Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

NEW UPDATE FOR OTTAWA !!!

New ceremonies in Ottawa on NOV 10,12,13
did anyone got invitation for ceremony ??

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Still very slow.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
bidur78 said:
Ceremony in Ottawa is very limited.Ottawa really sucks.!! :mad:
I agree with you it's very limited, in Montreal there is 4 ceremony in month in different local office , and now they made a new law if you take citizenship test and you pass they give you oath letter in the same day and they do the ceremony in that day , I have freinds sent them a lettre to appear and write the test written on it with that notice that mean everything will be done in same day ,I hope that will happen in Ottawa office too.

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
I'm taking the test at the end of the month. Have we heard if there are any oath ceremonies in December? Also how long does it typically take to move from the test to the final stage (if one is not asked for extra documentation? Does anyone know?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
I agree with you it's very limited, in Montreal there is 4 ceremony in month in different local office , and now they made a new law if you take citizenship test and you pass they give you oath letter in the same day and they do the ceremony in that day , I have freinds sent them a lettre to appear and write the test written on it with that notice that mean everything will be done in same day ,I hope that will happen in Ottawa office too.
Yeah! Montreal is well equipped with five appointed citizenship judges:
1. Giroux, Renée
2. Johnson, Veronica
3. Osmane, Farid
4. Paine, Andrea and
5. Senécal-Tremblay, Marie
Ottawa has none.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LApollo said:
I'm taking the test at the end of the month. Have we heard if there are any oath ceremonies in December? Also how long does it typically take to move from the test to the final stage (if one is not asked for extra documentation? Does anyone know?
Usually, next month oath schedule appears on CIC website by the second half of the current month. Please go to: www.cic.gc.ca and search for "find citizenship ceremony".

From the test (passed) to oath ceremony in Ottawa, please count two to six months even though during the interview, the officer tells you that you are going to be invited in one to three months. However, you may be lucky to do your oath ceremony the same day.

Good luck on your exam!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello all

Any updates ?

i don't see anyone got invited for the November 10,12,13 ceremonies !! what's up !

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello all

Any updates ?

i don't see anyone got invited for the November 10,12,13 ceremonies !! what's up !
I also still have some little hope but nothing yet in mailbox.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Yeah! Montreal is well equipped with five appointed citizenship judges:
1. Giroux, Renée
2. Johnson, Veronica
3. Osmane, Farid
4. Paine, Andrea and
5. Senécal-Tremblay, Marie
Ottawa has none.
It is not related to the Judges anymore, it is the new process where the Citizenship officer makes the decision for straightforward cases.
This started in Toronto, now spread recently to Montreal and should become the norm everywhere else

bidur78

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Ottawa2013,

Still no oath invitation..I have a feeling that we will get it in January..two months no RQ..its good sign,isn't it ?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Do you mean 4 ceremonies per day?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
It is not related to the Judges anymore, it is the new process where the Citizenship officer makes the decision for straightforward cases.
This started in Toronto, now spread recently to Montreal and should become the norm everywhere else
Your statement maybe true, but how Ottawa could follow that model originated from Toronto without citizenship judge to preside the oath ceremony?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello all

Any updates ?

No news on my side.
Cheers,

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
beauhoe said:
Do you mean 4 ceremonies per day?
Yes 4 ceremonies per days sometimes 8 ,4 ceremonies in the morning , 4 afternoon , in different local office ,they are doing a great job in Montreal office , we hope that happen in Ottawa .

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Yes 4 ceremonies per days sometimes 8 ,4 ceremonies in the morning , 4 afternoon , in different local office ,they are doing a great job in Montreal office , we hope that happen in Ottawa .
Dear elen1984,
I envy Montreal applicants.

Cheers,