Good luck everyone !

Sirine
congrats!

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
The eCAS got updated 2 days ago with oath date. Taking oath tomorrow !

All:
Ottawa office does not have a judge of their own. The judge comes in every 3rd week of the month.

That's why all oath dates from Ottawa seem to always pour in in the 3rd week of every month (except for that surprising ceremony from Oct. 8th, if you guys remember).
Therefore here is the deal: if you pass your test today, expect your oath on the 3rd week of November. If that doesn't happen, then you'll certainly be scheduled for the 3rd week on December. That is why most people in Ottawa get their oath around between 4-8 weeks (average of 6 weeks) after their test.
From my observing, Ottawa has the shortest test-to-oath waiting time. That is good.

You can use the above info to estimate what week your oath will happen.
Hi AsianIndian,

Our test date was a little over a week from your test date. We were still kinda hopeful of getting an oath invite in about 1-2 weeks, so I guess if your theory is correct, that one week test date difference would translate to an additional month of waiting.

MariaMe

Oct 22, 2015
AsianIndian said:
Today I received my oath letter for this Friday 23rd ! :D :D :D
Oath exactly 6 weeks after test.
My journey's almost over finally :D :D :D :D
My our test was on Sept. 10, so a day before AsianIndian. The eCas changed for both my husband and I the next day (our son's hasn't changed), but still no oath letter...I've found myself double checking the mail box!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
The timelines can be only a general indication. It all depends on each case file, the CO, and who knows what else...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirine1 said:
Proud Canadian :p :p :p
The ceremony was very nice

Thank you everyone for your help and support

Good luck everyone !

Sirine
Congratulations Sirine1 !!! :D :D :D
Me too ! :D

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:
Hi AsianIndian,

Our test date was a little over a week from your test date. We were still kinda hopeful of getting an oath invite in about 1-2 weeks, so I guess if your theory is correct, that one week test date difference would translate to an additional month of waiting.
It is not just a theory. I was told that at my post-test interview. I was told that the judge comes once a month on the 3rd week. That means if you missed the October ceremonies, you'll probably be taking oath on the week of Nov. 16th. But keep checking your mailbox as anything can happen/change with CIC. But most likely you'll see your oath invitation letter in your mailbox in the week of Nov. 9th the latest.

MariaMe said:
My our test was on Sept. 10, so a day before AsianIndian. The eCas changed for both my husband and I the next day (our son's hasn't changed), but still no oath letter...I've found myself double checking the mail box!
You'll probably be scheduled for the week of Nov. 16th.
I got 20/20 in the test. Maybe a member of your family didn't get 100% ? Maybe that's why I got scheduled before you. I don't know. I read here someone saying that people who score 100% at the test get some sort of "priority". I don't know how true that is. I am just speculating here, as CIC can be pretty unpredictable. Bottom line is: if you have your Decision Made status since September, you'll most likely take your oath on the 3rd week of November (since you already missed both the 3rd week of September and the 3rd week of October. Usually that's the maximum with Ottawa. Ottawa is pretty quick, if not the quickest at scheduling oaths, from what I have seen in this forum)

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
when i go to Find a Citizenship Ceremony website, Ottawa has just disappeared. I assume they are updating with new ceremony dates.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
when i go to Find a Citizenship Ceremony website, Ottawa has just disappeared. I assume they are updating with new ceremony dates.
Yes! Ottawa goes off the list when no oath dates are scheduled, and comes back as soon as new ceremonies are scheduled.

Cheers,

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oath ceremony dates have been updated as of Nov 3, 4:28pm EST.

Sadly, no Ottawa dates are listed...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:

Only one day? I can't see anything yet on the list.

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:

I got oath letter for 23rd Nov. After loooooooooooooooooong :D time hufffffffffffff Oh my god it was very long and scary time for me thanks god.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
pan1234 said:
I got oath letter for 23rd Nov. After loooooooooooooooooong :D time hufffffffffffff Oh my god it was very long and scary time for me thanks god.
Nice congrats. Just the letter or ecas too?

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
johoja said:
Nice congrats. Just the letter or ecas too?
My ecas is also updated. Oath on Nov 23

A question to you guys. I know they take your PR when you get the oath. Do you know if you can reenter canada using the citizenship certificate?

I have travel plans first week of December will I need to get the expedite passport?

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:
My ecas is also updated. Oath on Nov 23

A question to you guys. I know they take your PR when you get the oath. Do you know if you can reenter canada using the citizenship certificate?

I have travel plans first week of December will I need to get the expedite passport?
Thanks, I have the same question :) I do not think you can use citizenship certificate, but pay additional fee and go for urgent process which takes 2days and some times you can pick same day evening. You can see on passportcanada.gc.ca