+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

Stressed404

Feb 9, 2024
How many days took you to receive AIP or SA after eligibility completed?
we got aor in 3 weeks and got AIP spmdor approval early Jan. Pretty much all of it was quick to be honest. My only delay was OWP that took longer than I’d like and now of course, background checks which I know can be the longest part.
My timeline ps somewhere in this thread so click on my profile and it’ll show you.

bobolumar

Dec 8, 2023
Today both me and my sponsor received an email from IRCC to confirm our eligibility, but still no update on my OWP and it's out of the standard processing timeo_O. I believe the next step will be PPR or CoPR. Hope all the best; maybe the PR comes first and I don't need OWP.

Reactions: Justin618

Justin618

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Today both me and my sponsor received an email from IRCC to confirm our eligibility, but still no update on my OWP and it's out of the standard processing timeo_O. I believe the next step will be PPR or CoPR. Hope all the best; maybe the PR comes first and I don't need OWP.
Did you submitted OWP before received the PR AOR? I remember we have to submitted OWP after have PR application number.

bobolumar

Dec 8, 2023
Did you submitted OWP before received the PR AOR? I remember we have to submitted OWP after have PR application number.
you are right. As posted on the IRCC website, one should only apply for OWP after the AOR unless the TRV is expiring soon. Therefore, my case has high risk of delay or even rejection. Fingers crossed for it to progress as normal.

Justin618

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
you are right. As posted on the IRCC website, one should only apply for OWP after the AOR unless the TRV is expiring soon. Therefore, my case has high risk of delay or even rejection. Fingers crossed for it to progress as normal.
Good luck!

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Kindly help me with following queries:

Situation: I obtained PR in Dec and will be travelling (1st PoE) to Toronto by the end of March. So I will obtain my PR Card & SIN by April first week or so.

Agenda:
To bring my wife to Canada ASAP and ensure her PR.

Queries:
1. Can I sponsor Spousal Visa before moving there itself? Or do I have there first to sponsor anyone?
2. What is the correct method?
a. Obtain Visitor visa first, move to Canada, Apply for Spousal PR, Apply for OPW based Spousal AoR
b. Apply for Spousal PR in home country, Apply for TRV based on Spousal AOR, Move to Canada.
3. If both are correct in Q2, which has better success rate?

Thanks in Advance :)

Swaleha.M

Jun 5, 2023
Hi, I had applied for my PR in early November and the last update I had was my medical as passed. However, I had given my biometrics in the first week of January and there hasn’t been an update after. Should I be worried as there hasn’t been any update on my profile for a while- last update 24th Jan.

Justin618

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi, I had applied for my PR in early November and the last update I had was my medical as passed. However, I had given my biometrics in the first week of January and there hasn’t been an update after. Should I be worried as there hasn’t been any update on my profile for a while- last update 24th Jan.
Maybe you should call IRCC to ask.