is taken but that is just technical minutiae. Reality is that IRCC staff understand the oath is a celebration of a journey's end and make it as easy as possible. All they wanted was my PR card (not even COPR). Checked my name off a list, made me sign and that was it!

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
As to question 3 & 4 -
I signed the release form at home and dated it a day before the oath. It's fine. It's just a requirement and doesn't reflect whether your ceremony is recorded or not. It allows people to take photos of the ceremony without infringing other participant's privacy. They also broadcast the ceremony on a TV outside the room for attendants of small children that were being disruptive.

Question 4 - the prohibitions form wasn't mailed to me; we signed it at check in time before oath. I cannot comment on whether the date matters or not. Leave it blank and date it at the ceremony??

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi guys,
Another question. In my Oath invitation email there is no Prohibitions Form attachment. Is this normal?