+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

Stressed404

Feb 9, 2024
Hi all new to the thread. Timeline below
Application Submitted - 20th Nov (applied in September but bounced back for an error)
AOR - 7th Dec
OWP application - 8th Dec
BIL - 18th Dec
Pre Arrival Letter- 19th Dec
AIP - 10th Jan
2nd AIP - 30th Jan (not sure why)
MIL - 9th Feb

no word on OWP which is driving me nuts. I don’t need a medical and have had OWP before so thought it would be quicker. I’ve lined my GCKey that shows both my OWP (no updates at all) and my PR (with the newest update Today for medical).
on the tracker I can on,y link and find my PR applixation (not my OWP sadly). That is showing Bio’s complete and eligibility complete, medical not started (only got that today) and like all of us, working on background.
not so worried about my PR processing length but I sure could do with my OWP so I can start earning again. It’s a killer.

how’s everyone else?
TODAY I got my “final decision“ update on my SOWP. No sign yet but least someone is looking at it.

Aug 3, 2023
Yes i did that. But there isn’t any update yet. Been 2 days. Any idea how long can it take?
I applied to sponsor my husband in Oct, & he had completed his medical upfront as well. He also received request for medical, although we submitted it with original application. We contacted IRCC & were also told to not do another medical, they could see it on file already (confirmation of it being received on PR tracker as well). That was 2 months ago, & both medical & background checks are still in progress on PR tracker. We received eligibility confirmation twice, both in Dec after confirmation of another medical not needed through our phone call to IRCC.

we then received notification that the medical wasn’t completed in time; so I called again. IRCC said to ignore that message as they do indeed have it.

I believe I had read somewhere on one of the sign in pages that the medical may be delayed in marking complete until the application review has been completed if a prior medical has been done. It was a notice of technical issue they were experiencing. I’m pretty sure that it was on the PR tracker sign in.

That’s been our experience, if that gives any comfort. I’d like to say don’t worry about it, but I know it feels.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I applied to sponsor my husband in Oct, & he had completed his medical upfront as well. He also received request for medical, although we submitted it with original application. We contacted IRCC & were also told to not do another medical, they could see it on file already (confirmation of it being received on PR tracker as well). That was 2 months ago, & both medical & background checks are still in progress on PR tracker. We received eligibility confirmation twice, both in Dec after confirmation of another medical not needed through our phone call to IRCC.

we then received notification that the medical wasn’t completed in time; so I called again. IRCC said to ignore that message as they do indeed have it.

I believe I had read somewhere on one of the sign in pages that the medical may be delayed in marking complete until the application review has been completed if a prior medical has been done. It was a notice of technical issue they were experiencing. I’m pretty sure that it was on the PR tracker sign in.

That’s been our experience, if that gives any comfort. I’d like to say don’t worry about it, but I know it feels.
did it eventually get marked to complete?