+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
My friend who is a December AOR his application got rejected for police clearance certificate not being up to date is there anyway this could be appealed? Why didn't they just ask for a new one instead of straight rejecting. Has anyone seen this before???
They are pretty strict with police certificates. It depends on the what "being not up to date" means. if his certificate did not follow the rules below then there is nothing that can be done, as this is something they request upfront and is in the document checklist. If it did follow the guidelines and the officer was overzealous then it could be appealed but he might be better off just putting his file back in the pool and wait for another ITA (I would assume appealing can take a long time)

these are the guidelines as per IRCC:
Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
PCC is one of the most common reasons why people get rejected.
Oh ok. I guess he is just going to have to make another express entry profile. And gather the documents again

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
Case update:

ITA 26th Oct 2023
AOR 28th Nov 2023
FSW-O Healthcare

Status on the Tracker:

BIL+Medical instructions 31st Jan 2024
Biometrics completed 5th Feb 2024
Medical given (awaiting results) 12th Feb 2024
Eligibility completed 15th Feb 2024
Background still in progress

Now I'm worried after reading about someone's PCC being the reason for rejection.
I gave mine for the last 10 years 2013 till present at the time of submission. I wonder whether they can create an issue. I'm hoping not because it does say either from the age of 18 or last 10 years whichever is less.

Fingers crossed!!!!

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I called too and the agent seemed very annoyed She didn't say anything about BG checking
I also called yesterday. Since last week decided to call once a week (not sure if it's too much) to check up on my application. So previous time I called they said my criminality is passed, security and info sharing are in progress. However, yesterday an agent said that my security is not started (criminality is passed, info sharing is in progress). I hope previous time I misunderstood an agent or she told me wrong. Anybody experienced this? UPD: so I read that security screening commences only after eligibility is passed. So I think we misunderstood each other in the previous call about my security being in progress.

Last edited:

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
My friend who is a December AOR his application got rejected for police clearance certificate not being up to date is there anyway this could be appealed? Why didn't they just ask for a new one instead of straight rejecting. Has anyone seen this before???
Yes, I saw this happening many times. So sorry for your friend.

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Case update:

ITA 26th Oct 2023
AOR 28th Nov 2023
FSW-O Healthcare

Status on the Tracker:

BIL+Medical instructions 31st Jan 2024
Biometrics completed 5th Feb 2024
Medical given (awaiting results) 12th Feb 2024
Eligibility completed 15th Feb 2024
Background still in progress

Now I'm worried after reading about someone's PCC being the reason for rejection.
I gave mine for the last 10 years 2013 till present at the time of submission. I wonder whether they can create an issue. I'm hoping not because it does say either from the age of 18 or last 10 years whichever is less.

Fingers crossed!!!!
As far as I understand, if something is wrong PCC (they're not satisfied with it), they refuse an application at R10 check before issuing BIL&MIL. So I believe you're fine. Anyway you can call and ask about criminality, if it is passed, PCC is fine. Please correct me someone if I got it wrong.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
As far as I understand, if something is wrong PCC (they're not satisfied with it), they refuse an application at R10 check before issuing BIL&MIL. So I believe you're fine. Anyway you can call and ask about criminality, if it is passed, PCC is fine. Please correct me someone if I got it wrong.

I hope so! My understanding of R10 completeness check was whether all the documents have been given or not, not whether they are correct.
I really do hope you are right and everything get cleared smoothly

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
In the mean time try to learn how to update you CV and getting it in Canadian format. check job bank website and create a profile. just let them do their job and focus on what you can do
CV is academic, resume is for applying to jobs ;)

Also, jobbank is full of LMIA selling employers. So, most people don't hear back from employers on it and have a much much higher response rate from Indeed.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
I also called yesterday. Since last week decided to call once a week (not sure if it's too much) to check up on my application. So previous time I called they said my criminality is passed, security and info sharing are in progress. However, yesterday an agent said that my security is not started (criminality is passed, info sharing is in progress). I hope previous time I misunderstood an agent or she told me wrong. Anybody experienced this?
What's the difference between info sharing and security?

hawkswalks

Nov 26, 2023
Sydney Australia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-08-2023
Nomination.....
12-09-2023
AOR Received.
4-11-2023
Med's Done....
26-10-2023
After noticing an error wherein my dependent's name appeared incorrectly on gckey and tracker i sent a webform to ircc a couple of weeks ago but no response and/or correction thus far, does anyone know how long it can take for the webform to be actioned?

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
What's the difference between info sharing and security?
Found this online. If you google it, you can detailed articles on it. Background checks are used to verify information regarding someone’s criminal record, education, and employment history.

There are three main steps involved in a background check:

• Criminal History Check – This stage of the background check confirms any past criminal activity, from DUIs to any registration in a criminal organization.
  • Security Screening – This stage assesses your risk to the health and safety of Canada and Canadians, completed by CBSA, CSIS, and IRCC.
  • Information Sharing – At this stage, the various authorities share their information with each other and the IRCC makes a final decision regarding your application.

Reactions: NimmaDreamland

kaliko9

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
After noticing an error wherein my dependent's name appeared incorrectly on gckey and tracker i sent a webform to ircc a couple of weeks ago but no response and/or correction thus far, does anyone know how long it can take for the webform to be actioned?
I'd say I got a response definitely in less than 2 weeks.

Reactions: hawkswalks

dreamy19

Feb 16, 2024
Hi,

I am looking for an advice from you all.My AOR is Nov 25 under CEC EE.I have applied through representative,I haven’t heard anything about my application after that.I am really worried, I cannot access tracker as well.Is there any safe way to get the status update because I am worried if it will hamper the processing. I am getting really stressed out about the same.Please help if you have any idea.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
I also called yesterday. Since last week decided to call once a week (not sure if it's too much) to check up on my application. So previous time I called they said my criminality is passed, security and info sharing are in progress. However, yesterday an agent said that my security is not started (criminality is passed, info sharing is in progress). I hope previous time I misunderstood an agent or she told me wrong. Anybody experienced this?
Found this online. If you google it, you can detailed articles on it. Background checks are used to verify information regarding someone’s criminal record, education, and employment history.

There are three main steps involved in a background check:

• Criminal History Check – This stage of the background check confirms any past criminal activity, from DUIs to any registration in a criminal organization.
  • Security Screening – This stage assesses your risk to the health and safety of Canada and Canadians, completed by CBSA, CSIS, and IRCC.
  • Information Sharing – At this stage, the various authorities share their information with each other and the IRCC makes a final decision regarding your application.

Thank you so much for helping me understand it better. Now reading more about it. Uselessly I became happy that eligibility is cleared which means yay they are satisfied with my work history etc ‍♀

So in reality everything is evaluated in Background check and eligibility just means that I have submitted the correct application. Sigh. Long way to go

Reactions: kaliko9