+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Are we politely being asked to leave? We are young people who are going through our most important years of our lives. Naturally we have two basic choices to make. 1. To recognize the value of these precious years and move on with our lives and careers in a different country. 2. Wait for another 12 to 24 months until practicality our energy and career goals are tempered enough such that we can no longer reach the level of progress and achievement we have been wishing for. The reality is we have been put into this limbo and left with our natural choices.

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
Reminder Email: 19-July-2016
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
My medical is expiring on 26 Nov 2017, and my medical status changed from Passed to - If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.

Checked it again after 5 mins, In details section of my application, it says your action is required?

I went for upfront medical for express entry, can that be the reason?

Last edited:

MASOOD85

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
19-06-2015
They are not working on our applications at all and our best option is court and mandamus. I saw many people with completed CSIS SS in 2016 and early 2017 but nothing changed in their recent notes. I am not going to apply for EE because it's the same thing and only waste of money.
How you can check from CSIS notes that your security check was completed in 2016 December

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
How you can check from CSIS notes that your security check was completed in 2016 December
I did not say mine was completed in Dec 2016 but from your CSIS note you can check the summary page to see when advice was sent to CBSA. Also, you can ask for an official CSIS status letter that you will receive the date when they completed your security screening.

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

Good news!! My wife received passport request(it took almost 2 years) today.

She is the primary applicant here and I am the dependent. She got a request letter in CIC account for the same.

How do I get the same for myself? Or only her PPR request is enough?

We are outland applicants and my wife is requested to submit passport to VFS global.

Reactions: Chann13jan2016

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Guys,

Good news!! My wife received passport request(it took almost 2 years) today.

She is the primary applicant here and I am the dependent. She got a request letter in CIC account for the same.

How do I get the same for myself? Or only her PPR request is enough?

We are outland applicants and my wife is requested to submit passport to VFS global.
Congradulations. Were you in security? Did you ever get any gcnotes or CSIS report?

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Congradulations. Were you in security? Did you ever get any gcnotes or CSIS report?
No i dint apply for notes. I was about to apply today. But got luck today. My wife's timeline below.
Visa office: New Delhi, India
So she applied in july 2015 in express entry with 433 crs.
Nov2015: applied for Ontario pnp
Dec2015: received AOR.Ontario received her application
Oct2016: Ontario asked for additional docs
Dec2016: got nomination from Ontario that made the score to 1033
Dec2016: received ITA
Feb2017: medicals done and sent the PR application. Paid all the respective fees. Got AOR for the paid fees.
April 2017: medical passed. Background changed from in progress to not applicable
6th Sept'17: Received passport request. And background status got changed to in progress again.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
No i dint apply for notes. I was about to apply today. But got luck today. My wife's timeline below.
Visa office: New Delhi, India
So she applied in july 2015 in express entry with 433 crs.
Nov2015: applied for Ontario pnp
Dec2015: received AOR.Ontario received her application
Oct2016: Ontario asked for additional docs
Dec2016: got nomination from Ontario that made the score to 1033
Dec2016: received ITA
Feb2017: medicals done and sent the PR application. Paid all the respective fees. Got AOR for the paid fees.
April 2017: medical passed. Background changed from in progress to not applicable
6th Sept'17: Received passport request. And background status got changed to in progress again.
Thank you for all the data. It is funny BGC change to in progress again.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Same funny response from IRCC: security screening ongoing despite CSIS submitted their part, file in CIO, no update and due date!! It's a joke and we do not have any idea what the problem is!

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Same funny response from IRCC: security screening ongoing despite CSIS submitted their part, file in CIO, no update and due date!! It's a joke and we do not have any idea what the problem is!
This is the response from cbsa:

"The Canada Border Services Agency provides comprehensive security recommendations to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as the government department responsible for immigration files."

They asked to follow up with ircc to get the status as ircc is the responsible party for the applications not cbsa which is understandable.

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
This is the response from cbsa:

"The Canada Border Services Agency provides comprehensive security recommendations to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as the government department responsible for immigration files."

They asked to follow up with ircc to get the status as ircc is the responsible party for the applications not cbsa which is understandable.
How did you contact CBSA? it means CBSA gives adivce to IRCC abruptly after CSIS provides them SS results ??

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
How did you contact CBSA? it means CBSA gives adivce to IRCC abruptly after CSIS provides them SS results ??
Contacted them via email.
Cbsa coordinates the ss process. They collect input from various agencies and then make a security admissibility determination and advise the results to ircc. Obviously cbsa is overloaded with work and more delays are expected. I doubt they prioritize cases based on the ircc AOR dates. They probably prioritize cases at least according to the date they receive all inputs from their various sources. That means EE applicants have always an advantage over us as their file gets to cbsa within the first 6 to 8 months of AOR. Whereas mine got there after 18 months of AOR. Add another 12 months and that's when I may get ppr.

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
Contacted them via email.
Cbsa coordinates the ss process. They collect input from various agencies and then make a security admissibility determination and advise the results to ircc. Obviously cbsa is overloaded with work and more delays are expected. I doubt they prioritize cases based on the ircc AOR dates. They probably prioritize cases at least according to the date they receive all inputs from their various sources. That means EE applicants have always an advantage over us as their file gets to cbsa within the first 6 to 8 months of AOR. Whereas mine got there after 18 months of AOR. Add another 12 months and that's when I may get ppr.
I dnt think CBSA gives final verdict... its CSIS who has more weightage in SS and admissibility decision