+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
I did my first medical in May 2016, But in august 2017 CIC send an email for re medical of my wife as she is not in canada and for my medical they extend it till 2018, even I exit canada multiple times for few weeks during my application process.

I think its not about exit and entry , actually CIC sydney office send a request to CIC Ottawa to review for extension if they approve so they will extend it other wise re medical should be requested.

You can also check the status of your medical in GCMS notes.
In my GCMS notes they extend it to August 2018 but last month I was on vacation and exit canada for few weeks so I receive an email from MP that your medical is extended till March 2018.

I don't know the reason why they reduce the time of my extension may be I exit the country..
I haven't received my notes from October yet. September notes showed the file was at cio-meds in sydney. I have called cic every week recently and they kept saying my medical is expired and an officer has not made a decision to extend it or not.

Even though it is anot her 500 bucks to r do the exam, I just booked my exams for this week anyways. I'm tired of waiting for every single step being excessively delayed. I'm hoping to use it for my new ee application which I'll submit this week. I was going to wait until they extend the existing one to avoid redoing the exam on my own. But I'm just going to do it. I figured doing something (even useless) is less damaging than waiting endlessly.

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Are you an inland applicant?
Did you leave the country after your first medical exam?
Did they ask you to do a second medical exam? If yes, was it at least 15 months after the first medical exam?

I'm in a similar situation. Applied in Nov. 2015. Inland. Did upfront medicals in July 2016. Medicals expired in July 2017. In mid September 2017 my file was sent to CIO-Meds for extension or request for new medicals (but not sure what's going on now). I have not left the country in the past 4 years.

CIC bulletin says medicals can be extended within the first 15 months of its validity. Mine has already gone beyond 15 months... They have not requested anything yet. I am debating if I should just do another medical? and also use it for my EE application which I am submitting it in the next 2 days...

Thank you.
Your medicals will be extended if not they would request.. and yes to all of ur above questions my friend

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Most likely yours is done too. If there is no one working on your file then the status shows pending. That's why I'm just submitting my ee application in a few days. The bottom line is since there are limited resources working on the paper based applications, no matter how quickly third party agencies work, paper based applications always lag. Spent 24 months of my life to come to this conclusion. Decided not to apply thru ee 11 month ago when I had finally received an ITA. Spending another 2000 bucks (fees for ee application, ielts, new med exam).
No it's not done since I followed up with MP, CIC, and CBSA. All I know is CSIS completed SS 4 months ago. There is no difference between EE and PNP if they send your file for SS. I know many people in EE who are waiting for more than a year. Most likely they will send you EE application to SS again since this one is in SS. How did you confirm that CBSA responded to CIC??

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
No it's not done since I followed up with MP, CIC, and CBSA. All I know is CSIS completed SS 4 months ago. There is no difference between EE and PNP if they send your file for SS. I know many people in EE who are waiting for more than a year. Most likely they will send you EE application to SS again since this one is in SS. How did you confirm that CBSA responded to CIC??
Yes, but if there is like one person handling all these paperbased backlogs, imagine how fast they can finalize your application. EE has more resources and is better steamlined. I rather be out of this wait time sooner than later as it's damaging my health.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Yes, but if there is like one person handling all these paperbased backlogs, imagine how fast they can finalize your application. EE has more resources and is better steamlined. I rather be out of this wait time sooner than later as it's damaging my health.
I just don't want to spend another 3000 dollars. It is alot of money. I need it to go through my daily life. If CIC could offer some discount on the second application, such as buy one get one for free, I will definitely apply again through EE.

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
I just don't want to spend another 3000 dollars. It is alot of money. I need it to go through my daily life. If CIC could offer some discount on the second application, such as buy one get one for free, I will definitely apply again through EE.
Hahaha I know. But my health is worth more. Even if the new application takes longer at leat I feel better knowing that I'm doing something about it than not.

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
Reminder Email: 19-July-2016
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
Do it my friend. Its better than crying in these forums. Atleast you will have peace of mind that u have done your best.
Do not wait

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
I feel like my life is over. And i am having a feeling that i wont be getting ppr before mid or end of 2018. Some how i just feel like its not going to end soon or any good

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
Same. I will definitely apply EE if it's free. hahah

How was that ME thing? Have you figure it out?

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
What do you guys think how much more long till we get ppr? This lot has already hit 25months now. So how much longer do you guys think they will drag our applications till we get ppr? Or is there a situation that they might refuse us??

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
I did my first medical in May 2016, But in august 2017 CIC send an email for re medical of my wife as she is not in canada and for my medical they extend it till 2018, even I exit canada multiple times for few weeks during my application process.

I think its not about exit and entry , actually CIC sydney office send a request to CIC Ottawa to review for extension if they approve so they will extend it other wise re medical should be requested.

You can also check the status of your medical in GCMS notes.
In my GCMS notes they extend it to August 2018 but last month I was on vacation and exit canada for few weeks so I receive an email from MP that your medical is extended till March 2018.

I don't know the reason why they reduce the time of my extension may be I exit the country..
Hi
If i am correct you are also from pakistan?
And you have hit 27months now?
I am also with spouse and from pakistan but inland applicant. Wife is back home. Only i am stuck in ss while rest is done of me and both spouse. Spouses ss is also done. Im hitting 24month on dec 2nd. Please share your notes and where are you stuck and are you going to wait longer now or thinking for ee or something?
Justwant to get an idea