+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nurse needing help for live in caregiver application

sweettooth18

Jun 13, 2012
Hi everyone. I am a registered Filipino nurse interested w/ the Live in caregiver program. I have come across these qualifications, and I have questions regarding it. I hope you would be able to help me understand and give me advice.

1. Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian high school education.
2. Six months of continuous full-time training or 12 months of experience in paid employment in a caregiving
field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver.
-- If you are a licensed registered nurse, with experience, you are normally considered to meet this requirement. - as what I have understood I no longer need to undergo training in TESDA right?

Experience
In order to meet the criteria for experience, you must have completed one year of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer, in that field or
occupation. Your experience must have been obtained within the three years immediately prior to the day.If your caregiver-related work experience was within the Philippines, you need to submit, along with your
employment certificate(s), proof of your employer's contributions to the Social Security System and/or
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, as issued by SSS and/or PhilHealth.

-- Sadly I have only volunteer experience and worked for almost a year now as a private duty nurse. I did not go for an agency and so I do not have the Philhealth or SSS contribution. I am thinking of asking my patient to enroll me with this, but still I don't know if that would be possible..For the employment certificate, how will I be able to produce this? My patient and her physician would be able to provide a document, however, I'm not sure if this would be acceptable.

3. Ability to speak, read and understand either English or French. --I still need to take the IELTS exam but is there a certain score?

4. You must have a valid employment contract with your prospective employer. --I'm still waiting for the response from my prospective employer, however, if things don't work out, then I must be prepared. Do you have any suggestions how I may be able to find employers? any website?

Really appreciate all your feedback. Thank's in advance.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
sweettooth18 said:
Hi everyone. I am a registered Filipino nurse interested w/ the Live in caregiver program. I have come across these qualifications, and I have questions regarding it. I hope you would be able to help me understand and give me advice.

1. Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian high school education.
2. Six months of continuous full-time training or 12 months of experience in paid employment in a caregiving
field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver.
-- If you are a licensed registered nurse, with experience, you are normally considered to meet this requirement. - as what I have understood I no longer need to undergo training in TESDA right?

Experience
In order to meet the criteria for experience, you must have completed one year of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer, in that field or
occupation. Your experience must have been obtained within the three years immediately prior to the day.If your caregiver-related work experience was within the Philippines, you need to submit, along with your
employment certificate(s), proof of your employer's contributions to the Social Security System and/or
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, as issued by SSS and/or PhilHealth.

-- Sadly I have only volunteer experience and worked for almost a year now as a private duty nurse. I did not go for an agency and so I do not have the Philhealth or SSS contribution. I am thinking of asking my patient to enroll me with this, but still I don't know if that would be possible..For the employment certificate, how will I be able to produce this? My patient and her physician would be able to provide a document, however, I'm not sure if this would be acceptable.

3. Ability to speak, read and understand either English or French. --I still need to take the IELTS exam but is there a certain score?

4. You must have a valid employment contract with your prospective employer. --I'm still waiting for the response from my prospective employer, however, if things don't work out, then I must be prepared. Do you have any suggestions how I may be able to find employers? any website?

Really appreciate all your feedback. Thank's in advance.

number 1. you don't need to take 6 months course
number 2. you should have your philhealth and SSS VOLUNTARILY with or without work as far as I know. :)
number 3. IELTS score 7??? not sure..
number 4. just search nanny jobs canada, then you will find a lot of websites. :)

brat826

Jun 20, 2012
hi we're in the same dilemna..I received my LMO today and I'm filling out my application forms to be sent to the embassy..I never went to any caregiver school I just took the TeSDa exam..by the way im grace 23, RN but no working experience as a nurse Im currently working in a call center..I haven't taken the IELTS exam yet..My aunties are my employers in CAnada..hope we can be of help to one another.:)

Does anyone knows what's next after submitting all the forms to the Embassy?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

brat826 said:
hi we're in the same dilemna..I received my LMO today and I'm filling out my application forms to be sent to the embassy..I never went to any caregiver school I just took the TeSDa exam..by the way im grace 23, RN but no working experience as a nurse Im currently working in a call center..I haven't taken the IELTS exam yet..My aunties are my employers in CAnada..hope we can be of help to one another.:)

Does anyone knows what's next after submitting all the forms to the Embassy?
1. No experience as L/I Caregiver, No 6 months training course, never worked as nurse, IMHO, I think you can expect a refusal.

eam

Aug 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone.. I'm a caregiver graduate, passed the caregiver NC II in TESDA, 3yrs. in nursing but i don't have any experienced as a caregiver. I want to apply in canada as a live-in caregiver. Now, I am planning to work as a DH in Hongkong just to process my papers there because it takes only 6-8months because here in the Philippines it takes 12-24months. I just want to know, if I still need to have 1 experinced in Hongkong? And do I still need the reference letter?

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012 Sent to CEM:..: 31-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused, October 12, 2012
eam said:
hello everyone.. I'm a caregiver graduate, passed the caregiver NC II in TESDA, 3yrs. in nursing but i don't have any experienced as a caregiver. I want to apply in canada as a live-in caregiver. Now, I am planning to work as a DH in Hongkong just to process my papers there because it takes only 6-8months because here in the Philippines it takes 12-24months. I just want to know, if I still need to have 1 experinced in Hongkong? And do I still need the reference letter?
I have two friends who are succesfully settled in Canada now and they started with what you have in mind. Yes, if you can, go to Hongkong as a DH, but be patient to finish a year contract there then while there, apply as Caregiver to Canada through agencies in Hongkong. Timing mo na by the time your contract ends in HK, you have already your work permit as caregiver in Canada. It seems mas mura and magagasta mo sa agency sa HK and, yes, processing time is faster. The agencies in HK can give you more information and supplement this by serarching in the net. Good luck!

eam

Aug 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much lianacona..
Kasi yung asawa ng pinsan ko, magfinished contract na sya sa May 2013 in Canada.. ako sana papalit sa kanya kung makaalis ako puntang Hongkong.. Thank you ulit and God Bless!

eam

Aug 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
should i need to have 1 year experienced but I have caregiver certificate?

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
eam said:
should i need to have 1 year experienced but I have caregiver certificate?
Your 6 months caregiver course is enough to be qualified, but processing in Manila takes long, as you said. I've also known applicants who applied direct from here. I think if your target date is May 2013, you'll have enough time. Just be quick in your processing. If you can have the lmo and contract, maybe you can go to an agency and ask if your case can be expedited. There are other threads here about the live-in cargiver program..Explore. Also pls. see this website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

Then read the information for live-in caregivers. This is the embassy website in Manila.. Explore their website.

eam

Aug 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i will not process my papers here in the Philippines, I'm planning to process my papers in Hongkong if I work there. I'm planning to work there for just 6months then I will apply in live-in caregiver program, is it okay? Thank you :)

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
eam said:
i will not process my papers here in the Philippines, I'm planning to process my papers in Hongkong if I work there. I'm planning to work there for just 6months then I will apply in live-in caregiver program, is it okay? Thank you :)
If u can get a 6month contract in HK, very good and much better. Instead of spending your time here sa Phil, you get experience sa HK while applying there. Faster pa. Timing mo na by May 2013, you can leave for Canada. Strive to folo ur time table. U have employer in HK already? From the website which I gave you, it says na 6-months training as in the Caregiving course and 6 months paid experience are the requirements for a caregiving work permit. Pero depende pa rin sa employer mo kung mabigyan ka ng lmo at contract. And yes, processing in HK is faster. Saan ba sa Canada?

eam

Aug 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa alberta po sila, hindi ko po kasi sure kung ako po ung papalit.. yah, i already have employer in HK, sana kung maayos ko papers ko, baka po nextmonth ang alis ko, need ko po kasing magtraining at maipasa yung household services sa tesda kasi kailangan daw po yun pagpupunta ng Hongkong. Pag naka1year na lang po siguro ako sa HK then apply na lang po ako para sigurado.
Thank u..

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Sa mga nagtapos ng caregiving course at nag aapply as caregiver sa Canada, kailangan ba ng TESDA certification?

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
eam said:
you need to work at least 1 year in HK,, that's the rule when you will apply in Canada