+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 **inland** spousal applications

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
make appointment on medical clinic and tell them it’s for work permit.

Apply work permit

This medical is used also for your Spouse application
Another doubt - which test should I select from the list of medical exams work permit/ Permanent Residence.

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
Can someone please guide me for SOWP- Is it mandatory to upload Document Checklist IMM5556. If yes, where should i upload rest of the documents such as Aor and Marriage Certificate.

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Can someone please guide me for SOWP- Is it mandatory to upload Document Checklist IMM5556. If yes, where should i upload rest of the documents such as Aor and Marriage Certificate.
I've heard that you should be able to add those to the Client Information section as additional documents. I wasn't able to get that to work, so I sent them through Web Form. It took about 3 days to receive a confirmation the documents were successfully submitted, 4 days for the documents to be presented to an agent for clerical sorting (which caused a ghost update), and then another 11 days for the documents to be officially added to my work permit application.

The documents I sent through Web Form were:
- AOR
- Marriage Certificate
- IMM5556E
- Application Payment Receipt (just in case, since that was one of the checklist items even though I had paid online through their portal)

Reactions: RTV24

RTV24

Jan 5, 2024
I've heard that you should be able to add those to the Client Information section as additional documents. I wasn't able to get that to work, so I sent them through Web Form. It took about 3 days to receive a confirmation the documents were successfully submitted, 4 days for the documents to be presented to an agent for clerical sorting (which caused a ghost update), and then another 11 days for the documents to be officially added to my work permit application.

The documents I sent through Web Form were:
- AOR
- Marriage Certificate
- IMM5556E
- Application Payment Receipt (just in case, since that was one of the checklist items even though I had paid online through their portal)
Thank you !

GloryAlemseged

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Actually you do not need to upload AOR letter. Simply when you fill the application, you are expected to write your UCI. So, it’s to mean as you receive the AOR. Simply upload marriage certificate on client information!

Reactions: RTV24

SkyEarth

Nov 20, 2023
Then is there any benefit to apply for owp?
The average waiting time to receive PR for inland applicants is 12 months, and for Quebec it's 26 months. So the benefit of the OWP is ability to work within 4-6 months rather than 12-24 months (depending on your province). Additionally, the OWP allows you to remain in Canada as a Worker. Which means your status is tied to your work permit rather than your Visitor Record or other Temporary Visa. So there are clear benefits, but it still takes a hot min for the OWP to be processed, unfortunately.