+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NYC visitor application

Nyc_to_ont

Mar 19, 2020
Hi all,

I applied for a visitor visa from nyc (passport is from Pakistan). I read previous forum posts mentioning visa processing won't be delayed. The current status of my application states under processing.
I understand that these are exceptional circumstances and there might be a slight delay. But, my point of confusion is how will I be able to do my biometrics if the NYC VFS centre is closed?
I checked their website and they posted yesterday of the change (march 18) without mentioning a date for reopening of offices.

Thank you, any help and guidance would be appreciated.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Did you receive the request for the Biometrics?
how will I be able to do my biometrics if the NYC VFS centre is closed?
You have no choice but to check their website for updates. All you can do is wait. For now Canada is closing its borders to non-citizens and anyone not holding permanent residence status, with the exception of U.S. citizens.

Last edited:

Nyc_to_ont

Mar 19, 2020
Did you receive the request for the Biometrics?

You have no choice but to check their website for updates. All you can do is wait. For now Canada is closing its borders to non-citizens and anyone not holding permanent residence status, with the exception of U.S. citizens.
No haven't received the request yet and don't think I'm going to get it anytime soon.

Waiting is all to do. My visitor visa in US is also near expiry and not sure what the best course to take right now.

I saw posts here saying the visa processing wouldn't be delayed but I think it is for now, which is making things complicated for everyone.

Nyc_to_ont

Mar 19, 2020
Keep checking the website most likely it will open end of march or first week of april 2020 . Wait for the request for biometrics from IRCC first.
Yes, but even then, do you think the visa processing times will be delayed even further?
I checked processing times early March from NYC and it was showing 2-5 weeks. A week back it was showing 11 days. Right now? I don't even know how long, which would require me to make a decision soon given my stay in the US is limited too.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yes, but even then, do you think the visa processing times will be delayed even further?
I checked processing times early March from NYC and it was showing 2-5 weeks. A week back it was showing 11 days. Right now? I don't even know how long, which would require me to make a decision soon given my stay in the US is limited too.
1. Probably be a moot point, since the border is expected to closed starting late Friday/Saturday, except for essential travelers. Essential is now defined as "There are exceptions to the ban, including aircrews, diplomats, and healthcare workers. "

Nyc_to_ont

Mar 19, 2020
Hi

1. Probably be a moot point, since the border is expected to closed starting late Friday/Saturday, except for essential travelers. Essential is now defined as "There are exceptions to the ban, including aircrews, diplomats, and healthcare workers. "
Yeah I mean, I am not even thinking about travel right, just hoping my visa application gets processed hence saving me a lot of time in the future. Although being able to go before my visa expires would be a sigh of relief.

Nyc_to_ont

Mar 19, 2020
Yeah fingers crossed!
ifs not easy to get approval applying from third country and not from your country of residence. don't worry about processing times, your USA visa is about to expire and you are applying for Canada visa - your intentions might be legit but VO thinks otherwise.
Yeah fingers crossed!