+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Any body else for Nov 23 ( or otherwise in nov) oath ceremonies?

When was the last oath held in ottawa and what test dates got covered in that ceremony - any insights...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Any body else for Nov 23 ( or otherwise in nov) oath ceremonies?

When was the last oath held in ottawa and what test dates got covered in that ceremony - any insights...
Ottawa does not have a judge of their own. A judge comes in on the 3rd week of every month and holds multiple ceremonies. So expect to see many ceremonies (one, two or may 3 per day) on the week of Nov 23. If you don't have oath on that week, then next oaths are going to be held on the 3rd week of December and so on and so forth. Many Ottawa applicants are going to receive oath letters this week and next week for the ceremonies to be held on the week of Nov. 23.
Apparently the 3rd week actually means the one-but-last week of every month...

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:
My ecas is also updated. Oath on Nov 23

A question to you guys. I know they take your PR when you get the oath. Do you know if you can reenter canada using the citizenship certificate?

I have travel plans first week of December will I need to get the expedite passport?
To re-enter you will need the passport.
From my experience I found Ottawa passport office very fast. I applied in person for Regular Processing (I marked travel date as "Unknown" in the application). They said it will take 10 business days, and then exactly one week later I received the passport in my mailbox (They had sent it with Express post) ! It only took them 3 business days to process, I was impressed.
So, it really depends on your travel dates if you want to take the chance with regular processing and hope that it only takes one week like mine. Otherwise, if your dates are too soon and you don't want to risk it, you may want to consider Urgent Processing instead.

MariaMe

Oct 22, 2015
Yeyyy!!! My eCas was just updated (It says updated Tuesdays but I checked it this morning and it wasn't updated the so this happened in the past hours).

My oath ceremony is November 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM :) :) :) :)

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariaMe said:
Yeyyy!!! My eCas was just updated (It says updated Tuesdays but I checked it this morning and it wasn't updated the so this happened in the past hours).

My oath ceremony is November 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM :) :) :) :)
Congrats, what's your timeline?

MariaMe

Oct 22, 2015
hgn said:
timeline...when did you apply? etc?
Application Sent - Jan 8, 2015
Application Received - Mar 09, 2015
In Process - June 9, 2015
Test - Sept 10, 2015
Decision Made - Sept 12, 2015
Notice to appear for oath - Nov 9, 2015 (according to website, I haven't received it)
Oath of citizenship - Nov 24, 1.15pm

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Buddha1906 said:
Anyone submitted fingerprint and has received letter for oath? What is your timeline?
the unlucky ones we have to wait probably 2 extra months in accord of people who have posted their timelines and being in the same situation. :'(

Buddha1906

Nov 12, 2015
betoherman said:
the unlucky ones we have to wait probably 2 extra months in accord of people who have posted their timelines and being in the same situation. :'(
Patience..hope it does not take longer than that

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas updated - Oath on Nov 26 for my family...Nice!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
@hgn Congrats! What time on Nov 26?

Just checked our eCAS and surprised to find DM and oath invite for Nov 26 10:30 am... Happy!!
So eCAS may not update to DM right away yet you may still get the oath invite within 2 months as
told at the interview...