+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NSNP (a few questions about PNP in general)

May 27, 2020
I posted in another thread, but felt like maybe I should create my own.

1. Can somebody apply for PNP (mid-skilled worker with a job offer with a company they’ve been with for 5 years as a temporary foreign worker) IF they also have a child n the country?

2. If you apply and are refused a nomination, can you apply again next year? I’ve read that you can’t apply for 5 years if you are refused, but is that only applicable if you’ve been dishonest in an application?

3. If you are in the country as a temporary foreign worker and apply for PNP, what happens if your work permit ends before your nomination? Do you apply to extend your work permit or go home? If you go home, how do you travel back to Canada. Will the PNP have an impact on applying for a work visa the following year?

4. Along with #3 - can you work if you have received the PNP and have applied to IRCC? Does that require a specific work visa?

5. Is it worth it to hire a lawyer to assist with this process? I have contacted a few but they are incredibly expensive and I am debating on whether or not I can do it on my own.

Thank you in advance! I have been googling, but finding conflicting answers.