Jan 3, 2019
Application submitted - November 2
AOR - November 28
BIL - December 11
Pre-arrival services letter - December 12
Eligibility completed on PR tracker - December 11
AIP - December 18
SA - December 18

My husband just received sponsor’s approval in his email. I still can’t believeeee
Do we usually get an email for Pre-arrival services, AIP & SA? How do you know that these are received?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
I see above: [one of the poster]: Nov 02 submission - NOv 28 AOR - SA already
I got 2 of my friends same timeline- none so far.. just biometrics..

anyone else similar trend?

M33

Oct 18, 2023
Applied November 1st
AOR Dec 2nd
Biometrics and medical updated on 6 de (previous application)
No update since then.

ishyyyy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Do we usually get an email for Pre-arrival services, AIP & SA? How do you know that these are received?
Yes. Pre-arrival services is found on gckey while AIP will be received by principal applicant and SA will be received by the sponsor, both emailed by the IRCC.

Chomu

Jan 3, 2024
Hi everyone,

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship on November 7, 2023. I also applied for my visitor record on November 14, 2023, as my Visitor visa expires on December 14, 2023.

I received AOR today - January 3, 2024. Now I am about to apply for my Open Work Permit where in the questionnaire I was supposed to answer "When does your status in Canada expire?". Suppose I give December 14, 2023. I have to restore my status by paying $229. I am unsure if I have to do that as I already have applied for a visitor record which is in progress and am currently in a "maintained status". What date should I give and does it matter?

Justin618

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship on November 7, 2023. I also applied for my visitor record on November 14, 2023, as my Visitor visa expires on December 14, 2023.

I received AOR today - January 3, 2024. Now I am about to apply for my Open Work Permit where in the questionnaire I was supposed to answer "When does your status in Canada expire?". Suppose I give December 14, 2023. I have to restore my status by paying $229. I am unsure if I have to do that as I already have applied for a visitor record which is in progress and am currently in a "maintained status". What date should I give and does it matter?
Maybe call IRCC to ask tomorrow

M33

Oct 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

When did u applied for the visitor record? Normally it takes 1 month or less. Mybe u can wait for your extension then apply for the work permit

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
When did u applied for the visitor record? Normally it takes 1 month or less. Mybe u can wait for your extension then apply for the work permit
You should have already your visitor record my partner did that and it took exactly one month and they gave him a year.
They will ask for a proof of status in your owp application and currently you have only your confirmation of submission for the visitor record

Chomu

Jan 3, 2024
You should have already your visitor record my partner did that and it took exactly one month and they gave him a year.
They will ask for a proof of status in your owp application and currently you have only your confirmation of submission for the visitor record
I am not sure why they haven't processed the visitor record yet. In the OWP application, looks like they only ask for the family member's proof of status - meaning the spouse. I also understand that I can't give a random future date on the date of expiry. I will better call IRCC/wait for my visitor record extension.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I am not sure why they haven't processed the visitor record yet. In the OWP application, looks like they only ask for the family member's proof of status - meaning the spouse. I also understand that I can't give a random future date on the date of expiry. I will better call IRCC/wait for my visitor record extension.
I guess you are fine, in their website they updated their explanation https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

Valid temporary status
To have valid temporary resident status, you must either

Reactions: Chomu

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Since we are using a lawyer for our application, when I tried to use the tracker it has the lawyers email there. Is there a way that we can use the tracker without having to keep bugging the laywer?

Thanks!