+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
Like many others, we received the update on April 19th that Background Check is in progress. I am choosing to believe that it was already in progress, and that the big update gap in between March 20 and April 19 ended up with a lot of updated profiles.
Eligibility in progress on tracker - May 24

I have to assume this is good news?

rahulravi2709

Nov 28, 2016
Does this mean spouses with an aor would get a high chance of visit visa approval? The article goes through a lot of things but somethings are not clear if they apply to Outland spouses.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Does this mean spouses with an aor would get a high chance of visit visa approval? The article goes through a lot of things but somethings are not clear if they apply to Outland spouses.
I believe it applies to whether your applications is inland or Outland so far there is
i believe this applies to whether an application is inland or Outland so far you have an active permanent residence application and chances of getting approved is higher so in such case, visit visa would be processed within 30 days.
See as it was stated below:

The new system uses advanced analytics to identify people who have a permanent residency application in the system and approve their visa to visit Canada more quickly.

The minister says he hopes the turnaround time will now be as short as 30 days.

"This means that family members will be able to travel to Canada more quickly and be with their loved ones sooner than was previously the case," Fraser said at a press conference in Vancouver Friday.

The new system will sift through the person's application and determine how likely it is that they will be granted permanent residency. Those with a high likelihood will be put in a category that fast tracks their temporary visa.

So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent, he said.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I am sure this is absolute b.s. We applied filed my wife's PR application in November and applied for TRV in March, after getting AOR, sponsorship approval, medical passed, etc. Got a denial 2 days after applying.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
I am sure this is absolute b.s. We applied filed my wife's PR application in November and applied for TRV in March, after getting AOR, sponsorship approval, medical passed, etc. Got a denial 2 days after applying.
This is a new thing according to that article and was just released yesterday evening if you checked the date.

My wife’s spouse visa is still on process and we submitted same month as yours. She had done some of her medical as well but had to defer her X-ray exam due to pregnancy.
We had applied for visit visa since Jan 2022 and still no response till today.
We just hope this new measure they are taking gets the visit visa approved in time

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
This is a new thing according to that article and was just released yesterday evening if you checked the date.

My wife’s spouse visa is still on process and we submitted same month as yours. She had done some of her medical as well but had to defer her X-ray exam due to pregnancy.
We just hope this new measure they are taking gets the visit visa approved in time
I noted the date, but I also noted this comment in the article: "So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent." How can that be, is the new system is just out of the box? Or is that 98% of applications processed since the new program started yesterday? That would not be much of a sample.

For us, in any event, too dangerous to apply under the so-called "new system". My wife has been denied TRVs 3 times since 2019. If we applied a 4th time, they would see her as ultra-desperate to come to Canada for some evil reason and so not only would she get an immediate deny, but we would almost certainly kill any hope for her PR. With 3 refusals under her belt she has probably already signed the death warrant for her PR application.

• Sad
Reactions: Charbk and comarxx

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noted the date, but I also noted this comment in the article: "So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent." How can that be, is the new system is just out of the box? Or is that 98% of applications processed since the new program started yesterday? That would not be much of a sample.

For us, in any event, too dangerous to apply under the so-called "new system". My wife has been denied TRVs 3 times since 2019. If we applied a 4th time, they would see her as ultra-desperate to come to Canada for some evil reason and so not only would she get an immediate deny, but we would almost certainly kill any hope for her PR. With 3 refusals under her belt she has probably already signed the death warrant for her PR application.
In actual there is no percentage yet. It just started.

In my understanding on the announcement. He was saying that with this new system in place regarding trv, the main focus is for faster reunification of families.

So, if you have an existing sponsorship under family class and the chances of the pr approval is high the percentage of trv approval is 98%.

Plus he was saying that either inland or outland trv applicant can now apply with owp.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
In actual there is no percentage yet. It just started.
Well, if new and there is an anticipated 98% approval rate, then why not say that, instead of "So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent." That, to my pea brain, sounds like actual experience so far from something already in place.

Annie503

May 2, 2023
I believe it applies to whether your applications is inland or Outland so far there is

i believe this applies to whether an application is inland or Outland so far you have an active permanent residence application and chances of getting approved is higher so in such case, visit visa would be processed within 30 days.
See as it was stated below:

The new system uses advanced analytics to identify people who have a permanent residency application in the system and approve their visa to visit Canada more quickly.

The minister says he hopes the turnaround time will now be as short as 30 days.

"This means that family members will be able to travel to Canada more quickly and be with their loved ones sooner than was previously the case," Fraser said at a press conference in Vancouver Friday.

The new system will sift through the person's application and determine how likely it is that they will be granted permanent residency. Those with a high likelihood will be put in a category that fast tracks their temporary visa.

So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent, he said.

Can anyone say when is this policy effective?

When can I apply under this new system. When is this policy effective? For those of you who got a denial previously..RE-APPLY.. the article says over 90 percent approval!

Reactions: Charbk

Annie503

May 2, 2023

Kaliban,

This is called a DUAL INTENT VISA. Please ensure the new policy is in effect before anyone applies!!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Kaliban,

This is called a DUAL INTENT VISA. Please ensure the new policy is in effect before anyone applies!!
That "dual intent" concept has been around for a long time. Is this what the IRCC is calling this new program?

In any event, sounds great for some, but for my wife and I, who just got our third TRV refusal in March, I see it as posing too much risk to my wife's PR application. We already face a likely denial just on the basis of 3 failed TRV applications. The rule of thunk offered by the seasoned members of this forum is not to apply again once you have 2 refusals. So, for us, I think a fourth application would be the final nail in the coffin.

We are now just over 6 months into the process and, on the off chance we succeed, she can be here next summer. That's all we care about, is for her to spend a summer where I live on a large oceanfront acreage. There's no better place to be in summer. We tried for summer 2020, 2022 and 2023. Once summer is over, it does not matter if we have to wait another 6 months. In winter, I'd be just as happy to be back in the Philippines with her, which is where I spent this past winter. Winter is no time for someone who has always lived in the tropics and the desert (UAE) to arrive in Canada for the first time.

Annie503

May 2, 2023
Dear Kaliban:

I know the dual intent has been around for a long time. This is a NEW TWIST to the entire TRV. Artificial intelligence will be used as as long as there is a AOR, The minister guarantees over 98 percent approval . I saw the minster with my own two eyes saying it. Could he be misleading the entire Canada? I think not. So lets wait for this new policy to be in force then we 'shoot off' all these lovely TRV Applications and see what the decision is!
Anyone getting a DENIAL, well well ... go stand at the Ministers office with a demonstration sign saying, 'WAS THIS A BALONEY JOKE"

Cheers and all the best everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: Charbk